BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

buying my first bmw

871 views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  AMGE36 
#1 ·
OK I'm thinking of trading in my truck and get a 06 Xi ( which one Idk but must be Xi and manual)
I'm just curious to know for a 9-10 year old bmw from a used car dealer how many miles should it have and what should I look for?
Thanks in advance.

#2 · (Edited)
Interesting question
This all depend on previous owner or owners?
Start visiting used cars dealers - BMW dealers and talk
Some cars are old & can have price high or newer one can be worn out & junk.
How much money you can spend on your dream baby?
Try speak up loud I looking for that or that model

How you understand Xi model?
Is a SUV X5 or X3 - X1 *** 3 series - 5 series AWD? > all those cars can have AWD gasoline engines ( Xi) awd gas engine
Are you from Hong Kong?

#3 · (Edited)
Depending somewhat on the mileage and on where it has been incurred, a 330xi you are looking for should have the following routine maintenance done: coolant pump and thermostat, serpentine belt and idler pulleys, spark plugs, brake rotors and pads, and all the fluids, especially the transfer case fluid.

A reasonable car that has not all the listed items done is still worth considering, but it may soon need servicing.

The post is based on the experience with my 330xi, MT.

#6 · (Edited)
What are you asking impossible say something.
Looking for old cheap car * for sure have lots of miles on
What type of previous owner?
Look on this 150.000.00 perfect shape & maintained properly
Other car 30.000.00 engine worn out couple of accidence.

Set you line how much you can pay?
Plus you need money to do some correction repairs
Tires - Brakes - Alternator - Spark Plugs - Engine Oil - Transmission - Transfer case -
Radiator - water pump and so on.
Best of all get 335i or 335d rear wheel drive much better cars

#8 · (Edited)
330xi 06: My post is based on the experience with just one 330xi, used mostly for highway driving and long distance touring, 80 kmiles so far. The car has worked quite well, but I can only compare it to my other car, listed in my signature line. There are experienced BMW technical people on the forum, who have seen many more cars and can give you an opinion based on better statistics. I have seen reasonable 330xi-s with 100+/-20 kmiles on them, but you realize that any car you may find and like you should take for an inspection to a shop familiar with BMWs.

#11 ·
Whoa. Want a site that may give you indications of consumer problems? I've got just the site for you!

Search: Safercar.gov 'complaints' by year, make, model.

Peruse at your heart's content...but pay close attention!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.