BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Tires and Wheels for 07 335i

Tags
tires wheels
947 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Biggiefl 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought this car about two months ago and there's barely any tread left on the tires. I need to buy new ones (probably go with either Michelin or Pirelli and then Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter). The problem is the car didn't come with an owner's manual and so I have no idea what the sizes and dimensions of wheels and tires are on this car. I've read through a bunch of search results here but nothing tells me where on the tire or wheel to look to see what's currently on there. Can anyone give me direction on how to figure this out?

Oh it's a coupe by the way, not a sedan

#3 ·
Look on the door jamb on the driver's side. The recommended/stock tire sizes will be listed there.

#4 ·
Another thought: You most likely have 'direct' type TPMS and they're about 7.5 years old now presuming they haven't been replaced.

Prior to tire replacement I would have their battery life checked with a TPMS diagnostic device at either a BMW dealership or Goodyear...or Firestone company store. A well-equipped BMW indy shop may also have this equipment.

#5 ·
The tires are not stock. They are Michelin Pilot Super Sports bought by the previous owner. So I looked at the sides of the tires and now I know I have:

Front: 225/40 ZR18
Rear: 255/35 ZR18

Now there are a few other things I need to know. I want to buy some BBS rims. I want to go up to 19s. I'm going to re-order the Michelins. How do I determine which rim width I will need? Then, as far as tires, I assume I stick with the 225/40, 255/35 measurements but get the ZR19? Or does increasing wheel diameter mean I'll need a different type of tire besides just going up to 19 inches?

#6 ·
Send an email to Gary or post a message at the Tirerack forum in the tire section of this forum. He can give you sizing for 19" rims. Make sure you get road hazard insurance for the tires and be prepared for damaged rims. I have already replaced two front tires and repaired one rim with the 18" front wheels for the sport suspension like we both seem to have. When you go up another wheel size, you will have even less sidewall to protect the rim when you hit a pothole.

#7 ·
You would drop down to 35 front and 30's on rear when going to 19's. You might want to reconsider being in NJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.