Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Ask-A-Dealer

Ask-A-Dealer
Talk to our team of BMW Client Advisors. Get all of your buying/financing/leasing questions answered here!

Old 04-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 ED 5er
Any SoCal OC Bimmerfest friendly dealers for service?

I'm looking to bring my car in for some potential warranty issues and was wondering if there are any bimmerfest friendly dealers in the Orange County area. Also if there are any service bulletins for the following issues

1. AC - blows stinky air (smells almost like iodine, yechh
2. While filling up gas, the pump will stop after ~1 gallon. I'm concerned there is a restriction in the filler pipe.

Also, what is the policy of dealers for a loaner car? I did ED with the car through an out of state dealer.

thx in advance.
Ads by Google
Old 04-18-2005, 02:35 PM
24/7 Bimmer Addict

Send a message via MSN to sunnykk Send a message via Yahoo to sunnykk
Mein Auto: 05 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by directcj
I'm looking to bring my car in for some potential warranty issues and was wondering if there are any bimmerfest friendly dealers in the Orange County area. Also if there are any service bulletins for the following issues

2. While filling up gas, the pump will stop after ~1 gallon. I'm concerned there is a restriction in the filler pipe.

Also, what is the policy of dealers for a loaner car? I did ED with the car through an out of state dealer.

thx in advance.
Regarding loaners, if you give them enough notice, they should be able to hook u up.
OEM: Alarm, Universal Trainsmitter, I-Pod, Mud Flaps; After Market: Clear Bra, 3M-Tint-27%, Passport 8500X-Hard Wired
DIY: Euro Tray, Al Foot-pedals & Foot-rest, ULO Front & Rear Clears, Clutch Stop, De-badged

Old 04-18-2005, 03:01 PM
DHP pwns ZHP :p

Mein Auto: DHP Heehee... :p
Quote:

Neither issue really sounds like a warranty issue to me... but I'm just guessing.

The smelly AC air can happen on any car... it's from the condensation buildup in the air vents when people leave their AC on all the time. I never leave my AC on all the time and always run vent in fresh-air mode when it's not in use, and I've never had any major issues with this.

The gas pump stopping after 1 gallon or so is likely a pump/nozzle issue rather than with the car. When the vapor return line in the nozzle gets obstructed, the auto-shutoff will get triggered. Like when people top off their tanks and keep pumping even though the auto-shutoff keeps engaging, they can send gas back up the vapor return line and block it causing such symptoms.

As far as loaners... all dealers I've gone to don't give loaner cars unless you bought the car from them. If you do get offered a loaner and you didn't buy from them, consider yourself lucky. Personally, I'd be surprised if I got offered a loaner where I am.

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
"du hast mich gefragt, und ich hab nichts gesagt"
Old 04-18-2005, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeboy
Neither issue really sounds like a warranty issue to me... but I'm just guessing.

The gas pump stopping after 1 gallon or so is likely a pump/nozzle issue rather than with the car. When the vapor return line in the nozzle gets obstructed, the auto-shutoff will get triggered. Like when people top off their tanks and keep pumping even though the auto-shutoff keeps engaging, they can send gas back up the vapor return line and block it causing such symptoms.

As far as loaners... all dealers I've gone to don't give loaner cars unless you bought the car from them. If you do get offered a loaner and you didn't buy from them, consider yourself lucky. Personally, I'd be surprised if I got offered a loaner where I am.

I could understand if I keep using the same gas station AND the same pump each time I fill up. This has happened for every fill up I've done with 4 different gas stations here and 2 in Europe.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I could understand if I keep using the same gas station AND the same pump each time I fill up. This has happened for every fill up I've done with 4 different gas stations here and 2 in Europe.
Maybe just bad luck with the nozzles? Though it does seem odd that it happens to you every time... hmmm...

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 04-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Bo-ma-win!

Send a message via Yahoo to beewang
Mein Auto: S62 E39

Re: A/C smell - This MUST be your first German car. Either learn to shut of the AC (but leave the vent on full balsting to blow out any moisture) before arriving to destination, or learn to set the ventilation to full blast for a good 5 mins while you are away from the car or.... just get used to it. There is nuthing else you can do. Its a "G" thing

Re: Loaner - I greased up my service advisor VERY well w/ boos and wine everytime. In that respect it isn't really free perse, but seriously... where and how much can you get a BMW rental car in stateside Thus far I've had all kinds of loaners, Z3, Z4, 530,525, X3 325, 325it, 330i. Not a bad way to test out all the new bimmers

cheers,

beewang
Old 04-18-2005, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang
Re: A/C smell - This MUST be your first German car. Either learn to shut of the AC (but leave the vent on full balsting to blow out any moisture) before arriving to destination, or learn to set the ventilation to full blast for a good 5 mins while you are away from the car or.... just get used to it. There is nuthing else you can do. Its a "G" thing
Not just a G car thing... I knew a guy in college who had a Maxima in which he left the AC on all the time... that blew out some RANK air...

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG
Old 04-18-2005, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewang

Re: Loaner - I greased up my service advisor VERY well w/ boos and wine everytime. In that respect it isn't really free perse, but seriously... where and how much can you get a BMW rental car in stateside Thus far I've had all kinds of loaners, Z3, Z4, 530,525, X3 325, 325it, 330i. Not a bad way to test out all the new bimmers

cheers,

beewang
Not actually my 1st German car as I had a 64 & 72 BUG
It didn't have AC back then though so I never experienced this before. I also have a Lexus and I've never experienced this stinky smell. Do you notice this with your Japanese car?

On loaners, this is exactly why I'm asking about bimmerfest friendly dealers so I can establish a working relationship with them. If I'm to grease them up it would help to know that there is a dealer/service advisor out there in my area that everyone here is familiar with that is responsive to 'boos'
Old 04-18-2005, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Not actually my 1st German car as I had a 64 & 72 BUG
It didn't have AC back then though so I never experienced this before. I also have a Lexus and I've never experienced this stinky smell. Do you notice this with your Japanese car?

On loaners, this is exactly why I'm asking about bimmerfest friendly dealers so I can establish a working relationship with them. If I'm to grease them up it would help to know that there is a dealer/service advisor out there in my area that everyone here is familiar with that is responsive to 'boos'
I've only been to two dealers in the OC area for service, and quite honestly, it's been hit or miss for me... sometimes it'll be great... other times there's much to be desired...

'03 330Ci DHP
'06 M3 SMG