Tires for lease turn in - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions

General BMW Questions
Use this forum to ask general question about the BMW ownership and keep up on the latest BMW news. Direct all model specific questions to model specific forums below.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:05 PM

Mein Auto: 428i coupe
Tires for lease turn in

Hey guys,

So I'm turning in my 428i lease in 2 months or so and am bummed out that none of my tires will pass. Instead of buying new tires and waste $1200, my solution was to buy used tires (of course BMW star rated, same rating/speed, etc), but they would all have had repair/patch work done. Since BMW and the tire manufacturer (continental) does not recommend patching them, do you think there would be an issue when turning the car in?

Anybody experience similar situations and what was the outcome? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Look for used tires... try bestusedtires or some site like that. If the patch work is detectable, it wont pass. Given your other post (about missing the maintenance) and this one, I would bet there is some other damage beside tires to your car as well... because it does not sound like you "cared" for it very much.

Look at my other post in your other thread, and read your contract (the sections I specified) to see what is allowed or not. You can certainly put on used tires as long as they meet the specs, speed rating and are the same type of tires that came on your car (run flat or non runflat.. .yours likely came with run flats).

you are running the "risk" of them sending you a bill a few weeks after the fact for "excessive" damage unless you get a pre turn in inspection and have them point out everything that they are going to charge you for. If you already did that, and its just the tires (and possibly the maintenance) then at least you know.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341

Last edited by jjrandorin; 12-04-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: 428i coupe
Jj whatever your name is... I’ll give you props for being one of the few to answer my questions, but to think you can assess someone’s level of “care” based on missing a maintenance and asking about tires on a lease is quite condescending, immature and definitely a poor judgement of character on your part. You seem like a helpful person (obviously by answering my questions), but other than that, you might wanna think about working on other parts of your character.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2017, 09:08 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 435 Grand Coupe MSport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadis8 View Post
Jj whatever your name is... I'll give you props for being one of the few to answer my questions, but to think you can assess someone's level of "care" based on missing a maintenance and asking about tires on a lease is quite condescending, immature and definitely a poor judgement of character on your part. You seem like a helpful person (obviously by answering my questions), but other than that, you might wanna think about working on other parts of your character.

Lol.. ok...

What do you call 3000 miles before you take the car for free maintenance, or trying to put patched tires on the car then? You call that taking care of the car? You are right about one thing.. I do generally like helping people with information, and without "blowing smoke". You are right, I could be wrong, I havent met you. I havent seen your car.

I just know you said " I missed maintenance by 3000 miles", without any explanation, and now are talking about tires, which means you are driving on tires that need replacement (which is actually pretty normal for lease return). Its the maintenance part that looks like you are not taking care of the car.

Anyway, good luck with it. I wont bore you with my opinions or information.
2016 435 Grand Coupe Estoril Blue MSport |Hex. EB Trim-Blk. Dakota | MSoort | Technology | Drivers Asst. | Drivers Assist+|Lighting |Track Pack W/ 442 Wheels |Heated Frnt Seats | Smartphone Integration | HK Stereo (His)

2016 X5 XDrive35d Space Grey |Blk Dakota W/ Fineline Oak | MSport | Lighting Pack | Premium Pack | Drivers Assist | Drivers Assist + | ACC W Stop N Go | 20" Wheels| Smartphone Integration | Multi Contour Seats | HK Stereo (hers)

BMW CCA #477341

Last edited by jjrandorin; 12-05-2017 at 08:01 AM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW Questions
Today's Posts Search