BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

My Norwegian E39 With Many pictures

62K views 384 replies 43 participants last post by  Budsjettbygge 
#1 · (Edited)
My Norwegian E39 Prosject.

:thumbup: Bought me an e39 523ia for 5 weeks ago.

And it looks like this.

And 12.02.2015

And 04.27.2016

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
But first some about my self. Am 57 years old, and come and stay in Oslo. And the last year, I have work on a Saab 9-5. And you can see, what I have done with that car, on this forum. Under the nick name: POSITIV.

9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning - SaabCentral Forums

This is the Saab 9-5 Aero. With 285hp and 435nm.

And the summer of 2014, did I sell my E-28. That car did I have for 15 years.

#21 ·
Ok. Then I start with what I have done to my car the last 5 weeks. Since that was the time I bought it.

But first some about my self. Am 55 years old, and come and stay in Oslo. And the last year, I have screw on a Saab 9-5 And you can see what I have done with that car, on this forum. Under the Name POSITV:

9-5 Performance, Mods & Tuning - SaabCentral Forums

This is the Saab.

And in the summer og 2014, did I sell my E-28. That car did I have for 15 years.

This E28 is one sweet car, I don't think I could've parted with it. And those tire marks in the parking lot, any idea where they came from ?

#11 ·
Nice work! Now all it needs is some lowering springs!

#13 ·
Looks good! I also agree that it needs to go lower.

Love how you have taken so much time and effort. And it obviously paid off. I also love how you are 55 and still going hard.

I have been to Norway before. It must be a constant battle to keep the rust away from the car.

Keep up the good work!

#15 ·
Looks good! I also agree that it needs to go lower.

Love how you have taken so much time and effort. And it obviously paid off. I also love how you are 55 and still going hard.

I have been to Norway before. It must be a constant battle to keep the rust away from the car.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks SSJRICH 540i.

Its has to be all the fighting viking blood in me, who keep me up. Hehe :) Am in good shape. So I have to go strong, as long I can. :) I am not a mechanic by profession, but educated in sales. So sometime I must use Mc Gyver solutions. But like challenges. So its ok. :)

Yes the like to salt the roads in Oslo. As where I stay. So I have to clean the cars offen.

#18 · (Edited)
#19 ·
How hard was it to paint your car? My roof is oxidized, I'm handy with sandpaper and body work but haven't tried that before.. Any special tools you need?
Your car looks great btw! Now just add a supercharger

#20 · (Edited)
Hi Jfudge01

Sorry but I do not know. Becouse it was not me who painted the car. But a person I know. So I can not help you out with that. When it come to supercharge. Do I not think that. :) But I have plan to import an 540i from Germany. Becouse you can get them there for an low price, over there. And then, take what I need from the car, over to my car. Wait and see. :)

Remember that a e39 540I, is not common in Norway. And one that is in good condition. You have to pay from 15t to 20,000 usd dollars. It is so high taxes here for cars with powerful engines. So there is the most 520ia and 523ia. Then comes some 528ia and 530ia And then few 540i and M5

#24 ·
Awesome work on your E39, thank you for sharing the pictures!

#29 ·
No problem dude. Just ask. Nice to help you out. :)

It is plug and play. But if you have orginale cd shifter in your trunk. You have to make sure, that you get the long cabel. But you need the frame, I did give you a link for. That is not in the packet. But am sure you know that. Just to tell.

So just ask, if you got eny problem, with the install. :)

#31 · (Edited)
#35 ·
I see you are a fan of LED lights. I just swapped out my HID bulbs for LED. I love them. Output is similar but you get all the benefits of LED. The biggest being when your ballast dies (and they all do) you don't have to shell out $300 bucks. And another $100 for bulbs when they go.

Something to consider. Depending on the headlight housing you are using (I have Depo projectors with LED halos) you have to modify the bulb holder just slightly to allow the bigger bulb to go in. Literally it was 45 seconds of trimming with a dremmel.

I'll snap a picture as soon as it gets a bit lighter out. I took one this morning, but it was to dark and the glare was to much to see.

Here is the link http://www.putco.com/products.cfm?a...=C4013744-65BE-F4BB-A3CE-8E8325122937&Avail=1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.