BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Part Question, Seat Adjustment Knob

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  nml1022 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know roughly how much a seat adjustment knob (I guess this is the best name for it) for a 1998 E39 540iA would cost for the drivers side? A part number would also be helpful.

Attached is a picture of the part I'm referring to(note: the picture is a passenger side knob, I need a drivers side)

Thanks in advance! :thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Bought one yesterday for $5.92 plus tax

My seat button came off in my hand the other day. It was damaged (internal plastic clip broken) and I picked one up at a dealer yeasterday - my car (2001 525i) is still under warranty but I did not want to go to the trouble and just paid for it.

Now my problem is that it does not just simply snap on, there appears to be a piece missing between the button and the switch. Anyone knwo about this?

#4 ·
arunder said:
My seat button came off in my hand the other day. It was damaged (internal plastic clip broken) and I picked one up at a dealer yeasterday - my car (2001 525i) is still under warranty but I did not want to go to the trouble and just paid for it.

Now my problem is that it does not just simply snap on, there appears to be a piece missing between the button and the switch. Anyone knwo about this?
Sorry I don't know how to install it; however, do you remember how much you paid for the clip itself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.