Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 04-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 EB M235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3JB
By the way, anyone else with cars on the Madame Butterfly have an Estimated Delivery Date posted on the Owner's Circle (located under Order Information)? Mine says May 4th, but the boat isn't scheduled to dock until May 2nd. Can that be right?
I'm on that boat. It's scheduled to dock in Charleston on May 7th, and my estimated delivery date is May 10th. Doesn't much matter for me because my PCD date is not until May 26th.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 M3, Ordered Z4 3.5
Didn't Make the Trianon

Appears that I'm still sitting at the port, my VIN isn't found in the cargo tracking search, unless ther is a delay in captuing this info.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:42 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by RChoudry
are you at Turnersville M3JB?
RChoudry,

No, I'm at Flemmington. By the way, I see you're in the Philly area, too. Where do you get your cars serviced? Is there a dealer around Philly that works well with OCD M3 owners?
Old 05-01-2005, 03:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to RChoudry
Mein Auto: 86 325es; 87 325iC; 06 M3
I'm close to Mainline and they're okay with problems. Otto's has the best techs and I've had good success with them also.

Look me up sometime when you get your car. I'm in the suburbs!!

-2006 Z4 M Roadster (Sapphire Black/imola red)...12/9/2006
-2006 M3 ZCP Interlagos blue/black via PCD 11/29/2005
-2004 330i ZHP Imola red/black alcantara CPO 1/2008
-1999 Audi A4 1.8tQ (Jaspis Green/Black)
-1986 325es (Zinnoberot red/Pearl)
Old 05-04-2005, 07:13 PM

On The Way

Well I must be on a vessel, assume it to be the Maersk Teal as my car is scheduled to arrive at processing center on 5/16. Can't get it to show up on cargo tracking at the WW site. Maybe I'm not doing something right here or it takes seversl days for WW to be updated. At any rate, it won't be long now. Order placed 2/22, should have by 5/22, a full three months.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrowJon
Well I must be on a vessel, assume it to be the Maersk Teal as my car is scheduled to arrive at processing center on 5/16. Can't get it to show up on cargo tracking at the WW site. Maybe I'm not doing something right here or it takes seversl days for WW to be updated. At any rate, it won't be long now. Order placed 2/22, should have by 5/22, a full three months.
My car is at the dealer! Received the call yesterday. I'll be taking delivery tomorrow, May 7th. I placed the order on March 17th, so it took a little over 7 weeks. Not too bad at all.

My car showed up on the WW site about three or four days after the ship was scheduled to sail. So it may be normal for it not to show up right away for you. Your dealer can also tell you exactly which ship your car is on. 5/22 isn't too bad.. only a couple more weeks.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RChoudry
I'm close to Mainline and they're okay with problems. Otto's has the best techs and I've had good success with them also.

Look me up sometime when you get your car. I'm in the suburbs!!
Thanks for the info! I've used Thompson in the past, but I'd like to find a dealer a little closer to the city, so I'll check those guys out. Thanks again.
Old 05-07-2005, 06:56 AM

Quote:
My car is at the dealer! Received the call yesterday. I'll be taking delivery tomorrow, May 7th. I placed the order on March 17th, so it took a little over 7 weeks. Not too bad at all.

My car showed up on the WW site about three or four days after the ship was scheduled to sail. So it may be normal for it not to show up right away for you. Your dealer can also tell you exactly which ship your car is on. 5/22 isn't too bad.. only a couple more weeks.
Enjoy your day, which I know you will, hope to be doing same in a couple weeks. Still no show on WW, but am stopping by dealership today, so will gather info then. Thanks & Have Fun Today
Old 05-08-2005, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Enjoy your day, which I know you will, hope to be doing same in a couple weeks. Still no show on WW, but am stopping by dealership today, so will gather info then. Thanks & Have Fun Today
Thanks! I sure did enjoy the day. I arrived at the dealer and it was sitting out front with a nice big SOLD sign on it. I've heard everyone talk about how great the M3 is, but you never truly appreciate how great it is until you drive it. It is extremely quick and wow, it is soooo easy to go fast in this car. I have no doubt you'll feel the same when you pick up your car. I know the wait can be torturous, but it is well worth it as everyone has said.

Was the dealer able to confirm the ship your car is on?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Thanks! I sure did enjoy the day. I arrived at the dealer and it was sitting out front with a nice big SOLD sign on it. I've heard everyone talk about how great the M3 is, but you never truly appreciate how great it is until you drive it. It is extremely quick and wow, it is soooo easy to go fast in this car. I have no doubt you'll feel the same when you pick up your car. I know the wait can be torturous, but it is well worth it as everyone has said.

Am sure it was quite a rush just seeing the car for first time, let alone getting behind the wheel to drive off, now it's yours to enjoy. You probably didn't sleep last night, anxiously awaiting more of the same today.

When dealer tried checking yesterday, the server was down, so will check for confirmation tomorrow. Keep having fun, enjoy every moment.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:27 PM

Found My Car

Quote:

Well I finally found my car, it was shipped on 4/29 through K-Line on the Baltic Highway going to Port Charleston, a 17 day journey. Is due to port on 5/16 with an estimated arrival at Processing Center on 5/19. So looks like it might hit dealer somewhere around 5/25+. Checking the K-Line site, they have no provision for tracking autos, just containers. Am sure that each day is filled with excitment, as you drive off in your new set of wheels.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Well I finally found my car, it was shipped on 4/29 through K-Line on the Baltic Highway going to Port Charleston, a 17 day journey. Is due to port on 5/16 with an estimated arrival at Processing Center on 5/19. So looks like it might hit dealer somewhere around 5/25+. Checking the K-Line site, they have no provision for tracking autos, just containers. Am sure that each day is filled with excitment, as you drive off in your new set of wheels.
I had a feeling it might have been shipped on K-Line when you couldn't find it on the WW site. I've heard the tracking is not as good on the K-Line site, but it looks like you won't need to track it much longer. Hopefully it gets to the dealer a little sooner. My car arrived in port on the 3rd and was at the dealer on the 4th or 5th. My dealer is located close to the port though.

The car is running great. I'm enjoying every minute of it and I love the SMG. From all that I read I thought it would take a little while to learn, but I honestly had no trouble with it at all. It's a fantastic technology and I'm looking forward to really testing it out once the break-in procedure is complete.

Good luck with your car, it won't be much longer now! Hopefully you will get lucky and take delivery next weekend.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I had a feeling it might have been shipped on K-Line when you couldn't find it on the WW site. I've heard the tracking is not as good on the K-Line site, but it looks like you won't need to track it much longer. Hopefully it gets to the dealer a little sooner. My car arrived in port on the 3rd and was at the dealer on the 4th or 5th. My dealer is located close to the port though.

The car is running great. I'm enjoying every minute of it and I love the SMG. From all that I read I thought it would take a little while to learn, but I honestly had no trouble with it at all. It's a fantastic technology and I'm looking forward to really testing it out once the break-in procedure is complete.

Good luck with your car, it won't be much longer now! Hopefully you will get lucky and take delivery next weekend.
Yea, tracking via K-Line doesn't seem possible. Even fired off an email to them, to obtain verfication and voyage status, never received a response.

Good to hear you're enjoying the new car and glad to learn that SMG doesn't take much operator break-in, as I've build some of the same concern.

Hope you're right about next weekend, but believe that to be a bit of stretch. Keep having fun with that new car of yours, you'll be beyond "break-in" before you know it.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:28 AM

Mein Auto: '02 330Ci, '05 M3
Quote:
Well I finally found my car, it was shipped on 4/29 through K-Line on the Baltic Highway going to Port Charleston, a 17 day journey. Is due to port on 5/16 with an estimated arrival at Processing Center on 5/19.
How were you able to find this information? My vehicle was supposedly shipped on the 11th, and since it's not on Wallenius' tracker yet, I'm assuming it's on a different line.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy330Ci
How were you able to find this information? My vehicle was supposedly shipped on the 11th, and since it's not on Wallenius' tracker yet, I'm assuming it's on a different line.
Upon learning that my car was shipped, I started checking the WW site. After several days of getting VIN not found, I contacted dealer to get shipping status from their vehicle inquiry process. This is how I picked up the K-Line information, unfortunately tracking through K-Line web site only provides for container tracking and not vehicle tracking.

Interesting thing happen this evening when I checked status through 1-800, as ship was due into Port Charleston yesterday, was told that my car was still at Bremerhaven Port awaiting vessel assignment. If this is case, my priority "1" customer order has been sitting at port past three weeks. Needless to say have fired off a priority email to BMW and email to my dealer, I will not be a happy BMW customer if in fact this car is still at Bremerhaven.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Upon learning that my car was shipped, I started checking the WW site. After several days of getting VIN not found, I contacted dealer to get shipping status from their vehicle inquiry process. This is how I picked up the K-Line information, unfortunately tracking through K-Line web site only provides for container tracking and not vehicle tracking.

Interesting thing happen this evening when I checked status through 1-800, as ship was due into Port Charleston yesterday, was told that my car was still at Bremerhaven Port awaiting vessel assignment. If this is case, my priority "1" customer order has been sitting at port past three weeks. Needless to say have fired off a priority email to BMW and email to my dealer, I will not be a happy BMW customer if in fact this car is still at Bremerhaven.
The sheer amount of disinformation one gets from BMW during the production/shipping process is mind-numbing. I could call the 800 number three times in three minutes, and get completely different information from each call. It's so bad at times that I wonder if the representatives are even looking at the same screens as one another. If your situation turns out to be true, I feel for you. It's one thing to be held up at port for a few weeks; quite another thing to be told such after the vehicle is supposedly already at a US port.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Did it say your vessel was at the port awaiting a shipping vessel? I would still check with the dealer, but don't get too concerned. After my car was delivered to the port in NY, the status message said the same thing: at port awaiting shipping vessel. I never did receive a status message informing me it was at the VPC, but that could be because it was sent to my dealer so quickly. I hope this is the same case with your car and it is now at a US port.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Did it say your vessel was at the port awaiting a shipping vessel? I would still check with the dealer, but don't get too concerned. After my car was delivered to the port in NY, the status message said the same thing: at port awaiting shipping vessel. I never did receive a status message informing me it was at the VPC, but that could be because it was sent to my dealer so quickly. I hope this is the same case with your car and it is now at a US port.
Mine actually showed up for the first time this morning on Wallenius' tracker as being on the TAKASAGO, which sailed over a week ago. And I agree on the notification changes--quite a few times in the past I've heard of vehicles regressing in status according to the automated system--BarrowJon, I wouldn't let that get you too bothered until it's verified.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:00 PM

Mein Auto: M & M
No worries...

Don't live or die by the 1-800 number or Owner's Circle status page.

A day after I already picked up my car, I decided to check these sources for fun. The OC webpage still indicated that my car was at the VPC. Worse yet, the 1-800 number still said that my car was still at the port awaiting shipment.

FYI, the car was shipped to the west coast via a non-WW line in about 25 days or so. Arrived in Long Beach on 5/6. I picked it up from dealership in Bay Area on morning of 5/10.

Happy waiting.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:25 PM

Good News

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay
Don't live or die by the 1-800 number or Owner's Circle status page.

A day after I already picked up my car, I decided to check these sources for fun. The OC webpage still indicated that my car was at the VPC. Worse yet, the 1-800 number still said that my car was still at the port awaiting shipment.

FYI, the car was shipped to the west coast via a non-WW line in about 25 days or so. Arrived in Long Beach on 5/6. I picked it up from dealership in Bay Area on morning of 5/10.

Happy waiting.
I did get response back from BMW indicating dealer would be contacting me to provide status update and dealer did call me today to inform me that car would be arriving at dealership this Saturday and they would have ready for delivery on Monday.

Owner's Circle still shows as "en route" and 1-800 still claims that my car has regressed to"at port awaiting vessel assignment - with no shipping information available." So one might ask, of what value are these order delivery/tracking services.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:58 PM

Quote:
So one might ask, of what value are these order delivery/tracking services.
Very little.

Congrats on the car!

Last edited by Indy330Ci; 05-18-2005 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Hated by hater haters

Mein Auto: 09 MINI JCW
Quote:
...So one might ask, of what value are these order delivery/tracking services.
Little value. Dealer always has best and most up to date info. When I was waiting for my M3, my dealer would bring up the latest tracking info and estimates anytime I asked.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:16 PM

Lesson Learned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwette
Little value. Dealer always has best and most up to date info. When I was waiting for my M3, my dealer would bring up the latest tracking info and estimates anytime I asked.
Another lesson learned, next time will rely on dealer for updates. Now one would think same source for updating dealer could be used for OC and 1-800, guess that would be to easy. For what it is worth, think I will fire off note to BMW.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:07 AM

Almost There

Car is due to arrive at dealership today, should be ready for delivery late Monday or Tuesday.

Quick summary: order placed 2/22, completed production 4/22, loaded on ship 4/29, arrived Port Charleston 5/16, at dealership 5/21, s/b delivered 5/23 or 5/24

Did send message to BMW asking what prevents them from using same information/data source that feeds the Dealer's "Vehicle Inquiry" process to update order tracking via Owner's Circle and 1-800 number. Will be interesting to see their response.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:28 PM

Response Received

Here's note sent to BMW:

My latest order is due to arrive at dealership today, 5/21/2005.
Have used the 1-800 number, as well as this site, to track order status
for this vehicle and my previous car with same results. Owner's Circle
updates are not current, while the 1-800 number seems to be somewhat more
timely, it tends to be regressive at times in status reporting. Seems that
the information supplied to Dealer's through the "Vehicle Inquiry" is much
more timely, complete, accurate, and more detailed. Have discussed this
with many other clients, and all have experienced same findings. My
question is why can't the same information/data source used to update the
Dealer's "Vehicle Inquiry" be used to update "Owner's Circle" and the
1-800 number?

And here's the response:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding the Owners' Circle vehicle tracking feature. Regrettably, I cannot provide you with the information you are requesting from this location, as we [Customer Relations] are not trained in technical matters. Please accept my apologies for any frustration or inconvenience this situation may cause.

If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. Again, thank you for contacting BMW.