BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Mission Accomplished

4K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  djlfp 
#1 ·
My 2 day ED trip is almost over already. Arrived yesterday afternoon, drove all day today, just dropped off at Harms, flying back in the morning.

Meet my new baby:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Alex Baumann said:
Holy Moly ! The color is stunning ! :yikes:
I was really pleasantly surprised with the color (having never seen it in person). Atlantic Blue is a 6er only color and I ordered on faith. I really love it! It looks gorgeous in the sun! :bigpimp:

Attachments

#4 ·
BillKach said:
I was really pleasantly surprised with the color (having never seen it in person). Atlantic Blue is a 6er only color and I ordered on faith. I really love it! It looks gorgeous in the sun! :bigpimp:
Excellent color Bill :thumbup: I love it!!

So the weather looks nice and dry in Munich aye??!! ;) What the heck is going on here??!! :dunno:

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:

#5 · (Edited)
beewang said:
Excellent color Bill :thumbup: I love it!!

So the weather looks nice and dry in Munich aye??!! ;) What the heck is going on here??!! :dunno:

cheers,

beewang :bigpimp:
Thanks bee :)
Yeah, it started out really cold this morning, car said 25 degrees but by the time I dropped off it was over 40. Most important is that the roads were dry, no rain or snow at all. Nothing much is new with ED except that the entrance gate is broken (the gate where you used to ring the buzzer doesn't work so you go to the other entrance on the other side of the shack at the gate). I took the U-bahn this time ... the directions from this site were perfect. And of course, thanks for the Nav disk, worked like a charm, don't know how I managed without last time.

#8 · (Edited)
Here are the interior pics I have, sorry they aren't that great...

One more thing that was new to me... I'm surprised I've never seen it mentioned here that there is a car wash right near Harms in Munich. (Maybe its new) I found it very convenient to wash off the road salt before dropping off. Certainly did a better job than hotel towels! The car wash is at the Aral gas station. If you're going west on B471 from the A9, the Aral is just past Robert-Bosch Strasse.

Attachments

#10 ·
OnOn said:
Love the color as well.....looks very close/identical (?) to my '96 Atlanta Blue Z3 (which will be making room for a new 530 via ED in May).

Cheers,

OnOn
Thanks! To me it seems a little darker and deeper than Atlanta Blue.

#12 ·
Alex Baumann said:
Bill, what interior trim is that ? Ruthenium ?
yes, I think the metallic trim looks better than wood on a coupe like this. especially with SMG.

#15 ·
Looks beautiful! I love that blue you chose- very unique. It'll look great back here in Sun Diego. Have a safe trip back.

~Jon

#17 ·
Redelivery

Finally reunited with my new baby today. Redelivery is the greatest feeling!
Here's the timetable in case anyone is curious:

Dropped off in Munich 1/18
Ship departed Bremerhaven 1/28
Ship arrived Port Hueneme 2/26
Car arrived at dealer 3/6
Redelivery 3/7

7 weeks- not bad :)
:drive:

#18 ·
BillKach said:

Redelivery 3/7

Wow, that must've been a long seven weeks.

It looks like there was a 10 day gap between drop off and shipping; I wonder what is the longest this gap can be?

I am leaving next month for mine, and I am dreading the time between dropoff and redelivery. Although on the flip side, it's almost like getting a new car twice.

Congratulations!

#20 ·
BillKach said:

Redelivery 3/7

Bill was your car,very very nice,on the OTELLO?Mine was.Munich drop off 1/19 VPC Port NEAT,NJ 2/9 Redelievery JMK BMW 2/22
Good luck,enjoy
vern

#21 ·
Congrats Bill, that seemed like a long time. I am hoping 6weeks or less for the east coast. Enjoy the new wheels. Very nice. :thumbup:

#22 ·
vern said:
Bill was your car,very very nice,on the OTELLO?
vern
Thanks for the compliments guys - I'm really loving the car!

Vern- mine was on the GRUS.

#23 ·
Congratulations Bill....enjoy the car.
My car still shows as awaiting transport on the OC. I sent Harms 2 emails and have not received word if it has shipped and my dealer has given me no information!! I dropped it off almost 3 weeks ago so I'm hoping this is just a communications snag.

#26 ·
Bubbles said:
Does the 750li have this same color, atlantic blue? Or same color, different name?
I've been told that Atlantic Blue is only available on the 6 series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.