Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Mike@Modbargains
Mein Auto: 2000 323Ci
Arrow Upgrade Your Stock Xenons - 6000k and 8000k HID Bulbs

Hey guys, I posted a thread up in the classified forums about this but lots of people don't look there so I just wanted to inform you that I am running a special $40 discount on 6000k and 8000k bulbs for your X3 or X5.

Q: What are 6000k and 8000k bulbs and what do I have now?

Most likely your X-series has 4300k HID xenon bulbs installed. These give off a bright white color with sometimes a little bit of yellow. 6000k bulbs will upgrade your bulbs to a slight purple look, and 8000k will upgrade them to a blue color. See the picture below for a comparison of 4000k (left), 6000k (middle), and 8000k (right)

Here is another picture that shows the difference between the 6000k and 8000k bulbs:

These are not imitation HID look-alike bulbs, THESE ARE REAL HID BULBS - only to be used to upgrade your OEM HID bulbs. BMW ships all HID equipped cars with bulbs which produce a 4300k color temperature. These 4300k bulbs emit a mostly white, but slightly yellow glow. Bulbs with a 6000k color temperature will illuminate a mostly white, but slightly purple glow. Bulbs with an 8000k color temperature will illuminate a mostly white, but slightly blue / cyan glow (see pictures above).

Regardless of which HID upgrade you choose, your BMW will stand out from the crowd, and the pleasant colors emitted by these replacement bulbs will be visible every time you drive.

Upgrading from 4300k bulbs to 8000k bulbs has been compared to the difference between upgrading your lights from Halogen to HID -- that is how dramatic the color change is.

HID XENON lamps are designed to last for the life of your vehicle. They will run for over 2000 hours. Our bulbs are made of the finest materials available. Should you experience a manufacturer-defect related problem with your bulbs any time within one year, we will gladly provide you with an exchange. This warranty does not cover, modification, misuse, improper installation or mishandling.

Many people are incorrect in thinking that the higher the colour temperature the brighter the lamp. The colour temperature (measured in K = kelvin) is purely a scale to measure the colour of the light output. It is a reference purely for colour and could equally be called White, Purple or Blue. The reality is the higher up the scale the lamps are the less bright they become. 6000K lamps are approx 7% brighter (measured in Lumens, not degrees K) than the 8000K. This is why we have chosen not to carry any lighting solutions over 8000k, such as 10,000k or 12,000k.

Retail Pricing is $169.00, I will normally sell it at a discount of $10 at $159.00 for a pair. FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY get a pair for $129.00!!!

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them for you. Thank you so much!

Last edited by Mike@Modbargains; 01-07-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2005, 09:04 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Send a message via AIM to dsheli
Mein Auto: GulfStream G450
I think there is a classifieds section for a reason! I can't seem to find your QUESTION about the X5!

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 01-07-2005, 09:06 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheli
I think there is a classifieds section for a reason! I can't seem to find your QUESTION about the X5!
I'm only trying to let you know that you can get these for $129 instead of $200 from other people. Sorry for trying to save you money.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:14 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

I think that it is great that you are trying to save people money but I just don't think it was correct to post an "ad" in the forum. You start to do it than everyone will. If I was in the market than I would probably buy the lights from you but I am not. If I was I would look in the "classified" section.

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 01-07-2005, 09:17 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheli
I think that it is great that you are trying to save people money but I just don't think it was correct to post an "ad" in the forum. You start to do it than everyone will. If I was in the market than I would probably buy the lights from you but I am not. If I was I would look in the "classified" section.
The classifieds section is stuck way down at the bottom of the list of forums, and 4x more people look at the X-Series forum than the classifieds forum What would you do if you were in my position, you were running a great sale and the only place you could post it would be somewhere nobody looks? A little frustrating for me. Sorry if I infringed upon this forum, but I was just trying to get the word out to people that may be interested.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:21 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

What ever... I don't want to start a fight.

BTW: Why don't you ask the owner to move the classifieds for you? You are a sponsor. They might listen who knows.

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 01-07-2005, 09:25 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Not trying to fight either Sorry if I came across as confrontational. I have contacted the owner and that led to the creation of the site sponsor forum. Out of curiosity have you ever looked at that?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Well I don't know how hard it is to change your banner but you might think of posting your sales there. Looking at your ad now I don't really know what it is for. Maybe instead of targeting an extremely broad market with "Exclusive discounts on your favorite products" you could try 4 or 5 of the most popular mods people do. If I was looking of a HID kit and saw "Exclusive Discounts on Xenons, XXX, XXX, and XXX. I would click on it. Especially if it was on a great site like bimmerfest. Or for mod sites like x5world. For example if there was an article about changing your fogs to the HID lamp. Then in the instructions have a link that says: You can purchase the HID conversion kit here. That would help support X5world as well as be nice for the people that go there. I know I would like it. I would then feel confident that I am ordering the right parts.

Just a little thought ,
David

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 01-08-2005, 05:15 AM
Member of the club

Mein Auto: BMW X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Modbargains
Not trying to fight either Sorry if I came across as confrontational. I have contacted the owner and that led to the creation of the site sponsor forum. Out of curiosity have you ever looked at that?
Mike, I actually do check out your posts over there quite frequently. You come across some great deals and I appreciate your sharing them with us.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:13 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCrewX5
Mike, I actually do check out your posts over there quite frequently. You come across some great deals and I appreciate your sharing them with us.
You're welcome. We look around for 1-2 hours per day for those deals and sometimes come up empty handed, but when we find something we love posting it on our site for everyone to benefit.