Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 03-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #1
StopTech Balanced Brake Upgrades™ on Winning Turner Motorsport BMW M3 in Miller Grand

tim330i
Administrator

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by tim330i

StopTech Balanced Brake Upgrades on Winning Turner Motorsport BMW M3 in Miller Grand-Am Cup 200
Torrance, California USA -- StopTech's Balanced Brake kit ™ provided the performance braking advantage needed by Bill Auberlen and Justin Marks, to earn the pole and win the Miller Grand-Am Cup 200 race, held at the Las Americas Autodromo in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

Auberlen and Marks co-drove the No. 96 Turner Motorsport BMW E46 M3 equipped with a standard StopTech 332mm E46 M3 front kit with stock brakes on the rear. Grand Am Cup GS class cars must run stock master cylinders and stock rear brakes. StopTech stainless steel brake lines and racing pads were fitted on both the front and rear of the vehicle and the team used Motul RBF 600. The balanced brake system contributed to the first win for the Turner Motorsport E46 M3 in Grand-Am Cup racing.

Marks started from the pole position, and led for 51 laps before teammate, Auberlen, took over to complete the win, with the StopTech-equipped Turner Motorsport M3 showing consistent handling, braking and speed in the 11 turns of the 1.6-mile Las Americas Autodromo track.

It was Justin Marks' first Grand-Am Cup win, and he enthused about the BMW's performance. "We knew that the M3 would do well at this track, and Turner and H&R did a fantastic job of preparing the car, and doing the setup for this race. The StopTech brakes allowed me to consistently brake deep and contributed significantly to my fast lap times.”

Bill Auberlen, who won a pair of championships for BMW last season, credited excellent pit work for keeping the M3 near the front of the field, despite a tough race in the oppressive Caribbean heat. "The car got very hot soon after I got in, and I quickly ran out of water. The track was hard on brakes, but StopTech brake system never faded and was strong at the end of the race. This was a great event and really unlike anything we have in America. I can't wait to come back again next year."

Unlike all of the other races, this round of the Grand Am Cup championship will not be broadcast on The Speed Channel. The series' next race is April 1-2, at California Speedway in Fontana, California, where the Grand Am Cup ST class will re-join the schedule. With their win, Auberlen and Marks moved up in the overall standings and will be a strong contender for the championship.

Discuss StopTech brakes, Turner Motorsport Racing or the race at Santo Domingo at the bimmerfest.com forums!
This article has been viewed 8892 times.