Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 08-04-2005, 03:23 AM

Mein Auto: X
Sony HCB-300 Bluetooth Install Qs

I'm thinking about installing a Sony Eicsson HCB-300 Bluetooth Car Kit in an '04 X3, and looking to put voice calls through the speakers. I am wondering if the kit and the additional HCE-16 Advanced Music Mute wiring will be compatible with the very non-standard looking BMW head unit.

Also, the back of BMW audio gear doesn't look hugely accessible. Any ideas?

Has anyone done such an install with Sony Ericsson bluetooth car kit, or an alternative product with success into any late model BMW with success ?
Advertisement
Old 11-16-2005, 06:48 AM

Mein Auto: X
Bump.....anyone tried this yet?
Old 11-16-2005, 08:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 E91 xiT
All the AMM kit does is piss you off.

It plugs into old VWs... and MAYBE current Fiats, Renaults, Citroens, and SEATs.

The one I bought had all black wires too. I guess you can use VW radio and car side radio harnesses to get wires with colors on them.

I personally suggest for a DIY guy a Parrot CK3100 or CK3000, my wiring diagram, and a standalone speaker. The rear-mounted amp makes speaker interfacing problematic.