Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 03-13-2005, 02:37 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
Considering ED, but what about those lead times...?

I'm considering doing ED on an '05 325Ci, but I'm wondering how long the lead time is.
How long from the time I order before I can pick it up in Munich?
How long after I get home before it shows up at the dealership?

I think the BMWNA ED website says something like 3 months from order to pick-up (in Munich), and 6-8 weeks from drop-off to pick-up in the US. It sounds to me as if the drop-off to pickup time might be hard to change since it relies on shipping, customes and such. Can the order to pick-up (in Munich) time possibly be expedited? I'm planning to order in the next couple weeks, but I would ideally like a car by the time I graduate college near end of this May (probably too soon). I can live sans car for a while, but if possible, I'd like to speed the process...any thoughts? Anyone had different experiences with these lead times?
Ads by Google
Old 03-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to arnolds
Mein Auto: E60/E90/E85
I think order to pickup times can be shorter. 5 weeks at the earliest. If you order now, May pick up is definitely doable.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: e46 M3
I think this sounds about right. My first ED was 5 or 6 weeks. This time I'm at 8 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnolds
I think order to pickup times can be shorter. 5 weeks at the earliest. If you order now, May pick up is definitely doable.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:29 PM
Have a world-class day

Mein Auto: 08 528i 6spd white ED3/08
If you are pressed for time or rather not wait, ED may not be for you. The quickest I have read here that other bimmerfesters have received their cars is 4 weeks, and that usually is to the east coast. The latest they have ordered it is 5 weeks. I assume you are talking about purchasing the new 325i, the old one I believe is out of production for ED pick up. Whatever is left on the lots is what is available.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ght=march+24th
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ght=march+24th
ED 3/19/08
528I 08 6spd white/beige interior
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272222

Last edited by yamilrx; 03-13-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:59 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Mein Auto: is way too fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamilrx
If you are pressed for time or rather not wait, ED may not be for you. The quickest I have read hear that other bimmerfesters have received their cars is 4 weeks, and that usually is to the east coast. The latest they have ordered it is 5 weeks. I assume you are talking about purchasing the new 325i, the old one I believe is out of production for ED pick up. Whatever is left on the lots is what is available.
If he wants a Ci he should be fine. It's just the sedans that have stopped production.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:46 PM

Mein Auto: 325i
That's great! I think this forum is one of the few good places to learn about Euro Delivery. I just don't want to get jerked around by the dealership. Thanks everyone for the info.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: A piece of junk
Has anyone recently ordered an E90 for ED? I'm wondering what the lead time is? (Do different models have different lead times?) If I order one around May 7th, will my lead time will be longer because of more people ordering when the car is launched.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Using SPF 45

Mein Auto: 2004 330Cic
Quote:
Part of the long lead time is to make sure you get everything the way you want it, specifically the pick-up date. If you're ready to move, and there aren't any factory delays, you probably could do it in 6-8 weeks. Maybe even 5. But to be safe, they suggest (and I'd agree), leave 3 mos. if possible.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:55 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsko
Has anyone recently ordered an E90 for ED? I'm wondering what the lead time is? (Do different models have different lead times?) If I order one around May 7th, will my lead time will be longer because of more people ordering when the car is launched.
I am w/ Tanning Machine, you need to have a 3 months leadtime, unless you are willing to compromise on colors and options, don't press your luck and cut the leadtime down.
Old 03-16-2005, 01:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to arnolds
Mein Auto: E60/E90/E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang
I am w/ Tanning Machine, you need to have a 3 months leadtime, unless you are willing to compromise on colors and options, don't press your luck and cut the leadtime down.

Yep...my lead time is about 5 weeks.

Thought about it and decided on Feb 8. Date of Pickup Mar 23.

You have to know the options you want and stick with it. I had about 3 days to change my mind on the options and that was it.

The short lead time might also have to do with it being a slow time of the year for Eeuro-Delivery.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Using SPF 45

Quote:
Hey, Bee -- do they ever take cars that are already scheduled for production, but US delivery, and reallocate them to ED? Or have a pool of ED cars that aren't committed?

I would have assumed the biggest constraint is getting a production slot, and 5 weeks out might be too soon. But, if you can get a slot, at least you can choose your options. Maybe that day, with no regrets, but at least chose 'em.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:12 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanning machine
...do they ever take cars that are already scheduled for production, but US delivery, and reallocate them to ED?.....
This one is a bit tricky, the real answer is yes, this usually happens on high demand cars (M, 645 and any new model car).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanning machine
...Or have a pool of ED cars that aren't committed?.....
Yes they do, and if you are flexible you they can usually accomadate you on the "pool" cars with 1 month or less. This usually works when someone wants a fairly loaded highend car (i.e. 7series).
Old 03-16-2005, 04:03 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Mein Auto: Trek 6500 MTB
Quote:
Yep...my lead time is about 5 weeks.

Thought about it and decided on Feb 8. Date of Pickup Mar 23.

You have to know the options you want and stick with it. I had about 3 days to change my mind on the options and that was it.

The short lead time might also have to do with it being a slow time of the year for Eeuro-Delivery.
Mine was about the same. What was the date I learned about the awesome lease deal you got, arnolds? Whatever it was, that was when I made my deal. Learned about the deal around 10 am and by 4 pm that day, I had my car ordered! LOL

However, my orignal pick-up day was March 18th and I got it moved to the 23rd.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:37 PM
Using SPF 45

Quote:

Yes they do, and if you are flexible you they can usually accomadate you on the "pool" cars with 1 month or less. This usually works when someone wants a fairly loaded highend car (i.e. 7series).
Ah, yes, anything to get rid of one of those monstrosities