Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > European Delivery

European Delivery
The place to share your experiences and tips related to "ED"... View the ED Wiki -- View the Pick-Up Date Calendar -- Add Your Pick-Up Date to the Calendar

Old 02-19-2005, 09:00 PM

Mein Auto: prelude
5 series best ED price?

What is the best price anyone here has gotten on a 525i or 530i ED? I'm a newbie on ED, but from reading the posts on here, its possible to work from the ED wholesale price instead of the BMW ED published price.

So this is the package I'm interested in:

ED wholesale on 525i 34,955
Cold Weather pck 685
Premium 1820
Xenon 730

Total 38,190

Is a $1000-$1500 dealer profit reasonable? What type of ED deals have people gotten on the 5 series?

thanks!
Ads by Google
Old 02-19-2005, 09:35 PM
E38 E91 (R56 E30 E39)

Mein Auto: The E38
My ED trip was back in 2002, so I can't accurately answer the price question... but, PM me if you have not found a good, fair, salesperson here in the area. I was very happy with mine!

Passed on to new families:
E30 1987 325i Royal Blue
E39 2003 540i/6 Sterling Gray
R56 2010 Mini Cooper S British Racing Green

Old 02-19-2005, 10:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 ED 5er
Don't forget to add destination fee

Invoice also includes destination fee of $695

So you need to negotiate from $38,885
Old 02-20-2005, 07:57 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Fellas, if you want to discuss the pricing based on facts, circumstance and location along with amount over, please do so in PM or email. Public discussion of what one got over invoice is misleading and not fair to fair to dealers (especially our sponsors).

Thanks fellas.

beewang
Old 02-23-2005, 12:28 AM
CJTH

Mein Auto: 1987 528e
pricing

I sort of disagree with beewang. There is nothing proprietary or confidential about the deal i struck for my car -- on the other hand, i've seen wholesale price sheets posted on this website, for which there's a much better argument that it shouldn't be revealed here, at least by someone who received it in confidence or in the course of their employment. no one seems to be complaining about that.

be that as it may, i'm not interested in rocking the boat. so let me put it this way. are you a costco member? if so, they have a automobile pricing program, that is in most instances, with most makes, a set price over invoice. I've bought a BMW 545 for myself, and helped buy an Audi A4 for a family member, on their program. (i was able to get the same deal a month ago on a ED basis for my 545. don't know if all dealers will do that.) in both cases i thought the pricing was fair, and let me seal the deal in a few phone calls and faxes. if you're looking for a new car, and your time is valuable, give it a try. it's worth the 50 dollar or so member fee if you're not already one.

you might be able to get a better deal, if you grind hard, but is it worth it? I actually got a better quote from a dealer who had tried to screw me with a story about how European Delivery means you're paying BMW in Germany, so the price is non-negotiable since the dealer makes no money on the car. i knew it was bull****. When I told him, ok, i'll just have to buy it at this other dealer that seems to have a different arrangement (i was being polite) all of a sudden a really aggressive quote materialized out of thin air. I told him I chose to spend a little more at the dealer that was honest with me.

I don't think anything I've put in this message is unfair to anybody, and i've named no names. but if you want specifics, PM me.

in any event, best of luck.