Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech

Car Navigation, Audio & Electronics sponsored by BimmerTech
BMW navigation, audio upgrades, XM Radio, Sirius, Bluetooth, and Radar Detector discussions here!

Sponsored by BimmerTech

Old 03-15-2005, 07:47 PM

Mein Auto: 2005 330i ZHP
V3 Phone Book re-synch after initial download?

Sorry to labour the point but on the BMW/Bluetooth specific message board this was asked but not answered: As one adds info to the handsets address book how do you get the car to re-synch the new info into the internal memory? Do you have to do a new pairing procedure? The Razr V3 is working great I'm just trying to get every last drop of usefulness out of the unit. Thanks, J
Ads by Google
Old 03-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Ubergeek

Send a message via AIM to KrisL Send a message via Yahoo to KrisL
Mein Auto: 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lederman
Sorry to labour the point but on the BMW/Bluetooth specific message board this was asked but not answered: As one adds info to the handsets address book how do you get the car to re-synch the new info into the internal memory? Do you have to do a new pairing procedure? The Razr V3 is working great I'm just trying to get every last drop of usefulness out of the unit. Thanks, J

It automatically re-syncs itself (constantly), one entry at a time.. it can take quite awhile.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:57 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
I read some time ago in many of the Bluetooth threads that the initial phonebook transfer can take some 20 to 30 minutes, however after that initial downloads subsequent transfers are much faster, so any changes to the phonebook should be updated in the car in the next quick transfer.

However, some times this does not happen as it should according to some posts of owners of several Bluetooth phones, where these subsequent transfers with changes in the phonebook are considered by the Bluetooth module as initial transfers, so it takes again an awful length of time to download it again. Which is kind of strange in this case because the Razr V3 is supposed to be one of the best BT phones that is fully compatible with the BMW BT system...
Old 03-16-2005, 05:11 AM

When I press B/T the Phone Book appears on the Biz CD readout. The problem is it only displays the one name I had programed in the new handset when I did the initial pairing. Is there an indicator that it is reading the new entries to memory? Thank you all, J
Old 03-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
When I press B/T the Phone Book appears on the Biz CD readout. The problem is it only displays the one name I had programed in the new handset when I did the initial pairing. Is there an indicator that it is reading the new entries to memory? Thank you all, J
What happens when you press the "up" and "down" arrows above the R/T button once you see that readout after the phonebook transfer? Can you see the rest of the phonebook in the display or it is just stuck in one entry?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:38 AM

It is working now. It was downloading as I drove along. It did take a while. Thanks for all your support. J
Old 03-25-2005, 11:25 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 White 330i
Is it possible to erase the phonebook in the car's memory and resync again? I think when I first download the phonebook, I did not complete the download before I shut off the phone. Now even when I update my entires in the phone, the car's memory does not sync up correctly.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:39 PM
There and back again

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT, 2006 Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongtomm
Is it possible to erase the phonebook in the car's memory and resync again? I think when I first download the phonebook, I did not complete the download before I shut off the phone. Now even when I update my entires in the phone, the car's memory does not sync up correctly.
If you have the ULF bluetooth, pressing and holding the pairing button for about 15 seconds after the car is running will delete all paired phones.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 White 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Kennedy
If you have the ULF bluetooth, pressing and holding the pairing button for about 15 seconds after the car is running will delete all paired phones.
Thanks Terry but I don't have a pairing button as my BT is the one included with the 05 BMW assist. I only have the R/T button, the place call button, which one should I press and hold to erase the memory?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:41 PM
There and back again

Mein Auto: 2003 325xiT, 2006 Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongtomm
Thanks Terry but I don't have a pairing button as my BT is the one included with the 05 BMW assist. I only have the R/T button, the place call button, which one should I press and hold to erase the memory?
Beats me - I don't have that version in my car. But the delete for the ULF version was in my Bluetooth manual - perhaps there's something in your owner's manual(s)?
Old 03-29-2005, 11:30 AM

Mein Auto: 530I 2005
Mine works fine

I have a 2005 530 I. I use a V3 Razor phone. My phone books updates all new names and numbers with no problem. It takes about 10 -15 mins after I am connected to the Blue tooth.