Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 01-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 M3 -w- Everything
< 200 miles to go

First, I have to admit that I miss the anticipation of the arrival of my new 330i. Sick, huh?

Second, I thought that once the car arrived, I'd be able to refocus my thoughts on the things I actually get paid to do. . . . . Nope.

Third, I put on over 1000 miles since I picked the car up last Tuesday evening. And I haven't even gone anywhere. Yesterday I parked my car within view of my office window. At 11:30am, I decided I needed to go somewhere for lunch. I used the NAV system to search for Latin American food within 25 miles and ended up at a very good Mexican restaurant in West Liberty, IA that I'd never heard of before. Not sure where I'm going to end up today but looking forward to the adventure.

And finally, only a few more unnecessary road trips left until I can see what this baby will do.

#750 (hope I get over this before someone notices me looking out the window, daydreaming)
Old 01-20-2005, 06:18 AM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikerider
..And I haven't even gone anywhere. Yesterday I parked my car within view of my office window.
I have a big window just across from my desk at work with a view over a lake and some woods, and, the parking lot. I had to stop parking my car where I could see it because I was looking out the window A LOT! I "only" have 725 miles, so still a way to go before I can stop watching the tach reach 4000, 4100, 4200....

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm

Last edited by markl53; 01-20-2005 at 06:21 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:14 AM
takes the long way home..

Mein Auto: 05' 330i ZHP
I find myself parking at the top level of my parking deck to admire the color and to keep an eye on her from my office.

I love the snow but I can't stand the dirty slush and salt all over the paint

I hit 1500 miles last week. She comes alive when the tach hits 4000. Passing power on the highway in 3rd is awesome. Pulling out of EZpass tolls becomes an event worthy of being broadcast on the Speed Channel

Old 01-20-2005, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizat63
I find myself parking at the top level of my parking deck to admire the color and to keep an eye on her from my office.

I love the snow but I can't stand the dirty slush and salt all over the paint

I hit 1500 miles last week. She comes alive when the tach hits 4000. Passing power on the highway in 3rd is awesome. Pulling out of EZpass tolls becomes an event worthy of being broadcast on the Speed Channel
So you didn't need to set up that camera at work like the woman in the BMW ad? As you know they're expecting more snow this weekend -- I don't have too much salt on mine yet from last night but I know it is coming...

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm
Old 01-20-2005, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markl53
So you didn't need to set up that camera at work like the woman in the BMW ad? As you know they're expecting more snow this weekend -- I don't have too much salt on mine yet from last night but I know it is coming...
Oh yeah, the woman who keeps going to the water cooler

I don't know if I should rinse the salt away but risk freezing up my driveway. Or take a brand new car to an auto carwash

Old 01-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Shakin' and Bakin'

Mein Auto: '05 325Ci
If you really love your new car, as I love mine, you'll get gallons of distilled water and pour them over the car to rinse free the evil road salts at the end of every day
Old 01-20-2005, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoofa
If you really love your new car, as I love mine, you'll get gallons of distilled water and pour them over the car to rinse free the evil road salts at the end of every day
You don't really do that, do you? Why don't you get the Mr. Clean AutoWash, it works pretty well.

I was thinking about connecting a kitchen sediment filter to my garden hose.

Old 01-20-2005, 09:31 PM
Shakin' and Bakin'

Mein Auto: '05 325Ci
I go cheap and buy the generic brand water Anyone remember the car commercial (I forget what brand) where there's a gorgeous woman washing the car with bottles and bottles of Evian? Cool stuff. Yeah, the real problem is it's so cold out that the hose needs to be bled every time you use it and the stuff practically freezes once it hits the car I take it to a self-serve wash and just spray it gently to rinse off the crud and the salt. Then, on the one warm day in weeks, call in sick and leap into car-wash action!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:42 PM

I try to wait for a day where the temp is at least 33 deg. . Then I put on ski gloves covered with plastic bags tied with rubber bands -- my wife thinks I'm crazy and hopes the neighbors don't see me. There is a great carwash not far from me called Flagship -- they use cloth strips which so far, have never scratched our cars on the rare occasion where I've got salt all over the car and the temps just stay below freezing. I hope I don't have to go there this winter, especially with my brand new car.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:25 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Mein Auto: is way too fast
Trikerider,

Aaahh you're killing me. I'm glad to hear how much you're enjoying your new car, but it's making my wait that much harder I know how you feel, I spend half my day at work checking out the 'fest, and reading BMW articles. My friends all think I'm nuts lol.

I did get to drive my friend's 323i auto yesterday. BAD idea, that's just making me want my car even more!

Make sure to post the second you're able to open her up and REALLLY enjoy your new beauty.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:26 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Mein Auto: is way too fast
PS Trike... dont forget to update your profile - Doesn't your ZHP deserve to replace your Jetta in your headlines?
Old 01-21-2005, 04:49 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 M3 -w- Everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjs4
PS Trike... dont forget to update your profile - Doesn't your ZHP deserve to replace your Jetta in your headlines?
Ooops. . . . and done. Danka.

Big storm coming our way today that's not supposed to be over until sometime late Saturday. Not very good driving, I'm afraid. (sigh)

Still have the Jetta, BTW. Very surprised as I've got 5 people looking at it and trying to decide. I expected to have sold it already. Maybe it's just the cold, crappy weather we've been having for the past 3 weeks.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikerider
...Still have the Jetta, BTW.[/URL] Very surprised as I've got 5 people looking at it and trying to decide. I expected to have sold it already. Maybe it's just the cold, crappy weather we've been having for the past 3 weeks.

Good luck selling it -- if you have 5 people deciding, one is sure to buy it. I thought I wouldn't have much trouble selling my '02 C240, but after placing ads in the Washington Post and online at 2 big websites I got nada. Ok, 1 call from a woman who really wasn't in the market for that type of car. I tried hawking it at a shopping center lot where lots of people show cars for sale -- again, nothing. It was a 6-speed but I was sure there'd be someone out there... I ended up selling to Carmax for not too bad a price actually. The car was pristine, like new, 30K miles.