Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Old 01-28-2005, 05:26 AM
Retired chip designer

Mein Auto: 2005 645c, 2001 X5, M rds
Thumbs up BMW 645cic and V710 Bluetooth Works!

I just got my new 645cic - it is a fantastic vehicle. I am really impressed with the HUD and the active cruise - they are both well done. Of course, the most important thing about the car is the way it drives - and it drives wonderfully on our mountain roads.

With regards to Bluetooth - I had read all the posts about bluetooth and verizon and the V710 phone - but decided to try anyway. After downloading SuperDave's patch and flashing the phone it works great! The car paired with the phone easily and now just getting into the car with the phone on in your pocket will connect the two. The address book pushes into the car and calls work correctly hands free. It is very cool. SuperDave's code was easy to install and didn't even require reactivation. I would recommend it!

2001 M roadster
2005 645ic

Ausgezeichnet Autos[B]!
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2005, 05:31 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
What is SuperDave's patch and where can it be downloaded ?

It would be useful to know for further reference
Old 02-22-2005, 02:04 PM

Mein Auto: 330 i
SuperDaves v710 patch

where do I get we get Super Daves patch for the v710?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjquigley
I just got my new 645cic - it is a fantastic vehicle. I am really impressed with the HUD and the active cruise - they are both well done. Of course, the most important thing about the car is the way it drives - and it drives wonderfully on our mountain roads.

With regards to Bluetooth - I had read all the posts about bluetooth and verizon and the V710 phone - but decided to try anyway. After downloading SuperDave's patch and flashing the phone it works great! The car paired with the phone easily and now just getting into the car with the phone on in your pocket will connect the two. The address book pushes into the car and calls work correctly hands free. It is very cool. SuperDave's code was easy to install and didn't even require reactivation. I would recommend it!

Old 02-22-2005, 02:19 PM
only one screen name

Send a message via AIM to obmd1
Mein Auto: '14 X5 35D
flashing a phone sounds like a lot of work....frikkin Verizon
Old 02-22-2005, 02:35 PM
There and back again

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT, 2006 Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Baumann
What is SuperDave's patch and where can it be downloaded ?

It would be useful to know for further reference
Everything you need to know can be found at http://www.howardforums.com under the Verizon / Temporary V710 discussion.

Note that you'll need the Motorola USB cable and a bootlegged copy of the Motorola Phone Service Tool.

Also, none of this will help if you have a ULF-based BMW Bluetooth kit.
Old 02-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
This was posted today at the M3Forums.net... http://mysite.verizon.net/nappa6/oth...pportChart.pdf

According to this chart the latest Verizon's V710 firmware update took care of the non-phonebook transfer issues but only with the 05 Assist/Bluetooth TCU. The Bluetooth ULF module phonebook transfer capability is not covered in this update.

No Caller ID is available for any BMW Bluetooth version, though...
Old 02-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Aknatar
Mein Auto: 328xit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic
This was posted today at the M3Forums.net... http://mysite.verizon.net/nappa6/oth...pportChart.pdf

According to this chart the latest Verizon's V710 firmware update took care of the non-phonebook transfer issues but only with the 05 Assist/Bluetooth TCU. The Bluetooth ULF module phonebook transfer capability is not covered in this update.

No Caller ID is available for any BMW Bluetooth version, though...
so to confirm the v710 should work with 05 asst/BT cars? Is the update done through verizon or do I have to hack the phone?