Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 04-14-2005, 06:22 PM

Mein Auto: Nissan Frontier
Newbie with stupid questions

I recently bought a 94 325ic and have some stupid questions. I ordered a manual but I am anxious to fix some things and wanted to get some parts for the weekend.

What are the trim pieces called that move out of the way when the top comes up? They are attached by a spring and slide back and forth on the rear side panel. I am missing one on the passenger side and another small trim piece on that same side that doesn't move.

My glove box lid sags. Is there any adjustment to fix that?

Can I put in any cd player? Do I have to deal with a factory amp or not? The people at the stereo stores don't seem to know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bmw00.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	249.9 KB
ID:	48379  
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E36's
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsscs
I recently bought a 94 325ic and have some stupid questions. I ordered a manual but I am anxious to fix some things and wanted to get some parts for the weekend.

What are the trim pieces called that move out of the way when the top comes up? They are attached by a spring and slide back and forth on the rear side panel. I am missing one on the passenger side and another small trim piece on that same side that doesn't move.

My glove box lid sags. Is there any adjustment to fix that?

Can I put in any cd player? Do I have to deal with a factory amp or not? The people at the stereo stores don't seem to know.

Can't help you with the first queston, don't own a Conv.

Yes, there a way to do the glove box thing, here's a link to fix

http://www.bimmerdiy.com/

Keep this link, it WILL BE YOUR MANUAL and DIY

Yes, you can put any aftermarket Cd Player. You would just need to buy an adaptor for the stock harness to plug into your aftermarket headunit. I think Ebay have them for like $5 bucks or any audio shop should have them in stock.
You don't need to do anything if you running your headunit to your stock Amp. But if you upgrade or want to change Amp, then they will be some rewiring work. Nothing major
Old 04-15-2005, 04:26 AM

Mein Auto: Nissan Frontier
Thanks for the help! Now if I can figure out those darn trim pieces.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:15 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to njoutlaw88
Mein Auto: 96 328ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwsscs
Thanks for the help! Now if I can figure out those darn trim pieces.
I got the trim peices. Go to your bmw dealer and order new ones. They will have a chart there with a picture of the car and you just tell him what you need. Good luck with your new convertible.