Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 03-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Matching beemer & bimmer

Mein Auto: 1999 K1200 & 2001 525
Whom to contact at BMW USA for help?

Who is the customer care contact at BMW USA who cares about us?
What is the procedure to get help from that customer representative?

- I'm new to BMW (although I've owned other luxury cars for decades).
- I don't mind paying through the roof for premium service.
- But I expect that paid-for premium service to be completed.

BACKGROUND:
- I was promised extensive BMW diagnostics ... I paid extra for the extensive diagnostic report ... I signed the bill adding "pending receipt of extensive diagnostic report" ... yet ... by today, this extensive diagnostic report has not surfaced. While the evidence trail is still warm, I want to give BMW a chance to resolve this gracefully.

Whom am I to contact at BMW USA to obtain my diagnostic report?

More details than you want to know are in this 5-series thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...02#post1131102
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Livin' like Larry!

Mein Auto: 2007 328XiT; 2008 328 CiC
Have you tried going through The BMW Owners Circle? www.bmwusa.com Clink on Owners Circle and sign up (if you have not already) and you'll be able to send "priority" emails to some people who may bot be able to help you directly, but may be able to provide you with a contact...
Old 03-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to vern
Mein Auto: 01 330ci 05 530i 06 X3
You are better off doing it by phone,1-800-831-1117,BMWNA Customer Relations.Good luck
vern
Old 03-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Contact Vatkens, our resident BMW NA Customer Relations rep

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/member.php?userid=404
Old 03-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Livin' like Larry!

Mein Auto: 2007 328XiT; 2008 328 CiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Baumann

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/member.php?userid=404
Didn't even think about sending him a PM!
Old 03-24-2005, 04:56 PM

Mein Auto: 330i
I don't mean to sound like this but I seriously doubt that you will find this one person who cares and can solve your problems. BMW is a big bureaucratic organization just like your bank, phone company, hmo etc etc. As such they do not have a goal in mind and rational pursuit of it as the situation surfaces just like you or me. They have procedures executed by people for whom it is just a job. The only way you can achieve something in an organization like this is through persistance and patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaftdrive
Who is the customer care contact at BMW USA who cares about us?
What is the procedure to get help from that customer representative?

- I'm new to BMW (although I've owned other luxury cars for decades).
- I don't mind paying through the roof for premium service.
- But I expect that paid-for premium service to be completed.

BACKGROUND:
- I was promised extensive BMW diagnostics ... I paid extra for the extensive diagnostic report ... I signed the bill adding "pending receipt of extensive diagnostic report" ... yet ... by today, this extensive diagnostic report has not surfaced. While the evidence trail is still warm, I want to give BMW a chance to resolve this gracefully.

Whom am I to contact at BMW USA to obtain my diagnostic report?

More details than you want to know are in this 5-series thread:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...02#post1131102
Old 03-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Matching beemer & bimmer

Quote:
Hmmmm ... Is there another way to reach our resident Customer Relations guru?
Here is what I get when I try through Bimmerfest:

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:47 PM
Matching beemer & bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern
800-831-1117,BMWNA Customer Relations
As an experiment, and to further Bimmerfest knowledge, I called that BMW NA Customer Relations number today.

"B" answered the call. After taking down the last 7 numbers of my VIN, he asked for my contact information. (BEWARE of this ... I have the previous owner's contact information, including her name, phone number, address, etc. which I have absolutely no right to have ... so I suggest you give your personal data out sparingly to BMW).

"B" explained that he represents BMW North America, the manufacturer!
He does NOT represent the dealership.
He does NOT represent any service performed.

His role in life is to field our calls (the owner of BMW motorcycles & "vehicles" (which is what they call cars apparently, as if a motorcycle isn't a vehicle) and to "Build a Case" for us to hand to the "Market Teams".

What's a Market Team?
Apparently every USA BMW dealership belongs to a broad geography:
- South, Central, East, West, etc.

Armed with our case, the Market Team then speaks with the dealership to resolve the issue. At least that's how "B" says it's supposed to work.

In my specific case, the battery could be covered if it was a BMW battery, for example, because it is MANUFACTURED by BMW (or at least in name). However, the SERVICE performed by the dealership would NOT be handled by BMW Customer Relations because, "B" said, the dealership is an "independent institution" not owned by or affiliated with BMW.

Interesting. Having only owned a BMW "vehicle" for a month, this is all new to me.

BTW: I suggest you call this Customer Relations team to DELETE your personal information (name, address, phone, email, etc.) when you sell your BMW. Otherwise, guys like me will get that information which was simply handed to me in the Vehicle History Report run by the dealeship who is the custodian of this information. As this is unrelated, I opened a separate thread asking how we should protect this personal information at:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92183

Last edited by shaftdrive; 03-24-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:28 PM

It has been discussed before, BMW dealerships are independent business ventures and are not owned by BMW. BMW has some control over them through a carrot and stick method, namely allocations and CSI system but in the end it all comes down to sales. As long as they sell, they will be OK.
Choosing a dealership to service your car is a very important matter - much more important IMO than where you buy it. It takes some serious due diligence. I wouldn't just drive into a delership and have them fix my car. As all businesses there are crappy ones and there are great one and there are average ones.

As far as personal data is concerned - hey all marketing companies in this country have it anyway anyway after you purchase anything (that's why 95% of your mailbox consists of crap) so why not let the next BMW owner have it. I'll gladly answer his/her questions about the car after I sell/trade it.

Good Luck with your efforts!

Quote:
As an experiment, and to further Bimmerfest knowledge, I called that BMW NA Customer Relations number today.

"B" answered the call. After taking down the last 7 numbers of my VIN, he asked for my contact information. (BEWARE of this ... I have the previous owner's contact information, including her name, phone number, address, etc. which I have absolutely no right to have ... so I suggest you give your personal data out sparingly to BMW).

"B" explained that he represents BMW North America, the manufacturer!
He does NOT represent the dealership.
He does NOT represent any service performed.

His role in life is to field our calls (the owner of BMW motorcycles & "vehicles" (which is what they call cars apparently, as if a motorcycle isn't a vehicle) and to "Build a Case" for us to hand to the "Market Teams".

What's a Market Team?
Apparently every USA BMW dealership belongs to a broad geography:
- South, Central, East, West, etc.

Armed with our case, the Market Team then speaks with the dealership to resolve the issue. At least that's how "B" says it's supposed to work.

In my specific case, the battery could be covered if it was a BMW battery, for example, because it is MANUFACTURED by BMW (or at least in name). However, the SERVICE performed by the dealership would NOT be handled by BMW Customer Relations because, "B" said, the dealership is an "independent institution" not owned by or affiliated with BMW.

Interesting. Having only owned a BMW "vehicle" for a month, this is all new to me.

BTW: I suggest you call this Customer Relations team to DELETE your personal information (name, address, phone, email, etc.) when you sell your BMW. Otherwise, guys like me will get that information which was simply handed to me in the Vehicle History Report run by the dealeship who is the custodian of this information. As this is unrelated, I opened a separate thread asking how we should protect this personal information at:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92183

Old 03-25-2005, 05:21 AM
BMW + twisty road = fun

Mein Auto: Car
I know one thing if you give the dealer zeros in the follow-up BMW service survey the dealer will hear about it from BMWNA. I have had service managers call me up after a bad score. There must be a reason why dealers dislike bad scores by the customer in the service surveys.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:57 AM

Mein Auto: 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artslinger
I know one thing if you give the dealer zeros in the follow-up BMW service survey the dealer will hear about it from BMWNA. I have had service managers call me up after a bad score. There must be a reason why dealers dislike bad scores by the customer in the service surveys.
AFAIK, the reason is that the dealerships get some sort of monthly compensation from BMWNA that's tied to CSI. But, SARAFIL would probably have the more complete story.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:30 AM
Matching beemer & bimmer

I didn't even think about that survey card they placed on my dash.

I actually threw it away at the dealership when I discarded the platic bag over the driver seat and the paper floormat (at the time, I thought *they* should have cleaned up the car, not me).
Old 03-25-2005, 02:25 PM

That maybe some internal survey. They don't come from the dealership but from BMWNA. I usually get a phone call from them or something in the mail sometime after the service.

They should have cleaned your car before they returned it to you. That's just inexcusable laziness - I would have complained right there and then.

Quote:
I didn't even think about that survey card they placed on my dash.

I actually threw it away at the dealership when I discarded the platic bag over the driver seat and the paper floormat (at the time, I thought *they* should have cleaned up the car, not me).
Old 03-27-2005, 11:45 AM

Mein Auto: 525i
My dealer never cleans my car.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Hated by hater haters

Mein Auto: 09 MINI JCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeemer
My dealer never cleans my car.
My service center always washes my car before they give it back, unless I tell them not to.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:18 PM
Matching beemer & bimmer

In my case, the BMW dealership did NOT wash my car (or any car).
There was a sign at the service entrance saying something like "sorry for the inconvenience ... but ...".
My previous dealership, Lexus, always cleaned the car before I picked it up!