Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-02-2005, 03:50 AM
Achtun*, Spitfire!

Mein Auto: '93 E30 318is Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABS
CPO cars are a rip off. The dealer jacks the price up and the buyer gets very little protection if something goes worng.

There have been many horror stories in this board about dealers refusing to fix a CPO car because so liitle of the problems are actually covered.

All cars, like houses have some one out there who think it's perfect....just have patience.
I looked at the CPO info on the Owner's Circle yesterday. The "what's covered" screen includes "steering" and "rear suspension"...the "what's not" screen says "all suspenson components".

If they were honest, they'd just call it a rust and powertrain warranty.

At least it's transferable.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:34 AM
BMW + twisty road = fun

Mein Auto: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by norihaga
I looked at the CPO info on the Owner's Circle yesterday. The "what's covered" screen includes "steering" and "rear suspension"...the "what's not" screen says "all suspenson components".

If they were honest, they'd just call it a rust and powertrain warranty.

At least it's transferable.

There many more expensive to repair parts on a BMW than just "suspenson components".
Old 02-02-2005, 06:48 AM
I know a thing or two...

Mein Auto: '11 BMW 335xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABS
CPO cars are a rip off. The dealer jacks the price up and the buyer gets very little protection if something goes worng.

There have been many horror stories in this board about dealers refusing to fix a CPO car because so liitle of the problems are actually covered.

All cars, like houses have some one out there who think it's perfect....just have patience.
The list of things that are not covered is much smaller than the list of covered items. Plus, nearly all of your "major" expensive items are covered-- engine, transmission, body electrical components, etc. It's obvious that wearable items aren't going to be covered on a car as it nears 100k miles-- that would just make the plan outrageously expensive.

There are only a few things that are excluded that I really think should be included-- they include what BMW calls "accessories", but we know as Radios and Navigation systems. Otherwise, I agree with the items that BMW excludes.