BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

is this a decent deal on a 07 328xi?

584 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  grussell 
#1 ·
so im in the market for a new car after having an awful experience with my WRX that has been in the shop way more than on the road. I'm in the process of selling it while looking for a new car. I'm currently in the market for a 328 or an is350. my buddy said look for a 335 but I'm hearing those are a pain maintenance wise so thats out of the question. i just want something i can drive without worrying about breaking down and just one i can do basic maintenance and be fine. so i came across this in a local BMW dealership:

2007 BMW 328xi sedan
six spd
one owner
50k miles
$14,xxx

the car fax looked pretty clean as far as i can tell with nothing really standing out. so my question is:

is this a good car reliability wise? a good deal on this car? any additional advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated. :)

#2 · (Edited)
That is really low mileage. See if the dealer can pull up the maintenance history and review with you. My 2010 328xi has 99,xxx miles. If you can handle the routine maintenance yourself you should be fine. Spark plugs and coils are easy to change, oil and filter are easy to change. I replaced my valve cover gasket recently and that was not to difficult. The CCV valve can fail and you have to replace the valve cover because it is built in to it. The valve cover is $375+ by itself. There are two engine versions, the N51 and N52. The N51 is the SULEV low emmissions version. The fuel pump is more expensive and unless you buy one online you have to get it from the dealer if you buy local. If you have the VIN, you can determine which engine it has. My 328xi has been a good one. That would be a fair price with that mileage here in Colorado.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.