Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E46 (1999 - 2006)

E46 (1999 - 2006)
The fourth generation 3 Series (E46 chassis) was introduced in 1999 and set the standard for engineering and performance during it's years of production including being named to Car & Driver's 10 best list every one of those years! ! -- View the E46 Wiki

Old 03-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 E61 530xiT 2004 E53 X5
Got rear ended Thursday morning

I was minding my own business at a red light last thursday morning en route to see a client. Out of nowhere - WHAM - I'm dazed and my rear end looks like a demolition derby. The trunk won't close, the lights are smashed to smitherenees, the bumber is hangin', and the lip of the trunk is all squished up. Dealer says it will need a new eberything back there, even the frame rails that support the area. The insurance adjuster hasn't seen it yet, probably Monday.

I'm over seeing my car crashed up. I was rear ended in stop and go traffic last June, when the car was two weeks old. That was painted and looked brand new after.

My wife's X5 suffered 15k cdn in damages after xmas. See the X5 forum for that mishap. It now looks like new.

My 325i will surely be like new also, (pending the insurnace guy), but I'm off to the doctor now because my left ear is kinda blocked, and my left cheek has been a little puffy the last couple of days. I have a bruise on my arm from the seat belt (I was looking over to the right when the impact occurred). The left side of my neck is tight.

I'm pissed at those jerks with the learner's permit who didn't stop on time and then slid into me. My car is now devalued so many more dollars'cause it's now "accidented".

No pics, I didn't have my camera at the time.

Thanks for listening.
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Stew, heartfelt condolences - at least you are (mostly) ok. The car can be repaired, you can't...

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:01 AM

Mein Auto: 330ci ZHP 6MT
Oh that suddenly sucks, Sorry to know that, hope the other party has an insurance.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07 E61 530xiT 2004 E53 X5
Just got back from the doctor's and nothing is wrong with me. Yay.

Now the car needs fixin'!

Yes, the other party is insured, it was a company delivery pickup truck, a 20-year old Chevy C-30 with apparently bad-ish tires.

I will be fascinated to hear how this insurance claim plays out. My 2004 325i with heated seats, manual, is only worth about 30k Canadian in the Black Book, with 34,000 kms (I drive a lot).

I paid 39500 for it, 43k tax in. Soooo if the frame is really buggered up I'm wondering if they'll scrap it if the repairs come too high.

I'll report back after the evaluator gets his slimy mitts on it.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Parking Spot Maven

Mein Auto: 2011 335i, 2013 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewthebassman

I paid 39500 for it, 43k tax in. Soooo if the frame is really buggered up I'm wondering if they'll scrap it if the repairs come too high..
Sorry this happened. I had this happen on the freeway about a year ago... semi trucks and cell phones don't mix.

I kind of doubt your car is totaled unless the rear window broke and/or there is roof damage or damage beyond the rear quarters. It's pretty difficult to total a [valuable] car in a rear-end collision since all the expensive stuff is up front. Do you have gap insurance?

Best of luck...

--SONET