Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 01-19-2005, 02:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to troymerritt Send a message via Yahoo to troymerritt
Mein Auto: BMW
Cool How do you pair a bluetooth phone with GPS/Assist

I have a 2005 M3 and I want to be able to pair my phone with my car. How do you activate the blue tooth in the car so that my phone will see it and so that I can add the passcode. I am having problems pairing it. I have done it on a 330I that did not have GPS but I can't figure out how to do it in a car that has the GPS. I guess you can't do it the same way.

Please help me with this!!!!!
Thanks Troy Merritt
Soldier in Germany
Ads by Google
Old 01-19-2005, 05:15 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymerritt
I have a 2005 M3 and I want to be able to pair my phone with my car. How do you activate the blue tooth in the car so that my phone will see it and so that I can add the passcode. I am having problems pairing it. I have done it on a 330I that did not have GPS but I can't figure out how to do it in a car that has the GPS. I guess you can't do it the same way.

Please help me with this!!!!!
Thanks Troy Merritt
Soldier in Germany
Here you go... http://www.x5world.com/2005_bt_pairing.htm
Old 01-19-2005, 06:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to troymerritt Send a message via Yahoo to troymerritt
Mein Auto: BMW
Cool Question regarding blue tooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic
Does the vehicle need to be turned on. What are the specific details on how to do this. Do I hold the button or quickly press down? Do I hold the button as I turn the key?

I have GPS/Assist. My vehicle is an M3. I don't know if that makes a difference or not?
Thanks, Troy Merritt
Old 01-19-2005, 06:44 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Quote:
Does the vehicle need to be turned on. What are the specific details on how to do this. Do I hold the button or quickly press down? Do I hold the button as I turn the key?

I have GPS/Assist. My vehicle is an M3. I don't know if that makes a difference or not?
Thanks, Troy Merritt
Troy, the procedure is the same as you did on the 330i. Yes, hold the key as you turn the key, it should ask for the passkey.

Also note that, before starting the pairing process, you should set the cell phone to 'Bluetooth visible' mode, almost every cell phone has this option in the bluetooth configuration menu.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:47 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:

Thanks, Troy Merritt
Troy, the instructions are in that link...

Quote:
PAIRING PROCEDURE E46/E83/E85/E53

1. Turn Key off and then to KL-R or KL-15.
2. The vehicle is ready for pairing for the first 2 minutes of key on.
3. "Activate Telephone" appears on the MID or Board Monitor.
4. During the pairing process, depending on equipment, the indicator lights on MID or Board Monitor display flash.
5. Your mobile phone should now be set to search for BT devices. See the Owner's Manual for your handset.
6. A request to enter a password, PIN, or code appears on the handset display, depending on your model. Enter the 'BLUETOOTH PASSKEY" (supplied with the vehicle literature), using the numerical keys on the handset and confirm the input. Look for a confirmation message on the handset.
7. To conclude the pairing process, turn the key off.
8. Wait approximately 30 seconds before turning the key back on. The phone will now be connected when the key is turned on. It may take several minutes to initially load the phone book stored in the handset depending on the number of entries.

Last edited by Technic; 01-19-2005 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 M3 -w- Everything
I'm going to feel sooooo stupid after I ask this question but . . .

What does, "1. Turn Key off and then to KL-R or KL-15." mean?

Old 01-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 M3 -w- Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikerider
I'm going to feel sooooo stupid after I ask this question but . . .

What does, "1. Turn Key off and then to KL-R or KL-15." mean?

Found it - sorry.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=17

Quote:
Hi, KL-R is ignition switch on RADIO position and KL-15 is ignition ON
(basicaly ignition switch has three positions 1st R,2nd ignition on and 3rd is start)