Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2005 Events > Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA
Information, stories, and photos of the biggest BMW show in the land...

Old 04-25-2005, 03:28 PM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8ermoo
Oh okay. Eh whatever what's done is done you can't go back and beat him up or something
Actually, if that person fled the scene of an accident, he could be turned into the authorities (and his insurance finds out).
Photo gallery
Old 04-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Victory is mine!

Mein Auto: 03' 330i ZHP, 04' 325ci
I had more fun searching the photo log for a blue M3 than I do reading the other ramblings. Hah.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to AirborneDEN Send a message via MSN to AirborneDEN Send a message via Yahoo to AirborneDEN
Mein Auto: 325i 94' vert
Too bad I cant provide more info, but the only thing I remembered was that it was a white male in a estoril m3 coupe.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:30 PM
e39 e39 e39

Send a message via AIM to Slvr e39
Mein Auto: Dinan Stg 1 M3 Coupe
Im suprized no1 has pics of it
Old 04-25-2005, 04:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 M3 LSB, Infiniti I30
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro
Actually, if that person fled the scene of an accident, he could be turned into the authorities (and his insurance finds out).
True...this is all pretty weird to me. You'd think all us enthusiasts would get together and have a good attitude towards everything, but all the posts i've seen have just been complaints and whinning towards "stupid" driving. It's a road rally with a bunch of above average performance vehicles. What do people expect? All of us going 65 in the right lane? Making someone crash though...that's over the line. Not stopping because he caused the crash is pretty bad too and not really considerate given that we all share a common love for cars, but it seems like he doesn't care much about other guys.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:59 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 Cosmos ///M3
I have video when i get home ill try and get a still picture taken.

There where a few morons on the caravan, but thats no reason to stop the caravan. i had a blast on it seeing all those cars and watching people posted up taking pictures. alot of the people I've seen bad replies about it didnt even go, "dont knock it till you try it" alot of people said they have gone before and didnt go because of these morons, well theres nothing you can really do about them, go driving for a day in your city you will see bad drivers everywhere, you take a chance of getting into an accident everyday, personally there were as many moron drivers as i see on a daily drive, so why bitch about it?

ill post the pics when i get home later since my cam is there. please dont flame me or upstage my opinion, its worthless effort.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Got beats?

Send a message via ICQ to roxnadz Send a message via Yahoo to roxnadz
Mein Auto: 01 540i/6, 91 535i/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek.statik
well theres nothing you can really do about them, go driving for a day in your city you will see bad drivers everywhere, you take a chance of getting into an accident everyday, personally there were as many moron drivers as i see on a daily drive, so why bitch about it?

ill post the pics when i get home later since my cam is there. please dont flame me or upstage my opinion, its worthless effort.
Well, I guess that's as good an excuse as any.

So, if you see guys driving off a bridge, I guess you should do that too, since 'you will see bad drivers everywhere'?

Old 04-25-2005, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxnadz

So, if you see guys driving off a bridge, I guess you should do that too, since 'you will see bad drivers everywhere'?

yo' tha be sum dooks of hazerd sh!tte right there yo'.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:31 PM
black beast's master

Send a message via AIM to tommiexboi
Mein Auto: e46 2000 328i
i have the video of the guy who did that lol
Old 04-25-2005, 05:33 PM
The only cars to drive...

Mein Auto: 2002, 3.0 CS, Z4 3.0i
sleek.statik, you have been upstaged.

~Vroomer
Old 04-25-2005, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroomer
sleek.statik, you have been upstaged.

~Vroomer
buwahahaha yeah and he did it with such ease lol oh well.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:38 PM

Post those Vids guys. preferably ones with plate #s.

Oh, and this was what I was afraid of, so I left at 11:30.

OVER ALL, I liked the fest.

~Vroomer
Old 04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Got beats?

Send a message via ICQ to roxnadz Send a message via Yahoo to roxnadz
Mein Auto: 01 540i/6, 91 535i/5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek.statik
buwahahaha yeah and he did it with such ease lol oh well.
Hey what can I say. Setup was easy
Old 04-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Victory is mine!

Mein Auto: 03' 330i ZHP, 04' 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxnadz

Nono. I think what he's saying is since you can't do anything about guys driving off a bridge, you should just take videos of them and sell it to world's wildest videos.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:22 PM

Video Needed!!

~Vroomer
Old 04-25-2005, 09:28 PM

Mein Auto: 1996 328i
Vroomer, that story ^^^ is hilarious
Old 04-25-2005, 09:42 PM

Mein Auto: 740i
video

i have a video of that guy doing donuts near my car,,,,during the first stop,,,,,but it is on video,,,,i dont have the equipment to put it on the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPoweredKid
i could recognize the car if i saw it. it was the only Estoril with BBS CH's i saw saturday. have yet to see it in any pics, but i have yet to see all the pics
Old 04-25-2005, 09:51 PM
into things retro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740ibmw
i have a video of that guy doing donuts near my car,,,,during the first stop,,,,,but it is on video,,,,i dont have the equipment to put it on the net.
You could see which car it matches in Cliff's road rally pics (see the thread) - he got every car going by.
Photo gallery
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 PM
E21 Legion !

Send a message via AIM to MattE21
Mein Auto: E21 320is
we're all confusing this thread into one car being the culprit for 2 crimes.

The car you all identified, the E36 Estoril did the donuts at the first rally point, and nearly hit a few e21'ers and threw up mumerous rocks at many cars.

The car that cut off the White arizona E36 M3 was a LSB E46 M3. If anyone has pictures or video of that accident, please contact me thru PM or email.

Bfest 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 veteran
Old 04-25-2005, 11:35 PM

Mein Auto: 740i
bfest_rally_029

i watch my video ...the guy who did donuts on blue m3,,,during the first stop........and the guy matches the bfest_rally_029 picture ...i'm pretty sure it's him!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 12:10 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E36 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inv3ctiv3
I got a tad bit sideways leaving INO on Friday for the camera guy but there weren't other cars around to hit. And yea, when he first got off the offramp he drifted and almost hit the M5, corrected and almost hit my car. Then as we were leaving he decides to do a donut and comes close to getting two of my friends cars then as he tries to end the donut he comes close to the cars on the on ramp waiting to leave so he turns and almost hits the guardrail.
yeah so where is that video? I got sidways leaving the parking lot too.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 AM

Mein Auto: '89 325i
Quote:
Huh what are you talking about? All I said was it was interesting to watch him do that slide and donuts, but when he came near my car I thought uh oh this can't be good. I didn't cut or run anyone off the road. =\

Hey how many LSB's were out on the road including yourself do you think?
Old 04-26-2005, 07:27 AM
into things retro

Quote:
It's a road rally with a bunch of above average performance vehicles. What do people expect? All of us going 65 in the right lane?
Actually, yes - for just a few hours once a year I'd hope that the supposedly intelligent BMW enthusiasts could set a good example and not confirm the public's perception of those 'damn BMW drivers.' It sounds like the silver M3 could have saved himself a ticket if he'd had been content to just ride it out in line on the right lane.

I think with the growth of the event, we are clearly getting attendance from people not normally on the forums (a lot of people I talked to did not even know about the raffle and prizes ) and I'd imagine it's not the road rally veterans that don't know how to behave.

So maybe we're not doing enough on the day of the event to inform people about some things (like the raffle), but for sure about the road rally - what to expect, tips, what actions are not appreciated, CHP presence, etc.

Other clubs can do orderly rallies, and I think for the most part the Bimmerfest road rally is well conducted by just about everyone and it sounds like the vast majority do set that good example. 5 or 6 idiots out of 350 isn't bad, but when the reputation of an event is at stake there's not a lot of room for error.

The road rally is Jon's favorite part of the event, so I hope we don't give up on it. I think we can do it - I think we can pull off clean road rallies - maybe just need to do a little educating at the event before hand.
Photo gallery
Old 04-26-2005, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerE30
Hey how many LSB's were out on the road including yourself do you think?
I remember there were 2 more including me, but i'm sure those guys didn't flee the scene. I remember one more that I saw/talked to that I didn't notice during the 2nd stop, but remember seeing him all other times.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro
Actually, yes - for just a few hours once a year I'd hope that the supposedly intelligent BMW enthusiasts could set a good example and not confirm the public's perception of those 'damn BMW drivers.' It sounds like the silver M3 could have saved himself a ticket if he'd had been content to just ride it out in line on the right lane.

I think with the growth of the event, we are clearly getting attendance from people not normally on the forums (a lot of people I talked to did not even know about the raffle and prizes ) and I'd imagine it's not the road rally veterans that don't know how to behave.

So maybe we're not doing enough on the day of the event to inform people about some things (like the raffle), but for sure about the road rally - what to expect, tips, what actions are not appreciated, CHP presence, etc.

Other clubs can do orderly rallies, and I think for the most part the Bimmerfest road rally is well conducted by just about everyone and it sounds like the vast majority do set that good example. 5 or 6 idiots out of 350 isn't bad, but when the reputation of an event is at stake there's not a lot of room for error.

The road rally is Jon's favorite part of the event, so I hope we don't give up on it. I think we can do it - I think we can pull off clean road rallies - maybe just need to do a little educating at the event before hand.
The road rally was my favorite part too. I know what you mean, but you have to expect people to be going around 70-80 and doing a couple spirited runs. I think the point where people cross the line is when they endanger others or are going 95+ mph.