Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)

X5 E53 (1999 - 2006)
The X5 SAV Forum

Old 02-20-2005, 08:55 PM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Send a message via AIM to dsheli
Mein Auto: GulfStream G450
Who want's too see my House????

Lol. We are renovating our house and are not currently living in it. We where having some trouble with crime in the area so I set up this camera out side. It is a Pelco Spectra High Speed dome. It is recording in time-lapse all the time. When someone enters the yard between 9pm and 7 am it will pan-tilt to the location they entered, the DVR will go into full frame recording and send me a text message. I think it is pretty cool.

Anyway my site is:
http://hanover.dsindustries.com

Just click log-in. Yes I know you have to install the Active-X to view the camera. It is safe. You can take my word for it.
David

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Ads by Google
Old 02-21-2005, 12:51 AM

Mein Auto: 4.6IS, 2500HD, CAT 330BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheli
Lol. We are renovating our house and are not currently living in it. We where having some trouble with crime in the area so I set up this camera out side. It is a Pelco Spectra High Speed dome. It is recording in time-lapse all the time. When someone enters the yard between 9pm and 7 am it will pan-tilt to the location they entered, the DVR will go into full frame recording and send me a text message. I think it is pretty cool.

Anyway my site is:

Just click log-in. Yes I know you have to install the Active-X to view the camera. It is safe. You can take my word for it.
David
link doesnt work
Old 02-21-2005, 02:08 AM

Mein Auto: 05 M3 Coupe/SMG/SG
pretty cool!
watched a few minutes but nothing's happening
Old 02-21-2005, 05:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '03 4.6iS
Wow. I saw a naked chick walking around the yard this morning, around 6:45. Is that your girlfriend?

Last edited by IFlyX5; 02-21-2005 at 05:16 AM.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:46 AM
Official Bangle Hater

Mein Auto: '01 X5 4.4i, '00 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsheli

Anyway my site is:

David
That is too cool! Something like this would be excellent for in-home use. How much was the whole package to setup, including parts?

Is there a 'poor mans' way of doing it
Old 02-21-2005, 05:57 AM
BMW Fanatic

Mein Auto: BMW
Very good. Which DVR are you using? I know Bosch has a security camera which follows the motion. I think Canon also has something like that. I have a setup where it sends an email with mpeg capture on every motion using the Toshiba network camera. You can also FTP those captures to a server.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:37 AM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Wow, I just checked it an there are men installing one of those temporary power poles. Cool
David

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 02-21-2005, 09:55 AM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Well when I was thinking about all this there were a couple of options. One we get something like a Panasonic PTZ web-cam. Well for a good out-door one that is about 600 right there. Plus you can't record with it. So I did some research on it and found that you can get an extremely industrial camera on eBay for a little bit more. When I say industrial I mean: Built in heater to keep the dome from fogging up, High-speed PTZ, and great low light lens. A camera like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Then to tope that off I had to get a video web server. I would like to get Pelconet but they were just too expensive. So if got a new Web Gate video server for about 80 dollars. The DVR- is a DX-1000. Then I have some Bosch Photoelectric Infrared detectors that shoot dual beams across the yard. When broken it trips a series of relays and lets me know. I am going over to the house today and will take a picture of the set-up.
David

BMW X5 3.0i (Oxford Grn)
BMW 530i
Subaru Outback
My Site (Car Blog )
Old 02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
dj Vroom (dazh Vroom

Here are some pictures. I had to take them with my camera phone since I forgot my camera LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture21.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	45121   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture26.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	45122   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture30.jpg
Views:	117