Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 01-18-2005, 01:50 PM   #1
BMW Motorsport Recognizes Turner Motorsport Winning Record

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

BMW Racing Teams from Around the Globe Come Together for One Night

Zell am See, Austria - December 3, 2004 - BMW Motorsport held its annual gala event in northern Austria recognizing top BMW racing achievements from around the globe in 2004. More than 650 guests gathered representing championship teams and drivers including BMW WilliamsF1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya, European Touring Car Champion Andy Prialux, and both driver teams from the 1-2 BMW Team victory at the Nurbringing 24 hour race. North American racer Will Turner from Turner Motorsport was one of few American drivers attending the mainly European event.

Motorsport Director Mario Theissen was on hand to make special recognition to more than 30 BMW drivers and teams who were all nominees competing for the coveted BMW Sports Trophy. More than 241,000 Euros were handed out to the privateer teams to reinforce BMW’s appreciation for competing using the ultimate driving machine. Receiving special recognition and representing Turner Motorsport was President Will Turner. The Turner Motorsport team continued their winning ways in 2004, winning another SCCA SPEED Touring Car Driver's Championship as well as securing the Manufacturer's Crown for BMW. The team's continued dominance passed over to their debut season in the Grand Am Cup series with Will Turner and teammate Don Salama heading up the points for much of the season and earning second place in the overall Championship.

After returning from the “weekend” event, Turner Motorsport owner Will Turner was ecstatic; “BMW put on a first class event in the Austrian Alps and Turner Motorsport was honored to be one of the top 10 teams recognized world-wide. This is very special not only for our race team, but every employee at TMS who recognizes the significant role racing plays in our business; from tuning our customer’s BMWs to developing our own performance parts and sending them to customers world wide.” When asked about being recognized by BMWs Motorsport Director Will commented “this is fantastic exposure for us as we begin planning our 2005 attack on three racing titles here in the U.S. We hope to put the blue and yellow Turner cars on the minds of not only our fans and competitors here, but also get more attention from our friends and supporters at BMW AG in Munich. I could not be more pleased with our accomplishments in 2004, but you can bet we will be even more title-hungry in 2005!”

Turner Motorsport (www.turnermotorsport.com) will again be campaigning in SPEED World Challenge (www.world-challenge.com/) as well as broadening their Grand Am Cup (http://www.grand-am.com) effort by racing the BMW 330i in Sport Touring (ST), as well as a new 2005 E46 M3 to compete in Grand Sport (GS). The 2005 racing season all begins on February 3rd in Daytona, FL and will be covered by SPEED Channel (www.speedtv.com).
This article has been viewed 26403 times.