Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > 5 Series DIY

5 Series DIY
Knowledge Is Power! ~ The place for do-it-yourself threads on a variety of topics. Start a thread describing a particular job (oil change, cooling system overhaul, brakes, shocks and springs, etc.) or search for one you need help with!

Old 02-11-2005, 05:17 PM
iDriveguy

Send a message via Yahoo to iDriveguy
Mein Auto: 2 E60's, 1 VW TDI, 1 MINI
Arrow BLUETOOTH - 2005 (i.e 9/04 build or >)

Cheers all,

Just thout I'd post this since I have done so on so many other forums.

The below only applies to E60 model year 2005 with a production date of 9/04 or newer.
Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Cheers for now! ;-)

PHONE COMPATIBILITY:
In the never ending story of Bluetooth compatibility for the new E60
I thought I'd share the below. Note: This is AFTER I purchased (then returned) a Nokia 6230.

- My Car = 2005 E60 w/build date of 9/04
- Told by dealer prod. date was too early to have Bluetooth
- Dealer WRONG = all 2005 E60 from 9/04 are Bluetooth enabled
- No additional software "update" required
- Nokia 6230 = paired but BMW acted only as a giant "speaker phone"
- 6230 = not integrated w/iDrive screen or steering wheel buttons
- Sony Ericsson T637 = FULLY compatible
- Paired in less than 30 seconds
- Integrated w/iDrive, steering wheel, stereo, mute, etc. FULLY
- No need to take to dealer for pairing or assistance
- Total cost = $109 for T637 w/ $70 rebate. Total exp. after = $39
- ZERO extra cost to have dealer "pair" phone w/car

I did have to switch from Verizon to Cingular (frankly I don't care since you can "port" numbers now). Cingular/AT&T = only provider offering Sony Ericsson T610, T616, T630 & T637 - all of which are listed by BMW as being "compatible". The only down side = had to sign a 2yr contract w/Cingular.

PHONE CRADLE/CHARGER:
This IS the definitive word - don't let your dealers/parts guy tell you different. The below parts are not only required to fit your (Sony Ericsson) phone into the E60, they also fit PERFECTLY and can be installed in LESS than 60min. (possible less than 30min by a "pro")

BMW parts needed for Sony Ericsson phone:
- Adapter: part #84210304298 = $140
- Eject Box: part #84216946075 = $120
- Support: part #51167060175 = $20

Note: Above prices include 10% BMWCCA discount

These three parts together REPLACE the "coin tray" inside the center arm rest of the E60. The parts (snapped together as one unit) allow the driver to secure a Sony Ericsson phone and have it charge while in the car and utilize the vehicles phone antenna.

A HUGE thanks to mrbelk for his descriptive install instructions & pictures. Note: mrbelks pix & instructions outline install for CPT 9000 phone - it is EXACTLY the same for Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phones.

Another big cheers to "Gary" of Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose, CA - Gary did all the leg work, obtained the parts and did so WITHOUT making me pay for them first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 Alpine-Sapphire boot.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	44473  
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Big Pete

Mein Auto: 2005 545i SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveguy
Cheers all,

Just thout I'd post this since I have done so on so many other forums.

The below only applies to E60 model year 2005 with a production date of 9/04 or newer.
Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.

Cheers for now! ;-)

PHONE COMPATIBILITY:
In the never ending story of Bluetooth compatibility for the new E60
I thought I'd share the below. Note: This is AFTER I purchased (then returned) a Nokia 6230.

- My Car = 2005 E60 w/build date of 9/04
- Told by dealer prod. date was too early to have Bluetooth
- Dealer WRONG = all 2005 E60 from 9/04 are Bluetooth enabled
- No additional software "update" required
- Nokia 6230 = paired but BMW acted only as a giant "speaker phone"
- 6230 = not integrated w/iDrive screen or steering wheel buttons
- Sony Ericsson T637 = FULLY compatible
- Paired in less than 30 seconds
- Integrated w/iDrive, steering wheel, stereo, mute, etc. FULLY
- No need to take to dealer for pairing or assistance
- Total cost = $109 for T637 w/ $70 rebate. Total exp. after = $39
- ZERO extra cost to have dealer "pair" phone w/car

I did have to switch from Verizon to Cingular (frankly I don't care since you can "port" numbers now). Cingular/AT&T = only provider offering Sony Ericsson T610, T616, T630 & T637 - all of which are listed by BMW as being "compatible". The only down side = had to sign a 2yr contract w/Cingular.

PHONE CRADLE/CHARGER:
This IS the definitive word - don't let your dealers/parts guy tell you different. The below parts are not only required to fit your (Sony Ericsson) phone into the E60, they also fit PERFECTLY and can be installed in LESS than 60min. (possible less than 30min by a "pro")

BMW parts needed for Sony Ericsson phone:
- Adapter: part #84210304298 = $140
- Eject Box: part #84216946075 = $120
- Support: part #51167060175 = $20

Note: Above prices include 10% BMWCCA discount

These three parts together REPLACE the "coin tray" inside the center arm rest of the E60. The parts (snapped together as one unit) allow the driver to secure a Sony Ericsson phone and have it charge while in the car and utilize the vehicles phone antenna.

A HUGE thanks to mrbelk for his descriptive install instructions & pictures. Note: mrbelks pix & instructions outline install for CPT 9000 phone - it is EXACTLY the same for Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phones.

Another big cheers to "Gary" of Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose, CA - Gary did all the leg work, obtained the parts and did so WITHOUT making me pay for them first.

Glad to hear that your SE / BT setup is working! Any idea if Mrbelks has a parts list and install instructions for a Moto V600?? Thanks