Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2005 Events > Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA
Information, stories, and photos of the biggest BMW show in the land...

Old 04-25-2005, 08:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01 S54 M Roadster & 97 M3
Wow what a Blast,

Bimmerfest was a Total Blast! I had the most fun I have had in years. The sunburned face was more than worth it. This was my first Bimmerfest and you can bet that my son and I will be back next year.
Jon, having to do the logistic for Bimmerfest, had to be a nightmare.
I, myself, having coordinated get-togethers with over a hundred folks is not an easy thing to pull off. Then getting vendors to kick-in is also another logistic achievement. One I do not like doing at all
Yes, I won (I donated freely) the His and Her Z4 Watches. (Hmmmm) I see a possible mod here? Can I change them into ///M? That would be really cool. But thank you for them. I only bought eight tickets.
I also know of a couple that only bought four tickets and won an air induction system, a front and rear strut bar, and some very good wine.
As for helping writing names on the tickets, had I been there I would have also helped. As for using your family to help sell tickets who else would you ask? (It's a no brainer.) (No harm meant of any kind to any of your friends.)

What I see that is very positive is that next year's raffle will bring in even more funds for the Charity, which is the very reason we had the raffle and that the Vendors so graciously contributed.
Thanks to all of you good people. We had a great time. We helped some folks. I met a lot of great people and saw a lot of really cool cars.
Mike
Old 04-29-2005, 12:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
Hey Jon,

Who should I contact for the iForged gift certificate?

Thanks,

BOW TO BMW
Old 04-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Hey Jon,

Who should I contact for the iForged gift certificate?

Thanks,
Sky,

Try Vince Wong: vwong@iforged.com (714)484-1070 ext 111

Vince is da man!

Old 04-29-2005, 10:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Gladius
Mein Auto: 2001 M3
My wife (the one from Denver) won twice and we only bought 5 tickets. I guess we got lucky, considering the number of tickets sold (over 1000).

Thanks Jon and others who put all the effort into this event. We had a blast and winning twice was just icing on the cake. I hope you don't pay too much heed to all the folks in this thread who are complaining.

Now, I just need to find someone who can use the two things I won (riotracing discount and e6designs gift cert.) since they don't make anything for my car (that I could tell from their websites).
Old 04-29-2005, 04:18 PM

Mein Auto: 06 530xi / M package
And Beewang didn't win the Stoptech's. My friend Chris purchased $20 in tickets and won them..lucky b@stard.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Sky,

Try Vince Wong: vwong@iforged.com (714)484-1070 ext 111

Vince is da man!

Thanks, Jon!!!!!

BOW TO BMW
Old 05-01-2005, 07:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to azn_m5
Mein Auto: 2000 M5 and a 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4kasper
And Beewang didn't win the Stoptech's. My friend Chris purchased $20 in tickets and won them..lucky b@stard.
Damn right I did...and my front kit is on the way, 14.2 inches of big brake happiness.

Jon, the 'Fest was awesome this year and it was a pleasure chatting with you at Denny's before heading back to the desert with the AZ crew.

Can't wait until next year, BFest 2006 w00t w00t!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:39 PM

what are you doing about the rear?
Old 05-01-2005, 11:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to azn_m5
Mein Auto: 2000 M5 and a 2002 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4kasper
what are you doing about the rear?
Probably won't get rear...planning to get different wheels, won't be able to fit rear for a very bling reason...
Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 AM

Do I smell 5in of lip??? That would look hot!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 AM
www.my330i.com

Send a message via AIM to marvelphx
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ESS ZHP
It is sad to think that after all the work that everyone put in to make Bimmerfest happen, we get hints of accusations that the raffle was rigged. What purpose would that serve? Who benefits from it?

Bimmerfest is a close-knit community of soft and die-hard BMW enthusiasts who once a year come together to share that devotion in a very open and diverse environment.

Between Jon, Scott, and myself, there is more than enough passion to make it the best show we can. I, myself, bought $20 worth of raffle tickets... not to win anything, but to donate to the Family Services. And I am *more* than directly involved in the show. Had I won, I would have reveled in getting picked, then given the prize to the next ticket pulled. It is fun to get picked and hear your name announced!

And by the way, I was watching Jon from behind while helping get the prizes ready and could read the tickets over his shoulder as he announced them. Sometimes I reacted before the name was read (oops!), but he conducted the raffle fair and square.

As for beewang, Bernard had a 1 in 12 chance of winning a prize on every pull; I'd say those are pretty damn good odds for a $500 investment and a $20k+ prize pool. My poor lonely 4 tickets gave me 1 in about 300. The math doesn't make it hard to understand why he was so successful.