Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 07-01-2002, 11:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '01 M Coupe
A little help please on Stereo Wiring

After reading alot of archived posts on the board and much searching on the internet, I think I might have come up with a way to fit a aftermarket amp onto where the stock location is and still retain the space for a cd changer. I am not to sure if this will work/fit but I am going to be trying out those new Blaupunkt Class T amps.

Anyhow so in the time I am waiting for the stuff to arrive, I need some help in clearing up some confusing things with the wiring. If anyone knows the answer to this I'll really appreciate it.

1. Is there an adapter that fits into the factory harness, meaning the 26pin Siemens and the 12pin AMP connectors that go into the factory amp?

2. For those who have upgraded their amps, not using the factory harness, where did you find the cleanest grounding location?

3. On different wiring pin out diagrams (Ron's images, Scott Galaba, and BMWRobert)there is some differences.

For the Left Front Midrange Speaker:
BMW wiring diagram + Yellow/Gray - Yellow/Blue
Scott Galaba and BMWRobert + Yellow/Blue - Yellow/Gray

For the Left Front Kickpanel "Low" speaker:
BMW wiring diagram + Blue/White - Blue/Brown
Scott Galaba and BMWRober + Yellow/Red - Yellow/Brown

4. On the front midrange and tweeter, it appears that there is a built in passive crossover from the factory. If there is one, why send two sets of wires to the speakers, instead of just sending one wire? Also, if this is a passive crossover, could I attach those two wires to one channel of output, or should I have a seperate channel for each?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight.

Cheers,

Tomo
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2002, 07:00 PM
Equine 1/4 miler ancestor

Mein Auto: 2001 M Roadster, 1998 M3
See this site for someone who has tried to decode the 2002 wiring:
http://206.24.110.130/~dwm/Mroadster/AmpWiring.html

If you have the HK speakers now, you may want to look at the Sunfire subwoofer/ subamp addition. Several here have done the whole install.

See http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...threadid=33903 and the follow on links for details along with a download of the install instructions. DWM (the poster of the web page above) just installed the speaker alone.