Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 01-07-2002, 12:19 PM
pimpee

Send a message via AIM to LilEccentricJ
Mein Auto: 2004 GMC Duramax Diesel
3ers, The "Class post your sig" thread has made way for an idea!

And this would work for all the boards, 3, 5, Z, etc....

What if we were able to get Clem/John to make a top/unmovable thread for us all to post our signatures and thoughts (only 1 post per person) in? ... kinda like a personal space for writing whatever we wanted and able to edit our space whenever we wanted to. It would also give a place for a new person to load into cache all the sig files, meet each one of us and then to post their sig/thoughts so we could also get to know them.

Thoughts, ideas, revisions anyone?

New Sig SOON!!! Just need to find time to make an 11 MB flashing sig file for my new truck
Does anyone rememeber my BMW?

Last edited by LilEccentricJ; 01-07-2002 at 01:21 PM.
Advertisement
Old 01-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 540-6spd 10/02 build
Don't we already basically have this with the user profile?
Old 01-07-2002, 01:41 PM
pimpee

Send a message via AIM to LilEccentricJ
Mein Auto: 2004 GMC Duramax Diesel
Quote:
Originally posted by Chipster
Don't we already basically have this with the user profile?
Yes and no... we have the profile but it doesn't show our signature, nor do we have space to wite things like personal links, favorites, small pics, etc.

Also, if there was 1 thread that listed all of our signatures a new user could load into cache the images and thereby making future post reading quicker.

Dunno, there are pros and cons, it was just an idea and I would like to hear others views on it. Thanks for responding and I do see your point of view.

Any others? I mean if it is a bad idea we'll just forget the idea but I'm not the first here to have an idea and won't be the last.

New Sig SOON!!! Just need to find time to make an 11 MB flashing sig file for my new truck
Does anyone rememeber my BMW?
Old 01-08-2002, 02:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW 330ci
in addition to that, a FAQ section can be added with the most commonly asked questions. the FAQ can also have links to the standard polls, which would be ongoing.

we can link it to the existing threads that ask the common questions and have all the replies already there so a new person won't have to repeat the question. he/she can just read all the feedback from before.

polls that will be in this ongoing FAQ would be on topics such leather vs 'ette, best wax, favorite color combo, etc...

so a person who is having a hard time deciding between leather and leatherette can just click on the specific poll under the FAQ section and see the current vote and all comments related to the topic.