Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 03-11-2005, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: 330ci ZHP 6MT
Door ding

Went to Albertson early this afternoon, parked my car far away from the rest the cars on the parking lot and thought it was safe. This inconsiderate idiot pulled up next to my car and apparently opened his door and hit my baby. Left the door ding on the side of my car and scratched the paint . Took down his plate # and left a nasty note on his windshield. :asshole: What else should i do? I'm thinking going back there and or the Mother F****@!. Sorry just want to get it off my chest. What do you guys think?
Old 03-11-2005, 05:32 PM
mmm... carbs!

Mein Auto: 2007 E90 335i
You should have waited for him to come out.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Empowered Consumer

Mein Auto: 1 - 4.20hp, 1 - 420hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1CoolRide
What do you guys think?
I think you're overreacting. But thats just my opinion.

I have no door dings on my e46, and I'm sure that when I get my first one, I'll be pissed for a moment, then I'll get over it, and then I'll make arrangements to get it fixed.

Alex

My Flickr
TeamWTF?!

Old 03-11-2005, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BahnBaum
I think you're overreacting. But thats just my opinion.

I have no door dings on my e46, and I'm sure that when I get my first one, I'll be pissed for a moment, then I'll get over it, and then I'll make arrangements to get it fixed.

Alex

Perhaps I was but I just can't help thinking that he could be a bit careful when opening the door, I know I always do.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspeedy
You should have waited for him to come out.

Had to get back to work took late lunch.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Empowered Consumer

Mein Auto: 1 - 4.20hp, 1 - 420hp
Quote:
Perhaps I was but I just can't help thinking that he could be a bit careful when opening the door, I know I always do.
I agree. But the world is much easier to deal with when you come to the realization that people with common sense are in the minority.

Alex

My Flickr
TeamWTF?!

Old 03-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
Quote:
What else should i do?
Are you going to Bimmefest in April? If so, there is a great paintless dent guy who will be there fixing dings. I have my first tiny door ding and I'm planning on having it straightened out at this years event.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=89

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)
Old 03-11-2005, 07:05 PM
got bored with the 325ci

Mein Auto: 2006 330ci ZHP
Quote:
Went to Albertson early this afternoon, parked my car far away from the rest the cars on the parking lot and thought it was safe. This inconsiderate idiot pulled up next to my car and apparently opened his door and hit my baby. Left the door ding on the side of my car and scratched the paint . Took down his plate # and left a nasty note on his windshield. :asshole: What else should i do? I'm thinking going back there and or the Mother F****@!. Sorry just want to get it off my chest. What do you guys think?
I swear some people park next to you and ding your car on purpose when you make an effort to park far away from other cars! My solution (since I already have 2 door dings on the passenger side) is to find a spot where the drivers side is safe (i.e. next to the curb). One of my door dings, I was told was nearly impossible to fix, is about an inch behind the door. The paintless dent guy tried to find a way to fix it, but told me I would have to go to a mechanic or some one else to get them to remove everything in the interior panel to make the ding fix possible. Cost/Benefit analysis ruled that out!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Jet Black M3 ZCP
Quote:
Poor dirt eating bastard couldn't afford to fix it for you anyhow so why waste your breath.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:13 PM

Mein Auto: '11 1M;'08 MCS;'02 325iT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori
Poor dirt eating bastard couldn't afford to fix it for you anyhow so why waste your breath.
They sell dirt at Albertson's now?

It's just a ding, it's just a car, people suck. Gotta just shrug it off and get it fixed (or don't).
Old 03-11-2005, 07:31 PM

Mein Auto: Jet Black M3 ZCP
Canbowls Earthy Delight! Now with more chunks for hearty appetites.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Padawan

Mein Auto: 2004 330ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Are you going to Bimmefest in April? If so, there is a great paintless dent guy who will be there fixing dings. I have my first tiny door ding and I'm planning on having it straightened out at this years event.
Nevermind; I just found out that Rick will not be at this year's Bimmefest.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&postcount=145

--J.
2004|330ci|Convertible|Silver Grey Metallic|Sport Package|Premium Package|Steptronic|NAV|Xenon Adaptive Headlights|Heated Seats|Black Montana Leather|Aluminum Brushed Column Trim|SSR/GT3 19" Rims (original 18" Style 71's in storage)

Last edited by JonathanIT; 03-12-2005 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2005, 05:49 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 325i
Parking between lines

Have you noticed lately how many drivers of those big honking SUVs can't seem to park them between the lines in the lots? I don't think half of them have any idea of where the right side of their vehicle is relative to where they are sitting! This is the source of a lot of door dings when their passenger gets out. I know I always refuse to pull in next to one of these behemoths that is already parked over the line.

The other day, someone pulled a Navigator in so close to me that I couldn't even fit between the vehicles, let alone open the door. I don't know how he missed hitting my mirror. Ever have to get into your manual-shift E46 by climbing over from the passenger seat? Geez!

Doug