Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Everything Else > Off-Topic

Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime safe" and in good taste. No personal attacks allowed. Political posting is restricted to the Political Science forum!

Old 02-17-2005, 11:14 AM
~~~~~~~~~~

Send a message via AIM to LeucX3
Mein Auto: 06 VW Jetta GLI
Do people leave your door open?

Okay, i like to keep my office door closed while i'm at work so that i can avoid all the noise in neighboring offices. There's a full length glass panel so it's not like i'm hiding.

I really, really hate it when people come in to my office and then leave the door open when they leave. Don't they realize that if my door was closed to begin with that i want it that way when they leave?

All i'm saying is that if you enter an office with a closed door, then close it on your way out. If it's open, then leave it open. Halfway, then halfway. Or at least ask if you want the door open or closed. Geez...
Old 02-17-2005, 11:16 AM
~~~~~~~~~~

Send a message via AIM to LeucX3
Mein Auto: 06 VW Jetta GLI
Happy?
Old 02-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Brilliant!

Mein Auto: 2001 325xi StahlcGrau
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeucX3
Okay, i like to keep my office door closed while i'm at work so that i can avoid all the noise in neighboring offices. There's a full length glass panel so it's not like i'm hiding.

I really, really hate it when people come in to my office and then leave the door open when they leave. Don't they realize that if my door was closed to begin with that i want it that way when they leave?

All i'm saying is that if you enter an office with a closed door, then close it on your way out. If it's open, then leave it open. Halfway, then halfway. Or at least ask if you want the door open or closed. Geez...
I don't know the right answer but my dishwasher takes a really long time to run.

"It's a very sobering feeling to be up in space and realize that one's safety factor was determined by the lowest bidder on a government contract."
-- Alan Shepard
Old 02-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Broom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike 325xi
I don't know the right answer but my dishwasher takes a really long time to run.

Its all the utensils off of amazon.com while you were Googling the google and buying those expensive slippers ... D'UH!!!!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 02-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto:
Office door at home, yes. But even our managers do not have office doors here at work.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Adolescent On-Call

Mein Auto: 330i
I've got the opposite problem - people close my door when they leave, even though it's open when they enter! I realize I'm hella anti-social and all that, but...
Old 02-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: Powered by Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeucX3

Another reason to lock your door. (NWS!!!)

http://www.m90.org/gallery/video/lockyourdoor.wmv
Old 02-17-2005, 11:37 AM
OMGWTFBBQ

Mein Auto:
Whether they leave it open or closed doesn't really bug me. It's the people that open the door without knocking first that tick me off.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:19 PM
call me darkcloud

Send a message via ICQ to Jever Send a message via AIM to Jever Send a message via MSN to Jever Send a message via Yahoo to Jever
Mein Auto: .
I keep my barn door open all the time.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder
Old 02-17-2005, 03:18 PM
Living on the redline

Mein Auto: a BMW killer
:repost:

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why it's called the present

Old 02-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by machmeter
I've got the opposite problem - people close my door when they leave, even though it's open when they enter! I realize I'm hella anti-social and all that, but...
Maybe its the smell that gets to them.

Either that, or you're just too loud. When we had our building addition built, they added extra sound proofing (in the walls and rubber gasket for the door) for one guy's office, as he talked so loud on the phone. Of course, he never closed his door, so a lot of good that did.
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................
Old 02-18-2005, 01:48 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Some people don't even have a door

*alex looks at alee*