Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E30 (1982 - 1993)

E30 (1982 - 1993)
God's Chariot. The E30 was produced primarily from 1982 through 1991. The cabriolet was the one exception which was produced through 1993.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Mein Auto: 87 325is
just bought an 87 325is, a couple problems

Maybe you guys might have some ideas... here's one of the problems, on my passenger side (front) I'm hearing a bumping noise, almost sounds like something is rubbing (the car is also bumping up and down constantly). Sorry the description of the problem is not very vivid, but it's all I can do to explain it. The car is also pulling away from that side fairly hard, still haven't had an alignment done because I need some bushings for the back (very bad camber).

Another problem is with my windshield wipers, I hear the motor running and everything - but it the wipers aren't moving. The bar on the driver side is loose and will not stay connected, maybe this is why the passenger side doesn't work? I have no idea honestly

Also I was hoping someone might have a diagram to install the bushings in the back to fix the camber... I've never done this before
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2005, 01:41 AM

Mein Auto: '89 325is
could be...

Strut mount/bearing assy. blown out and/ or shock. Also could be a ball joint
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO325is
Maybe you guys might have some ideas... here's one of the problems, on my passenger side (front) I'm hearing a bumping noise, almost sounds like something is rubbing (the car is also bumping up and down constantly). Sorry the description of the problem is not very vivid, but it's all I can do to explain it. The car is also pulling away from that side fairly hard, still haven't had an alignment done because I need some bushings for the back (very bad camber).

Another problem is with my windshield wipers, I hear the motor running and everything - but it the wipers aren't moving. The bar on the driver side is loose and will not stay connected, maybe this is why the passenger side doesn't work? I have no idea honestly

Also I was hoping someone might have a diagram to install the bushings in the back to fix the camber... I've never done this before
Old 04-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 89 BMW 325i (4 door)
About the wiper ,its probably the stripped wiper arm.Get new ones.Or ones that arent stripped.