Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-18-2005, 02:10 PM
vehigal vehigal is offline
.
Location: Canadia
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 121
Mein Auto: rwd
Here's another E90 road test (channel4)

http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-te...--driving.html

According to the reviewer, steering feedback is excellent. Hope it's true.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 01-18-2005, 02:17 PM
xspeedy's Avatar
xspeedy xspeedy is offline
mmm... carbs!
Location: Austin, TX
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,057
Mein Auto: 2007 E90 335i
Do we get run flats as standard in the US?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-18-2005, 05:48 PM
MMME30W's Avatar
MMME30W MMME30W is offline
Super Moderator
Location: On The Move
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 14,064
Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by vehigal
http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-te...--driving.html

According to the reviewer, steering feedback is excellent. Hope it's true.
Very strange the E90 got only 3 stars for "Image", and this from a UK source.
__________________
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by,and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.”

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-18-2005, 06:26 PM
pmoney pmoney is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: upstate ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan
Very strange the E90 got only 3 stars for "Image", and this from a UK source.
I think that 'image' applies to the general idea of who drives 3ers and what connotations they bring up in addition to how it looks. They make the comment of how if you saw someone driving an e46, they were probably a real estate salesman. Also the little caption on the picture talks about maybe the e90 will bring back the agressiveness of an original 3er, though I think that a late model ZHP makes this up pretty well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-18-2005, 06:35 PM
MMME30W's Avatar
MMME30W MMME30W is offline
Super Moderator
Location: On The Move
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 14,064
Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoney
I think that 'image' applies to the general idea of who drives 3ers and what connotations they bring up in addition to how it looks. They make the comment of how if you saw someone driving an e46, they were probably a real estate salesman. Also the little caption on the picture talks about maybe the e90 will bring back the agressiveness of an original 3er, though I think that a late model ZHP makes this up pretty well.
Ah, I see now having reread the article thanks.

Anyone who quotes Jeremy Clarkson is a bozo, IMHO. A 3er still says "up market" in the UK...
__________________
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by,and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.”

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-19-2005, 11:05 AM
adc adc is offline
BMW Fahrer
Location: DC-MD-VA
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 4,642
Mein Auto: E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingspan
Anyone who quotes Jeremy Clarkson is a bozo, IMHO.
Oh so true, he's an aggravating idiot. I stopped reading certain publications because of him...

adc
03 330 ZHP
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-19-2005, 03:01 PM
pmoney pmoney is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: upstate ny
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 146
Mein Auto: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc
Oh so true, he's an aggravating idiot. I stopped reading certain publications because of him...

adc
03 330 ZHP
So very true. I still remember the top gear episode where the only thing he didn't like on their test M3 was the SMG (because he didn't know how to drive it) and the Phoenix Yellow paint.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2005, 01:49 AM
andy_thomas andy_thomas is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: London
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,587
Mein Auto: 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmoney
So very true. I still remember the top gear episode where the only thing he didn't like on their test M3 was the SMG (because he didn't know how to drive it) and the Phoenix Yellow paint.
Yes, the chap who thinks that if an engine has lots of "torques" it goes faster, and directly correlates size of exhaust pipe diameter, to engine power, to accelerative ability. Which should please an awful lot of chavs out there .
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bentley E46 Repair Manual (Tips, tricks and general info) Thread LilEccentricJ General BMW 12 12-18-2010 03:28 PM
* M6 * - Press Release from BMW Emission E63 / E64 M6 (2006 - 2010) 6 03-06-2007 07:20 AM
E90 road test andy_thomas E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013) 1 01-24-2005 11:28 AM
On Board Computer Options Don Juan 3 Series / 4 Series 5 04-02-2002 05:29 PM
Jag X-type gets REAMED by edmunds. jastevenson General BMW 12 12-31-2001 09:21 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms