Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 03-13-2005, 03:52 AM

Mein Auto: '02 Maxima SE
545i - Best lease offer

Hello,

I am in the market for a 545i.
What are the current best lease deals/numbers people are getting ?

Are there any BMW lease offers/incentives for this model ?

I see the worksheets and other numbers on the forum, but I'm not sure how to put that to good use. So, I am looking for some simpler suggestions from this forum.

Thank You.
Got2Go
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2005, 09:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to arnolds
Mein Auto: E60/E90/E85
Its amazing what you can find on the sticky threads just above your post.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89893

Old 03-14-2005, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnolds
Its amazing what you can find on the sticky threads just above your post.

Hello Arnolds,

Thanks for your informative reply with the link.
I had indeed seen all those.
But, like I said in my post, I see all those money factor numbers and formulas.
But, I was looking for simple laymans numbers.
Like 3k down/$600 month is possible for the car.
Or something like an idea of what the best deals people are currently getting or are possible to get.

A simple down/monthly/term would be what I was asking for.

Thanks in advance to anybody providing this info.

Got2Go
Old 03-14-2005, 04:51 AM
Pastafarian Extraordinair

Mein Auto: 335d
Just a couple of thoughts... I don't think you are going to get many responses to your question. Why? Because you are asking an extremely generic question.

Here's my suggestion...
1. Go to BMWUSA.com and configure the car you want. - record the MSRP.
2. Look at the dealer cost information in this section. - record the base invoice.
3. Go to your local BMW dealer and ask them what kind of lease numbers would they be willing to offer to you. - write down the details of the offer.

Then, if you want. Post that information here and ask for feedback. You'll find people are more willing to spend their time and help when they see that you've done your homework and are serious about purchasing a car.

Just my .02 cents... your experience may vary
Old 03-14-2005, 08:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 335i F30 Sedan
http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

If you have MSRP info... go to this site and enter the residuals and MF provided in the sticky and you should be able to figure out your payment.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkady
Just a couple of thoughts... I don't think you are going to get many responses to your question. Why? Because you are asking an extremely generic question.

Here's my suggestion...
1. Go to BMWUSA.com and configure the car you want. - record the MSRP.
2. Look at the dealer cost information in this section. - record the base invoice.
3. Go to your local BMW dealer and ask them what kind of lease numbers would they be willing to offer to you. - write down the details of the offer.

Then, if you want. Post that information here and ask for feedback. You'll find people are more willing to spend their time and help when they see that you've done your homework and are serious about purchasing a car.

Just my .02 cents... your experience may vary

Exactly. The numbers will either add up or not. Asking for whether, this payment or that payment is reasonable is ridiculous. By knowing all the details of the lease transaction, you can negotiate better.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2go
Hello,

I am in the market for a 545i.
What are the current best lease deals/numbers people are getting ?

Are there any BMW lease offers/incentives for this model ?

I see the worksheets and other numbers on the forum, but I'm not sure how to put that to good use. So, I am looking for some simpler suggestions from this forum.

Thank You.
Got2Go
Frankly... I don't think a lease is right for you, if you are unfamiliar w/ the leasing mechamism. Alternatively.... you can always use this as a learning experince but don't expect to make a killer deal on your first lease, because even you are hit by a deal of the century and you still wouldn't know it.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Flanary
http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

If you have MSRP info... go to this site and enter the residuals and MF provided in the sticky and you should be able to figure out your payment.

Alan,
Thanks for the link.
It helped me make some sense out of the numbers given here.

Now, my question is are those the absolute numbers BMW financing will do on those cars ?
And I guess each dealer would be able to throw in their own incentinve, or not.

But the base numbers posted here would be the minimum no including any profit for the dealer ?

bweewang,
I dont understand half of my sprint phone bill.
That does not mean I should not have phone service.
Most people do not understand their mortgage, lease, loan, VCR, and many other things.

I was looking for some examples of people leasing 545i's, and what kind of numbers they got. Ballpark. Just trying to gauge a range for that care in a lease, and to see what a good range would be for a decent/good deal, vs. a bad deal.

Also, I would be able to spot a good deal, and negotiate a good deal, if I know what range of good deals people are getting.

Thanks to all for the replies.
Got2Go
Old 03-15-2005, 05:09 AM
Instant Lease Quotes

Send a message via AIM to LeaseCompare
Mein Auto: M3 Convertible
The BMWFS data I post are the base (minimum) rates. The dealers have an option to mark these up if they can. The residual values are not negotiable. It's best to confirm rates with different dealers and the bank lease programs on LeaseCompare.com.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Alan,
Thanks for the link.
It helped me make some sense out of the numbers given here.

Now, my question is are those the absolute numbers BMW financing will do on those cars ?
And I guess each dealer would be able to throw in their own incentinve, or not.

But the base numbers posted here would be the minimum no including any profit for the dealer ?

bweewang,
I dont understand half of my sprint phone bill.
That does not mean I should not have phone service.
Most people do not understand their mortgage, lease, loan, VCR, and many other things.

I was looking for some examples of people leasing 545i's, and what kind of numbers they got. Ballpark. Just trying to gauge a range for that care in a lease, and to see what a good range would be for a decent/good deal, vs. a bad deal.

Also, I would be able to spot a good deal, and negotiate a good deal, if I know what range of good deals people are getting.

Thanks to all for the replies.
Got2Go
The problem with what you're asking for is that diff. areas in the countries have diff deals. What maybe a cold seller in NY is not the same in Vegas.

From this board.

Get the Invoice and the MSRP of the 545 and the options you want.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68674

Figure out what you want to offer for the car, lets say, 2K over invoice.
Plug those numbers into this worksheet.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60089

using the current MF and residuals for this month(and this month only) posted here.

That's the best deal for you and your area. Now go to your dealer and see if your dealer will:
1. Accept your price over invoice
2. Will not pad the base rates for the lease.
3. Have the car available or en-route with the options you want.

Now if you really want to see how much people are paying, read this thread.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=8062

Oh yeah, just to confuse the issue, the 550 is out in October, replacing the 545.

The only incentive you will get from the dealer that's not supported by BMWFS is maybe a good service and a free car wash every weekend.

If you really want the bestest lease deal on a 545, you need to do Euro Delivery:

Negotiate a price over Euro delivery invoice, make sure you get Nav, get lufthansa deal 2 for 1 tickets, order the car, pay first payment 14 days before pick up, wait for the ED packet and special pen, fly to Munich, pick up car, drive car all over europe, come back to US, submit bmwcca rebate form, BMWFS pays second month in exchange for higher MF, wait 6-8 weeks, go insane, take redelivery, then enjoy car again.

The euro-delivery lease is lower because residual is based on US MSRP and not Euro-Delivery MSRP saving you at least 7% in lease gross capitalization.

Last edited by arnolds; 03-15-2005 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:39 AM
Moderator, 5-Series

Mein Auto: Trek 6500 MTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnolds
Negotiate a price over Euro delivery invoice, make sure you get Nav, get lufthansa deal 2 for 1 tickets, order the car, pay first payment 14 days before pick up, wait for the ED packet and special pen, fly to Munich, pick up car, drive car all over europe, come back to US, submit bmwcca rebate form, BMWFS pays second month in exchange for higher MF, wait 6-8 weeks, go insane, take redelivery, then enjoy car again.
Not to beat a dead horse here but BMW did have a free ticket deal which was a cut above (better) than the 2 for 1 they have now for airline tickets. The catch is you need to pick your car up in Munich no later than March 27. I just got in on that deal.

They next deal is to negotiate a deal over euro invoice. You should be able to get between 1-2k over ei. I paid my second lease payment so I got the lowest MF...it works out to a bit better over time.

Finally, hopefully you are a member of the BMWCCA for at least a year and a day before you purchase the car and you will get a rebate back from them. I'll have a grand coming back to me before I even take delivery of the car here in the US!!

Best of luck.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ågent99
Not to beat a dead horse here but BMW did have a free ticket deal which was a cut above (better) than the 2 for 1 they have now for airline tickets. The catch is you need to pick your car up in Munich no later than March 27. I just got in on that deal.
Yeah, you owe me a nice hearty german dinner and beer next week, buddy!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Moderator, 5-Series

Mein Auto: Trek 6500 MTB
You got it, Buddy! Oh, wait a minute, you just cost me like $700/month!!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Ripening slushbox drifter

Send a message via AIM to jk330i
Mein Auto: 2002 330i OB
Quote:
Hello Arnolds,

Thanks for your informative reply with the link.
I had indeed seen all those.
But, like I said in my post, I see all those money factor numbers and formulas.
But, I was looking for simple laymans numbers.
Like 3k down/$600 month is possible for the car.
Or something like an idea of what the best deals people are currently getting or are possible to get.

A simple down/monthly/term would be what I was asking for.

Thanks in advance to anybody providing this info.

Got2Go
I don't think you're going to find a deal like that. If you do let me know!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:28 PM

Hello Group,

Thanks again for all the suggestions, advice, and information.

I ran some numbers and came up with the attached numbers.
I'm not sure if I did it right.

I priced the car with options on KBB.
I then used the invoice price from that.
Then I added 2k for dealer markup and used that as the cap cost.

5k down, 36month term, 10k miles/mth.
MSRP with options came to $64,145
Invoice with options: $58,605 (including dest charge).
MF 0.00100
Residual: 62%
Came up with the attached numbers.

Did I do this right ?
Or is something missing/incorrect ?

Thanks again for the help.
Got2Go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lease_Calc_2.gif
Views:	184
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	46508  
Old 03-15-2005, 05:50 PM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW AH 3 M Sport
Sorry, but your numbers are wrong.

The lease with 5000 cap reduction plus first payment, security deposit (equal to payment w/tax rounded up to 50), plus tax on reduction, license, or approx. $6,550 would be $560 plus tax.

You didn't include the BMW acq fee of $825 in your gross cap cost. Also, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to give up all of the finance "back-end" and not make any basis points or charge "buy rate" on a 545i lease.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:11 PM

Mein Auto: BMW X3 3.5i M-Spt, VW GTI
Your calculations are correct, but....

You need to consider your upfront cost...1st mo, security deposit, acq. fee ($625-825, not NY) & doc. fees ($200-$400 reasonable). These can be in the range of $2,000 plus. The security deposit can be waived if you are a former BMW Fin. customer.

In terms of your deal, $2,000 over invoice may be a good target, but you really need to shop it. You are also assuming a dealer will not mark up the MF. They generally do when they are being pressed on a inv. over deal. The only way you will know is to contact a few dealers. Be skeptical of the $1,000 & less invoice deals mentioned on the web. I can't believe they are as prolific as some members believe or state (there wouldn't be as many BMW dealers on those margins. Some people may claim to have those numbers (some are real), but you don't know all of the other variables). You also have to know if your region has MACO fees. They are real, and are generally considered in an invoice plus deal.

I would also cautioned about putting money down on a lease. It is not financial prudent. If you want a lower payment, put the money in the bank & draw it down. If the car is totaled the second month you leased it, that down payment will probably disappear. Your car will probably not be worth the outstanding balance due BMW Fin. As a result, you will come out of pocket for your deductible and lose the money you put down. BMW Fin. is the priority to be made whole. Simply put, do not put cash down on a lease. Pay for your inceptions costs only.

Since you seem new to leasing, I would advise using a car buying service. Depending on what company, they will contact dealers on your behalf.
good luck
Old 03-15-2005, 08:03 PM

Now you're cooking. Like other's have said, the numbers are off but at least now you know what comprises a lease.

2k over invoice is very doable. Might be worth pushing it down a few more bucks since the market is soft on the 545, hence the low lease rates.

Now, are you sure you want 10K a year? That's basically a weekend car with a couple of 1000 mile trips during the year.

Also, agree on not reducing your cap cost with money upfront. You may have valid reasons to keep the monthly payment down (such as keeping the debt to income ratio down if buying a house in the future) but paying for it upfront is generally not a good idea.

Like, I said, there are other ways to lower the cap cost, such as doing euro-delivery.