Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 03-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Newbie BMW Owner

Mein Auto: 2005 325i
bluetooth & nokia 6230

This is my first post here! I just bought a 2005 Black Saphire 325i and love it so far!

But I had a question about the bluetooth and my nokia 6230 cell phone. I know from reading other posts on this forum that I need to get a firmware upgrade for full functionality and compatability with this phone. I'm seeing that after initially paring the phone and the car, it worked fine to make a call. but when the call ended, my radio would not return to normal. It just said PHONE and didn't play anything. so i disabled bluetooth on the phone, and then re-enabled it. The phone automatically pairs up again, but doesn't always work right. Sometimes when I try to make a call, the phone starts working and actually calls the number i'm dialing, but i can't hear anything over the receiver or over the car radio. it's as if the phone's disalbed it's own ear piece and is sending the sound over to the car, but the car's not playing it.

anyway, is this an issue with the firmware of the phone, or is the bluetooth setup just generally flaky like this? i was looking forward to this feature.
Thanks for any help.
Ads by Google
Old 03-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Hello cambie,

welcome to the Bimmerfest.

I'll move this thread to the Audio and In-car electronics forum.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Newbie BMW Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Baumann
Hello cambie,

welcome to the Bimmerfest.

I'll move this thread to the Audio and In-car electronics forum.
oops, not too hot for my first post i guess, huh?

anyway, any help on this topic?
Old 03-25-2005, 11:49 AM
Newbie BMW Owner

ok, now i'm a bit pissed.

I got my phone back from Nokia yesterday and they didn't even upgrade the firmware. They claimed 5.24 was only for european models, and I was SOL. Unreal. So, i guess i either get a new phone now or just not use the bluetooth in my car. That makes me very sad. That's two features I really wanted in my car I won't have or be able to use now.

At least the auto windshield wipers are still pretty cool.