Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 01-15-2005, 08:03 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 330CI
are Chinese language cell phones compatible with BMW bluetooth??

Hi all, I am new to this forum, tho I've joined this site a couple weeks ago, never had the chance to actually posting a message.

I just have a quick question regarding my soon to be cell phone>>

I plan to buy a Sony Ericsson T630/637 with Chinese input. I wonder if it would be compatible with BMW bluetooth ~~ I mean can a cell phone with different language setting work with BMW ULF??

I have the latest ULF purchased from bimmernave.com and navigation. IF the cell phone works with BMW, is there a possibility that the navigation screen would display Chinese??? I'd be very impressed if it does.

BTW, I've done quite a bit of search on this forum before I post this message; I've already looked the e46fanatics. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything regarding this matter.

any help will be appreciated ~~
Old 01-15-2005, 02:45 PM
DHP pwns ZHP :p

Mein Auto: DHP Heehee... :p
I don't see why the phone wouldn't work with Bluetooth on the BMW. (As far as using it to make and receive calls)

BUT....

I wouldn't expect it to display the chinese text. If your phonebook entries are in Chinese, I wouldn't be surprised if the names don't show up right.

Although it would be quite nice if it did display, it would be a surprise to me to say the least.

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
"du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt"