Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Old 07-09-2002, 05:33 PM
Dragon Master of TEXAS!

Mein Auto: '00 Z3-2.8L, '07 335i
Cool Texas BOUND!!! (m)

Donít mess w/this Z3 from TEXAS; itís now my slogan.

Yep, Cindy and I, are leaving the Tar Heel state of basketball and the almost Stanley Cup winners! We will be moving to San Antonio, where the Alamo is located in the biggest state in the union. Of course I will be taking our contingent of vehicles (Z3, Miata and the Toyota Tacoma) and our dog Lizzie.

I have accepted a position with-in our company as an Advanced Quality Engineer for Injection Molding/Plastics. After 7-years with the Air Bag design and manufacturing group, I will be joining our Seat Belt design and manufacturing group.
I am scheduled to start August 1.

I still plan to attend the Homecoming 2002! And conduct the North Carolina Z-A-Van road trip. Cindy and I plan to leave, yep, leave my Z3 at a friends or familyís garage in NC. Then when the time comes, fly back to NC and pick up the car and drive to HC02 then onto Texas. The reason for this thinking is that both Texas convoys from last year did not stay over a night at Dealís Gap. They pretty much drove through it ONCEÖas any driving enthusiast knows, you cannot do the Gap once. You must drive it many times!!!!

I want to thank all my Z3 & Miata Carolina friends that I made over the years (Steve, Dave, Bill, Adi, Dan, Jonathan, Maurice, etc, etc, etc.). Cindy and I will always visit the Carolinas, because we have family in the area. As for Texas, I canít wait until we get to meet all the Z3, Miata and autocrossing people in Texas.

My only question is regarding a BMW service in the area. I am willing to take the drive to have my car serviced correctly (when I can not do the job). I found from BMW-USA that there are dealers called BMW Center of San Antonio, John Roberts BMW of Austin and Garlyn Shelton BMW of Bryan. Anyone have experiences at these areas? Are there any independent repair shops / speed shops that are highly recommended.

See you at HC2002! :evil2

2000-2.8L Z3 StahlGrau Roadster (some mods) ~ 2001-335i (BONE STOCK!)
BMWCCA Tejas Chapter & iZ3 Project Coordinator for the San Antonio area
FEAR MY TWO SEATER!!!!!!!
Hello, I'm a MOD-A-HOLIC, check out my site to see my addictions! www.Z3POWER.net

Member Since May 17, 2002
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2002, 12:37 AM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
Good luck with the move. Let Nate and the Texas gang know when you get there.
Old 07-10-2002, 04:37 PM
sometimes i wish for an x

Mein Auto: 2001 325i
hell yeah texas!