BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Low Tire Pressure and TPMS Reset

844 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BMW4Lee 
#1 ·
I got a low tire pressure warning on one tire this morning, so I added some air and the warning cleared. I seem to recall having to reset the TPMS system in order to get the warning to clear in the past. Why did just simply adding air clear the warning today?

After checking that all tires had the correct pressure, I did reset the system. During the reset procedure, the exclamation mark appeared in the instrument cluster. It did disappear after the reset was done. Why did I get the exclamation mark if the warning had previously cleared?

#2 ·
Still looking for help on these issues. Thanks.

#3 · (Edited)
Maybe the warning was about something else? Did you look for the details in the vehicle status?

#4 ·
You get the warning when one or more tires have a loss of pressure (I think it is 3 psi.). When you corrected it, the warning went away. When you hit the RESET, the warning re-appears until the reset is complete. But the reset should only take less than 30 seconds of driving.

#6 ·
Thank you -- it is good to know that the system is working as intended.

IThe warning during reset is to tell you that the TPMS is not active during the resetting process but this should be fairly quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.