Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 02-12-2005, 08:40 PM
ELmO

Send a message via AIM to elmalloc Send a message via MSN to elmalloc Send a message via Yahoo to elmalloc
Mein Auto: 05 330 CIC
Pic Request: Titanium Silver convertible with Natural brown seats

Hello all,

As you may know from my other thread, I am looking at a jet black/black interior 330 CIC. I like the look of alpine white with natural brown interior also.

Does anyone happen to have titanium silver w/ brown interior?

Thanks,
ELmO
Ads by Google
Old 02-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
Stick with triple black!!

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)
Old 02-12-2005, 09:41 PM
ELmO

Send a message via AIM to elmalloc Send a message via MSN to elmalloc Send a message via Yahoo to elmalloc
Don't know if I want to wash that thing every week, I really don't/won't have time for that I think. I would have to find someone who coudl wash it *correctly* for cheap in order for me to consider it.

I'm taking graduate schol courses and working full time, so I don't know if I will have a few hours on the weekend every week to wash it or not....

-ELmO
Old 02-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Mein Auto: is way too fast
Hey, While I can't find any TiAg exteriors with NB interior, I am able to find some great pics of a Silver-Gray convertible with Nat Brown. I think it's a stellar combo (except it has wood trim - which you may/may not like).

http://www.pbase.com/bbkat/image/24332337
http://www.pbase.com/bbkat/image/24332352
http://www.pbase.com/bbkat/image/24332370
http://www.pbase.com/bbkat/image/24332251

Like I said, this is a GREAT color combo - enjoy
Old 02-13-2005, 07:05 AM
ELmO

Thanks.

These look good. I am really looking for titanium with brown. The first thing that had me researching bmw convertibles is when I saw an M convertible on the road. It was silver with cinnamon, and it looked striking.

-ELmO
Old 02-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Grinning from ear to ear

Hi Elmo,
Yeah I agree that sounds like a great color combo. TiAg is a nice exterior color, and I can't see why it wouldn't look great with Natural Brown. My only problem with TiAg is that it's a little pale looking, which is why I opted for Silver Gray. But Natural Brown is a must for the interior. The two tone look will make your Bimmer stand out from the rest (ie two tones are only available on M3's otherwise). I've shown those pics of that convertible to people at work, and everyone's jaws just drop.

Let me know if you find any good pics of your color combo. Thx
Old 02-13-2005, 10:07 AM
ELmO

Very confusing of course, I'm leaning 80% towards black/black because whenever I close my eyes I can see how it looks when it's waxed and taken care of. I haven't seen white/natural brown convertible, but I have seen a sedan and coupe - and it looks very beautiful. The Black has a different type of beauty...

-ELmo
Old 02-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Padawan

ELmO: Just a quick queston... are you a Libra?

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)
Old 02-13-2005, 11:16 AM
ELmO

pisces.
i was lining this car up fo rmy birthday but i delayed a little long deciding on what i wanted. I'm still delaying on what color. I still think I'm going for black/black though.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:34 PM
Padawan

I was just wondering; my sister always used to tell me that I could never make up my mind about anything because I'm a Libra.

--J.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:40 PM
ELmO

I've been researching this car for about 5 months now. Roadfly members are pissed off at me. They say I'm a "waste of bandwidth and enthusiast's energy". Nerds.......I will appreciate this more than they do.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '98 323is/'70 TR6 PI
Again, just an opinion, but the black on black, or even black with natural brown is gonna be much nicer. Some would argue that silver with natural brown is a major color clash, although I'm sure some would disagree. Personally, I think that shades of silver and brown are not good. You can't go wrong with black/black.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:42 PM
ELmO

I went driving down the dealership (sunday no dealers, all customres running around, even though it's ice raining/snowing right now). All cars were cleaned..black was amazing. White looked clean, but it's clear I like black better when it's clean.

Does anyone think I'm weird for preferring the stock sports package 17" rims over the 18" upgrade they have?

The upgrade bolt pattern looks dumb to me (like 20 bolts in a circle)...I like larger rims though.

-ELmO
Old 02-13-2005, 03:26 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H
Again, just an opinion, but the black on black, or even black with natural brown is gonna be much nicer. Some would argue that silver with natural brown is a major color clash, although I'm sure some would disagree. Personally, I think that shades of silver and brown are not good. You can't go wrong with black/black.
I'm going to preface this with the usual *IMHO*... but the stone-cold pimp in me judges that black/black is completely played, and in the eyes of females (put faith in the fact that I know women) indicates a lack of style. This grey/NB combo is *FAR* sexier, which is really what we're talking about here. I guarantee that any one of us could pull more ass in this car than (almost) anything in black/black (Aston Martins and old school Mustangs excluded). I will agree that black cars look best when cleaned/waxed, but how often do we really wax our cars? Once every 3 months at most? I don't know, something about the two-tone interior just feels right. Again, just IMHO...
Old 02-13-2005, 04:02 PM
Proud S ponsor

Mein Auto: Z4 M Cpe, Miata, X6 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by drallafi
I'm going to preface this with the usual *IMHO*... but the stone-cold pimp in me judges that black/black is completely played, and in the eyes of females (put faith in the fact that I know women) indicates a lack of style. This grey/NB combo is *FAR* sexier, which is really what we're talking about here. I guarantee that any one of us could pull more ass in this car than (almost) anything in black/black (Aston Martins and old school Mustangs excluded). I will agree that black cars look best when cleaned/waxed, but how often do we really wax our cars? Once every 3 months at most? I don't know, something about the two-tone interior just feels right. Again, just IMHO...
Thank you, Leon Phelps.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330ci ZHP, 1998 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by philippek
Thank you, Leon Phelps.

That's great!!! I do agree with drallafi's point, though.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drallafi
Hey I'm not saying black on black is best...I'm saying that I think that grey/silver with brown/beige looks terrible. Yes, totally my opinion, but it's just a bad combo.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim H
Hey I'm not saying black on black is best...I'm saying that I think that grey/silver with brown/beige looks terrible. Yes, totally my opinion, but it's just a bad combo.
Man, I've seen so many pics of silvers and grays withNB interior, especially in convertibles, and it always looks good. Do a search on this board there are so many to choose from. Black with NB also looks really nice. But, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanjs4
Man, I've seen so many pics of silvers and grays withNB interior, especially in convertibles, and it always looks good. Do a search on this board there are so many to choose from. Black with NB also looks really nice. But, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.
Yeah, it's one of the nice things about cars. You can personalize it so it's right for you.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Padawan

First, I think any shade of silver over black is a wise decision from a maintenance point of view; it will be much easier to keep silver looking nice. No comment on the natural leather (obviously I prefer black).

But as for this question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc
Does anyone think I'm weird for preferring the stock sports package 17" rims over the 18" upgrade they have?

The upgrade bolt pattern looks dumb to me (like 20 bolts in a circle)...I like larger rims though.

-ELmO
Yes, I think you are nuts not to go with those awesome 18" 71's!! Especially on a silver convertible, they would look fantastic! Ok, maybe I'm slightly biased.

As for the crazy "bolt pattern," I assume you mean the series of bolts that line the outer edge of the rim ("bolt pattern" usually refers to lug bolts in the center). I think they are one of the features that make this style rim so hot. Plus the fact that they aren't just glued on for added "bling," style 71 wheels are true modular two piece rims so the bolts are actually functional. They hold the wheels together! (the aftermarket knock-offs of the style 71's do have fake bolts)

Style 71's are some of the best looking rims BMW has offered in a long time. Only available on the 330 (not 325), and only on coupes/cabrios.

--J.

Last edited by JonathanIT; 02-13-2005 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:05 PM

Mein Auto: Soon to be 330 Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I was just wondering; my sister always used to tell me that I could never make up my mind about anything because I'm a Libra.

--J.
I'm quite guilty of that with my new baby...drove my family nuts driving through dealers' lots trying to see every angle and every way the sunlight hits the car trying to find the "perfect color". I ended up ordering one color and changing it twice. And of course the final color was the first color I started with (Black/NB).

I too, am a Libra and suffer from indecision.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Grinning from ear to ear

Hahaha I'm a gemini, but I suffer from terrible indecision too. You should have seen the look on my dealer's face when I came with my camera and took pics of like 5 cars from every different angle. Plus I had to ask questions about every option, and even some options that weren't available. I figure that just makes us smarter shoppers (if not more confused shoppers).
Old 02-13-2005, 10:46 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 325i ZSP
My first (and current) BMW happened to be my first black car as well. NEVER AGAIN. I am wayyyyyyyyy to picky about details, and so it is IMPOSSIBLE to keep it clean. I hand wash the sucker almost twice a day during the summer. The black gets dirty (it attracts dirt like a Swiffer Duster), and shows swirl marks easily.

Yes, when clean the car looks better than any other color. But I just can't spend 92% of my life cleaning it...

My friend has a silver Audi and it always looks clean

And regarding a Silver/NB combo.... eck. When you have silver, the only two good looking interiors are Black or Red.

A greyer color, however, does look good with NB inside.

Bottom line, only get black if you are not picky on details and are willing to put in a lot of effort in cleaning AND don't get NB inside with Silver on the out...
Old 02-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Padawan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterRain
I'm quite guilty of that with my new baby...drove my family nuts driving through dealers' lots trying to see every angle and every way the sunlight hits the car trying to find the "perfect color". I ended up ordering one color and changing it twice. And of course the final color was the first color I started with (Black/NB).

I too, am a Libra and suffer from indecision.
It's funny, I'm indecisive about a lot of stuff... but when it came to my BMW, there was no competition, no questions, no ifs, ands, or buts.... it was love at first sight! The very first time I laid eyes on my precious 330cic: Silver Grey Metallic, black leather, style 71's... it was like being hit with a bolt of lightning! I knew in an instant it was "the one" ... I had to have that car! It was probably the easiest sale my CA ever had.

Ever since I've been treating it like Gollum with that damn ring.

--J.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:13 AM

Mein Auto: 330CIC
Sent you a pm