Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 01-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
Back from ED

Like so many on this forum I would like to thank Beewang and others for the info that helped make this trip go as well as it did. One thing I would like to say to future ED's is to get from your dealer a owners manual for the model car you are picking up so you can familiarize yourseslf with your car before you get to the pick up center in Munich. This is what transpired with my pick up so you know what I am talking about. After the introduction we signed all the necessary papers and then we were taken to the car. The rep opened the hood to show us the engine and checked the oil. He opened the trunk to show us the spare and said that all the tires were inflated to the correct pressure and told us what kind of gasoline to use. He then got in the car and inserted the nav disk and programed our next stop. He would not program anything else to put into the address book. He drove the car out of the garage and wished us luck and we were on our own. Thank God I read the manual that I got from the dealer before going over, otherwise I would not have know anything about the car. For first time BMW owners this could really be a hassle.
And to Beewang, without the disk we never would of survived. The nav system worked like a charm and we really were amazed by it. I do not think we could have gotten along without it even if we spoke fluent German and were excellent map readers (which we werent).
I cannot figure out how to get thumbnails up of our pictures from Germany but if you go to the following website (copy & paste to new url) I have posted some. http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...sword=14182683

Last edited by vern; 01-24-2005 at 08:17 AM.
Ads by Google
Old 01-24-2005, 08:42 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Welcome back Vern!! I am glad the disk worked for you!

cheers,

beewang
Old 01-24-2005, 08:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 545i ED w/ sport pkg
I believe you can access the owners manual on the BMWNA site. Reviewing the owners manaual before delivery is an excellent suggestion.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Have a world-class day

Mein Auto: 08 528i 6spd white ED3/08
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern
Like so many on this forum I would like to thank Beewang and others for the info that helped make this trip go as well as it did. One thing I would like to say to future ED's is to get from your dealer a owners manual for the model car you are picking up so you can familiarize yourseslf with your car before you get to the pick up center in Munich. This is what transpired with my pick up so you know what I am talking about. After the introduction we signed all the necessary papers and then we were taken to the car. The rep opened the hood to show us the engine and checked the oil. He opened the trunk to show us the spare and said that all the tires were inflated to the correct pressure and told us what kind of gasoline to use. He then got in the car and inserted the nav disk and programed our next stop. He would not program anything else to put into the address book. He drove the car out of the garage and wished us luck and we were on our own. Thank God I read the manual that I got from the dealer before going over, otherwise I would not have know anything about the car. For first time BMW owners this could really be a hassle.
And to Beewang, without the disk we never would of survived. The nav system worked like a charm and we really were amazed by it. I do not think we could have gotten along without it even if we spoke fluent German and were excellent map readers (which we werent).
I cannot figure out how to get thumbnails up of our pictures from Germany but if you go to the following website (copy & paste to new url) I have posted some. http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...sword=14182683
Great pictures Vern. Sweet car. I could not make out the color with the light. It seemed to change. Is that the titanium silver or silver gray.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ght=march+24th
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ght=march+24th
ED 3/19/08
528I 08 6spd white/beige interior
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272222
Old 01-24-2005, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamilrx
Great pictures Vern. Sweet car. I could not make out the color with the light. It seemed to change. Is that the titanium silver or silver gray.
Thanks.Titanium Gray
vern
Old 01-26-2005, 10:52 AM

Mein Auto: Viper M6 Mark LT Spc RSR
I tried to find the owners manual for a 645 Ci on the BMW website but can't seem to locate it. Any suggestions on where to find it?
Old 01-26-2005, 11:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillKach
Mein Auto: 2011 M3 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT Viper
I tried to find the owners manual for a 645 Ci on the BMW website but can't seem to locate it. Any suggestions on where to find it?

BWM Owners Circle... once you register your car you will have access to download the manual.
2004 545i TiAg/Black/Anthracite, Step, SP (ED 11/03, sold 4/05)
2001 330Cic Steel Blue/Black, retired
1998 Z3 2.8 Montreal Blue/Black, retired
Old 01-26-2005, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT Viper
You will probably be better off getting one from your dealer,if your salesman is any good he'll take care of you.My salesman gave me a manual(525i 530i 545i) and also CD-ROM DVD and a CD-ROM for the 6 series to explain a little bit about the NAV.Good luck
vern
Old 01-27-2005, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDogs
Vern, did you order through JMK???
Yes Probably one of the best dealers around for sales and service.I've been using them for about 4 years now without any complaints,body shop included.
vern
Old 01-27-2005, 05:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i M-Sport EB
Congrats on your car and enjoying doing ED.

I also stayed at the Uhland Hotel. Did not enjoy trying to get the car back to the parking area through the tight space between the building and the fence. I was afraid I was going scrape the side of my new baby.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDV330i
Congrats on your car and enjoying doing ED.

I also stayed at the Uhland Hotel. Did not enjoy trying to get the car back to the parking area through the tight space between the building and the fence. I was afraid I was going scrape the side of my new baby.
Had the same problem.Good thing my wife helped guide me in, it was realyyyy tight.We enjoyed staying there, the room was a little bit small but very nice and clean and you didn't have to travel far if you wanted to use the bus or uban,
.Thanks for the thums up
vern
Old 01-27-2005, 09:35 AM
Spartacus_33

Mein Auto: 2008 Black Jeep Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by vern
Vern,

Nice photos....... I see some snow in those pics. What was your route? How were the roads? How did the car perform?
2012 Audi Q5 3.2
2005 Jet Black/Black 545i - Retired
1999 Jet Black/Black 528i - Retired
1996 Jet Black/Black 328i - Retired
Old 01-27-2005, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus_33
Vern,

Nice photos....... I see some snow in those pics. What was your route? How were the roads? How did the car perform?
Thanks The roads were fine, we stayed on all the major highways,the snow was about 15 minutes outside of Salzburg at the Salt Mine.The car preformed great and the Nav with the voice comand was fantastic.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougDogs
I know you have always liked them. I'm thinking about doing ED. Looks like I am going to be hired by a company who's headquarters are in-between Stuttgart and Munich, so I will be making some trips to that part of Germany.

My dealer was recently purchased by Ryan auto group, and I don't like the direction their people have headed
I purchased my first 2 BMW's from the Ryan Group,(Open Road BMW)and got out of there in a hurry.Went with JMK and I'm totaly satisfied.If your intrested I'll hook you up with the salesman I used.He did a great job with the ED and gave me a good price on the car.
vern

Last edited by vern; 01-27-2005 at 11:09 AM.