Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)

E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
E36/7 Z3 Roadster, Z3 coupe, Z3 M Roadster and Z3 M Coupe talk with our gurus here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-11-2002, 09:14 AM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,296
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Re: Model Year 2003 Z4 roadster

Product Planning and Strategy Bulletin
Hennie Chung - Roadster Manager

We are excited to introduce the all-new Z4 roadster - the first second-generation roadster to enter the premium roadster segment. Beginning July 1, 2002, the first official photos of the
new Z4 roadster were released to the press. The Press Club, Newswire and www.bmwusa.com are currently live with photos. BMW Centernet will follow shortly.

The worldwide debut of the all-new Z4 roadster will take place at the Paris Auto Show in September. The US will be the first market to launch this exciting new entry and we are pleased to announce that the US Premiere will take place in early November at the Miami Auto Show. Please be sure to communicate this with your current Z3 owners and prospects.

The Z4 roadster delivers a visceral, uncompromising sportiness in a modern interpretation of classic roadster characteristics - its long, sweeping hood, low and rearward seating and short
front/rear overhangs are combined in an athletic and powerful new design.

Key Highlights:

•The smooth 2.5i and 3.0i inline 6-cylinder engines, delivering 184- and 225-hp
•5-speed manual (2.5i) and a new 6-speed manual (3.0i), with optional 5-speed
STEPTRONIC automatic transmissions (both models)
•Optional fully automated softtop with heated rear glass and fully integrated tonneau cover
(opening and closing operation in just 10-seconds)
•Adjustable steering column
•Run flat tires
•Increased trunk space, improved interior space
•New premium sound system with Carver technology
•Optional sport button and sports suspension
•Optional automatic climate control
•18" mixed tires/wheels in the 3.0i sport package
•Bi-xenon headlights
•DVD-based navigation system
•…and much more!

Centers can expect a full-color Z4 Product Ordering Guide to arrive later this month. Dealer launch cars will arrive in mid-October, in time for the October 26 retail launch. Visionwerke will
support dealers with Z4 Design, Technical and Competitive Forum programming during the summer months.

Please stay tuned for more information on the new Z4 roadster...and be prepared to ignite your senses!

TD- please feel free to cross-post this message to that bimmerforums.thing board..




Just funnin' ya, Bud!
__________________
Order your 2015 BMW Today! • BIMMERFEST FOUNDERjshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #2  
Old 07-11-2002, 09:27 AM
JST's Avatar
JST JST is offline
A sudden sense of liberty
Location: U of ///M
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 3,935
Mein Auto: 535xiT, Golf R, 987S
Re: Re: Model Year 2003 Z4 roadster

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Shafer
Product Planning and Strategy Bulletin
Hennie Chung - Roadster Manager

We are excited to introduce the all-new Z4 roadster - the first second-generation roadster to enter the premium roadster segment. Beginning July 1, 2002, the first official photos of the
new Z4 roadster were released to the press. The Press Club, Newswire and www.bmwusa.com are currently live with photos. BMW Centernet will follow shortly.

The worldwide debut of the all-new Z4 roadster will take place at the Paris Auto Show in September. The US will be the first market to launch this exciting new entry and we are pleased to announce that the US Premiere will take place in early November at the Miami Auto Show. Please be sure to communicate this with your current Z3 owners and prospects.

The Z4 roadster delivers a visceral, uncompromising sportiness in a modern interpretation of classic roadster characteristics - its long, sweeping hood, low and rearward seating and short
front/rear overhangs are combined in an athletic and powerful new design.

Key Highlights:

•The smooth 2.5i and 3.0i inline 6-cylinder engines, delivering 184- and 225-hp
•5-speed manual (2.5i) and a new 6-speed manual (3.0i), with optional 5-speed
STEPTRONIC automatic transmissions (both models)
•Optional fully automated softtop with heated rear glass and fully integrated tonneau cover
(opening and closing operation in just 10-seconds)
•Adjustable steering column
•Run flat tires
•Increased trunk space, improved interior space
•New premium sound system with Carver technology
•Optional sport button and sports suspension
•Optional automatic climate control
•18" mixed tires/wheels in the 3.0i sport package
•Bi-xenon headlights
•DVD-based navigation system
•…and much more!

Centers can expect a full-color Z4 Product Ordering Guide to arrive later this month. Dealer launch cars will arrive in mid-October, in time for the October 26 retail launch. Visionwerke will
support dealers with Z4 Design, Technical and Competitive Forum programming during the summer months.

Please stay tuned for more information on the new Z4 roadster...and be prepared to ignite your senses!

TD- please feel free to cross-post this message to that bimmerforums.thing board..




Just funnin' ya, Bud!
Any bets on which of the following features will generate the most positive board reaction?

-DVD based nav
-Bi-Xe headlights
-18" wheel option
-6 speed manual
-sport suspension


I know where I'm putting my money, and it isn't on the two things that actually make the car more fun to drive.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-11-2002, 09:44 AM
in_d_haus in_d_haus is offline
Registered User
Location: Elsewhere
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 6,869
Mein Auto: car
No SMG?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-11-2002, 09:44 AM
TD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mein Auto:
Jon,

I was referring to sources of tech info. Once these cars get done being "new", people do start wanting to know about DIY maintenance procedures and feedback on various brands of shocks, brake pads, rotors, etc. That kind of info is still scarce here despite the valiant efforts of a few noble posters.

This board has the "source" himself posting re: new products (yes, I mean YOU Jon) but Bimmerforums does have folks like Rob Levinson of UUC regularly posting replies and not just regarding his products.

So we go where we do based on our needs. I come here to BS and talk about novice track and autox stuff. I read (but don't post) DIY maintenance and hard-core track junkie stuff at bimmerforums. And we all laugh at guys like Bavi and JMS at the Org.

And I'm sure you get more "new buyer" traffic from posts at teh Org than from here. I imagine the lurker population there is rather large.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-11-2002, 09:54 AM
Jon Shafer's Avatar
Jon Shafer Jon Shafer is offline
Admin • Owner • Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder
Location: Santa Barbara
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,296
Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
RE:

Tom,

I know exactly what you are saying, and I am just kind of having fun with this... For me, now, what I like most is all of the irrelevant, off-topic stuff that we post here, and I am glad that others enjoy it too... When you live, eat, work, and sleep BMW 24/7, sometimes you just want to talk about something else.

I have strong feelings about bimmer.org/roadfly, and of course here too...

Like I said, I was just funin' ya!



No offense taken my brotha!
__________________
Order your 2015 BMW Today! • BIMMERFEST FOUNDERjshafer@sbautogroup.com


Serving the BMW Online Community Since 1995 • The BIMMERFEST "Internet Special"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Gregor Gregor is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Connecticut
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 12
Mein Auto: 02 M Coupe
Z4

Is the floor plan unique, or based on some common platform i.e. e36/7.

Gregor
02 M Coupe
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-19-2002, 03:51 PM
Bruce's Avatar
Bruce Bruce is offline
///M forum moderator
Location: Lake Tyler, Texas
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 2,291
Mein Auto: 88 E30 M3.2, 08 451
Re: Z4

Quote:
Originally posted by Gregor
Is the floor plan unique, or based on some common platform i.e. e36/7.

Gregor
02 M Coupe
Unique.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-31-2002, 01:58 PM
DLF DLF is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Westminster, CO
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 11
Mein Auto: 1987 325is
TD or Not TD?

OK, Tom, I give up. What is your posting ID/handle over at BIMMERFORUMS.com? It's not TD, TomD, Tom///M3, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by TD
Jon,

I was referring to sources of tech info. Once these cars get done being "new", people do start wanting to know about DIY maintenance procedures and feedback on various brands of shocks, brake pads, rotors, etc. That kind of info is still scarce here despite the valiant efforts of a few noble posters.

This board has the "source" himself posting re: new products (yes, I mean YOU Jon) but Bimmerforums does have folks like Rob Levinson of UUC regularly posting replies and not just regarding his products.

So we go where we do based on our needs. I come here to BS and talk about novice track and autox stuff. I read (but don't post) DIY maintenance and hard-core track junkie stuff at bimmerforums. And we all laugh at guys like Bavi and JMS at the Org.

And I'm sure you get more "new buyer" traffic from posts at teh Org than from here. I imagine the lurker population there is rather large.
__________________
David Floro
2001 325xi -- wrecked
1987 325is
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-24-2002, 09:21 AM
JBsC5 JBsC5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Northern NJ
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 78
Mein Auto: 2001 Corvette ZO6
Higher hp motor and SMG II second year of production?

Nice car!
__________________
2008 Black C6 corvette, Z51 & NNP
2008 SILVER CTS AWD SPORTS SUSPENSION 304HP
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-24-2002, 09:54 PM
scottn2retro's Avatar
scottn2retro scottn2retro is offline
into things retro
Location: Huntington Beach
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,536
Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
From what I've read . . .

in those car 'expert' magazines, SMG will be offered as an option sometime during the Z4 production run. Next year?

I think for people like myself, unless they come out with an M version of the Z4, I'll take my chances with the more powerful, lighter S54 M Roadster.

For people that do not like the current Z3 (or current owners that are fed up with things like boot covers and plastic rear windows), the Z4 will have some appeal. Bigger, heavier and with the improvements listed above (which critics have called drawbacks on the Z3), there should be a market for it. We'll see.


Jon, can I fix my title back now. I'd hardly qualify lord of the roadsters when there are quite a few people more qualified participating on this forum

Last edited by scottn2retro; 08-24-2002 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
M Roadster v. Z4 3.0i 6 speed bmargolis E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002) 3 05-01-2003 05:31 PM
New BMW M Roadster spotted in Europe, may be ready by 2004 model year JBsC5 E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002) 2 04-23-2003 07:23 AM
Bmw Announces The Winner Of The First Z4 Roadster Jon Shafer General BMW 12 10-22-2002 07:00 PM
Prices for New 2003 Z4 Roadster ChrisTO E36/7 Z3 (1996-2002) 0 09-19-2002 08:04 PM
Re: Model Year 2003 Z4 roadster Jon Shafer General BMW 4 07-11-2002 09:59 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms