Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2005 Events > Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA
Information, stories, and photos of the biggest BMW show in the land...

Old 04-25-2005, 08:48 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: 5/01 production 330Cic
Brag: Record BayBimmerz caravan goes off without a hitch

Well, with all the stories of pandemonium in the SC caravan and the Road Rally, I just thought I'd post regarding what a superior bunch of adults we northern folk are

Snide needling aside, we had a great caravan down and back, and it was refreshingly free of the sort of moronic crap that's being discussed in other post-fest threads. We ended up with 80+ cars and over 100 people caravaning down together, including buds from as far north as Canada. The worst "incident" to report is shutting down the In 'n Out parking lot in Atascadero and annoying a few people, but other than that we had an orderly, fraternal, fun ride down together. The sight of a long string of BMWs on many of the scooping hills on 101 was very cool.

Sunday on the way back we had a smaller contingent of about 40 cars that made our way back up Hwy 1 to breathtaking vistas and scenery. Lunched in Morro Bay. Again, a well-behaved crowd with excellent comraderie... It was about hanging together, having a bit of fun on the twisties between Morro Bay and Big Sur but keeping it safe, getting some cool group pix by the ocean. Not about proving anything to anyone.

Big to Keith and his exceptional efforts to organize our contingent. Many thanks to all my BayBimmerz friends for making this, once again, a better weekend than I had been anticipating -- and my expectations were high. Can't wait for next year... only 364 days to go
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2005, 09:40 AM
into things retro

Mein Auto: '02 M3 SMG & '08 135i
Congrats on a well run caravan.

I'm thinking that maybe the SoCal caravan should take a hint from you guys and go up on Friday - that way people don't feel compelled to race to Santa Barbara to get on the lot.
Photo gallery
Old 04-25-2005, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn2retro
Congrats on a well run caravan.

I'm thinking that maybe the SoCal caravan should take a hint from you guys and go up on Friday - that way people don't feel compelled to race to Santa Barbara to get on the lot.
It would be to their advantage in many ways... For us, "the fest" is a three-day affair, and the actual event itself Saturday, while awesome, is only one part of the great experience.

Coming up on Friday and staying over night means joining in with a variety of other social BMW community activities that most of us from Bay Bimmerz consider to be just as important as the Saturday program itself -- the caravan, of course; washing/detailing cars together that afternoon; the "mini-fest" in the Ramada parking lot (rumor has it bfest folks took 90% of the place this year ); socializing/yakking/meeting new people at dinner Friday night; micro-caravan over to the fest in the morning.

It's so much more of an rich experience with all that, and for me at least, Friday and Sunday epitomize what I come to the fest for: Friends, swapping stories, hanging out, meeting people, talking cars, having some cool shared experiences. Saturday is great in it's own right, but it's a bit more "sanitary" from a fraternal standpoint.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Victory is mine!

Mein Auto: 03' 330i ZHP, 04' 325ci
We crossed the finish line safely

Old 04-25-2005, 06:33 PM
black beast's master

Send a message via AIM to tommiexboi
Mein Auto: e46 2000 328i
didn't even see the finish line... wtf
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 PM

Mein Auto: 94 Schwartz II 325is
haha yea cant say enough thanks to keith and everybody in the norcal caravan, this was my first bimmerfest and it was a blast....thanks everyone!!!

GOTDINAN?-MATT
1994 325is Schwartz II
Old 04-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to geduardo
Mein Auto: 01 Steel Gray E46 325Ci
You know Dave...that's why I love hanging out with you guys. We made one day turn into a 3 day event. Everyone was cool, we BSed and had a great time. I love going down for the cars and the event and all, but most of all, I have a great time hanging out with you guys. I can't thank Keith enough for organizing and letting all of us share this experience together with great people. You guys are awesome and as Keith says, I consider you guys my extended family. I had a great time this year and I can't wait till next year. Thanks again to Jon and Keith for their time and effort

P.S. Oh yeah I forgot.....We NorCalBMW and BayBimmerz members RULE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by geduardo; 04-26-2005 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 M3 Cabriolet
Hey all,

This was my first Bimmerfest. I've been on other road trips with guys from M3forum.com, but I don't think I've met any of you guys before...

Anyway, Bimmerfest was just OK for me because I'm not really into modding my car (yet). What I found to be the most fun was the caravan down there and back, and how there is a real feeling of comradarie between everyone. A diverse mix of people both young and old from all walks of life.

My friend Ryan who came along with me was so pissed that he didn't bring his brand new Imola Red X5 4.8 and we're already planning to come with a larger group next year, which will be fun!

The dinner at the elephant bar was great and we met some really nice people (Bob and Pat from San Jose especially).

Thanks to Keith for organizing everything.

Warm Regards,

Tom.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 328Ci
This was also my first Bimmerfest and I defintaly have to say i'm coming back
next year! It was a blast. I want to thank everyone who organized this even it was
great. Keith your awsome for getting everything together. It's nice to have people
get together and share their love for BMW's ,i honestly have to say i've always loved
BMW's but, after this I have so much more appreciation for my car!

It was nice meeting everyone and I hoep to see everyone next year!

I'm excited to invade Santa Barbra again.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:21 PM
Lurking around since 2005

Send a message via AIM to BMWenthusiast Send a message via MSN to BMWenthusiast
Mein Auto: E90 2006 BMW 330i
i'd be up for a night in Santa Barbara, but would alot of people actually want to stay there over night when they live a couple hours away
Old 04-27-2005, 12:11 AM
...is never off duty.

Mein Auto: E46 323i & E36 328is
BayBimmerz ownz!

There is deff. an advanatage to an "older" group and mature younger guys. Can't wait till next year!

Old 04-28-2005, 10:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWenthusiast
i'd be up for a night in Santa Barbara, but would alot of people actually want to stay there over night when they live a couple hours away
Don't know, but that really shouldn't be relevant to the issue... the overnight is not about travel issues, it's about participating in the fun. So distance from home isn't really meaningful...