Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 05-15-2005, 08:24 AM
Estoril Blue Black Nappa

Mein Auto: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstream23
Estoril is a great color....closer to Leguna Seca than other blues. My favorite is an oldie called Le Mans Blue. Haven't been able to find a picture of Le Mans Blue in a while though...
This guy posted these pics of Le Mans Blue on bimmerfest back in 04.It is a very nice color.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Side[1].jpg
Views:	227
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	50223   Click image for larger version

Name:	LMB BBS CHs.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	50225   Click image for larger version

Name:	LeMans Blue side.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	50226   Click image for larger version

Name:	BBS CHS rear qrtr.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	50227  

Last edited by Shades; 05-15-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:49 AM
Lost

Mein Auto: 2003 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades
This guy posted these pics of Le Mans Blue on bimmerfest back in 04.It is a very nice color.

That is one BEAUTIFUL color!!

I would go for that in a heartbeat if it was a stock color.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Le Mans Blue is listed as an Individual choice for E46s, so it should be available for the usual $2000 special order paint charge.
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 05-15-2005, 02:32 PM

Mein Auto: 330i, Toyota Land Cruiser
Quote:

Yup, that's it ! Love it !!!! Thanks for digging those up.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Elected by grace

Mein Auto: 1 M; '11 328iT; 08 R32
Sterling grey

Quote:
Yeah, LeMans Blue ROCKS! Probably my fave BMW blue of all time, with Orient and Avus not far behind. I'm probably the only guy in the world that still has not glimpsed Interlagos blue, so I can't rank it yet. From what I can tell it falls between Velvet and LeMans. I'm hoping I can see IB before I have to pull the trigger. I like to know exactly what I'm getting before I order, although the one time previously I went against the grain and selected Tanin red sight unseen it came up aces.

Oh, and the Sterling grey on that 'other' M3 certainly doesn't reek either. Two great Individual colors IMO.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Lurking around since 2005

Send a message via AIM to BMWenthusiast Send a message via MSN to BMWenthusiast
Mein Auto: E90 2006 BMW 330i
never looked at thsi section of the site before, but omg, that is an awesome color
Old 05-25-2005, 12:01 AM

Mein Auto: '02 330Ci, '05 M3
IndyMike, if you don't get IB, I'll probably never see one in this town. D&R seemingly only stocks black and silver Ms, unfortunately.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:24 AM
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike
Yeah, LeMans Blue ROCKS! Probably my fave BMW blue of all time, with Orient and Avus not far behind. I'm probably the only guy in the world that still has not glimpsed Interlagos blue, so I can't rank it yet. From what I can tell it falls between Velvet and LeMans. I'm hoping I can see IB before I have to pull the trigger. I like to know exactly what I'm getting before I order, although the one time previously I went against the grain and selected Tanin red sight unseen it came up aces.

Oh, and the Sterling grey on that 'other' M3 certainly doesn't reek either. Two great Individual colors IMO.
IndyMike it's definetly different. I was a little hesitant because in the sunlight its a little TO lite blue, kind of like topaz was. I tend like dark rich colors on my cars and I think that Lemans has more of that quality then IB. Like I said, I would get Lemans in a SECOND if it was not a 2K upcharge. I already feel like I am paying a ton.

I decided to go with IB anyway because I could not think of another stock M color I wanted more. I probably would have gone with Oxford Green if was still offered for 05. Ohhhh Oxford/Cinnimon Comp pkg!! That would have been sweet!!

The IB does have a really cool slight purple tone to it in some lights.

I checked today and the web site says En Route. Ugh, four more weeks!!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
Elected by grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWenthusiast
never looked at thsi section of the site before, but omg, that is an awesome color
Yeah, this forum has a very corruptive influence associated with it. It's very easy for us to help you spend your hard earned discretionary dollars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy330Ci
IndyMike, if you don't get IB, I'll probably never see one in this town. D&R seemingly only stocks black and silver Ms, unfortunately.
Yeah, D&R is the least imaginative BMW dealership I've ever been associated with. Although their new CPO lot does stock a lot of Carbon Black M's, at least until recently. I really like all of the CA's at D&R and their service department is commendable, but I find it hard to be loyal to them due to their predominant hardline MSRP or take a hike stance. Therefore, I've bought twice from Defouw BMW in Lafayette, and once from Passport BMW in Maryland. And for this one I'm working with Filip (Sarafil) at Inskip BMW in Warwick, RI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD330ci
IndyMike it's definetly different. I was a little hesitant because in the sunlight its a little TO lite blue, kind of like topaz was. I tend like dark rich colors on my cars and I think that Lemans has more of that quality then IB. Like I said, I would get Lemans in a SECOND if it was not a 2K upcharge. I already feel like I am paying a ton.

I decided to go with IB anyway because I could not think of another stock M color I wanted more. I probably would have gone with Oxford Green if was still offered for 05. Ohhhh Oxford/Cinnimon Comp pkg!! That would have been sweet!!

The IB does have a really cool slight purple tone to it in some lights.
TD330ci, I think my perceived problem with IB is that I fear I would become bored with it after a couple of years. I have every intention of keeping this car for a very, very long time (didn't aty say the same thing about his M ) , and for me it's like picking out a frau. This is playing for keeps.

And reference the $2k bump, you know, first I had to talk myself over the $50k mental hurdle. That took me a long time to overcome. I still kind of find it unfathomable that anyone would spend that much on a car, but my shrink, support group and you good people here are helping me to come to grips with it. And really, it's not a $2k bump, but really more like $1.5k ($2k special - $500 metallic). And then take off 5 C notes more for my BMWCCA association and it's really only $1k. And the more I think about it, the cooler it would be to have that 'Individual' stamp on that shock tower. I mean, that's got to be good for about 5 more C notes there in psychic income at least, so now it's more like down to $500 more. I'm sure if I tried I could spin it even harder to the extent that going Individual will save me some coins. Such as, since I can only go either with Special exterior ($1.5k bump) or interior ($3.9k bump), I'm actually saving $2.4k in going with an Individual exterior color instead of interior. See how good at rationalizing I've become?

Last edited by IndyMike; 05-25-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:12 PM

Quote:
...And then take off 5 C notes more for my BMWCCA association and it's really only $1k. And the more I think about it, the cooler it would be to have that 'Individual' stamp on that shock tower. I mean, that's got to be good for about 5 more C notes there in psychic income at least, so now it's more like down to $500 more. I'm sure if I tried I could spin it even harder to the extent that going Individual will save me some coins. Such as, since I can only go either with Special exterior ($1.5k bump) or interior ($3.9k bump), I'm actually saving $2.4k in going with an Individual exterior color instead of interior. See how good at rationalizing I've become?
Good job, IndyMike! Keep this going and I think you can get down to under Hyundai prices. Psychic price only, of course -- be sure to take well over 50K cash when you pick it up!
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 05-25-2005, 11:24 PM
Lost

Quote:
Yeah, this forum has a very corruptive influence associated with it. It's very easy for us to help you spend your hard earned discretionary dollars.

Yeah, D&R is the least imaginative BMW dealership I've ever been associated with. Although their new CPO lot does stock a lot of Carbon Black M's, at least until recently. I really like all of the CA's at D&R and their service department is commendable, but I find it hard to be loyal to them due to their predominant hardline MSRP or take a hike stance. Therefore, I've bought twice from Defouw BMW in Lafayette, and once from Passport BMW in Maryland. And for this one I'm working with Filip (Sarafil) at Inskip BMW in Warwick, RI.

TD330ci, I think my perceived problem with IB is that I fear I would become bored with it after a couple of years. I have every intention of keeping this car for a very, very long time (didn't aty say the same thing about his M ) , and for me it's like picking out a frau. This is playing for keeps.

And reference the $2k bump, you know, first I had to talk myself over the $50k mental hurdle. That took me a long time to overcome. I still kind of find it unfathomable that anyone would spend that much on a car, but my shrink, support group and you good people here are helping me to come to grips with it. And really, it's not a $2k bump, but really more like $1.5k ($2k special - $500 metallic). And then take off 5 C notes more for my BMWCCA association and it's really only $1k. And the more I think about it, the cooler it would be to have that 'Individual' stamp on that shock tower. I mean, that's got to be good for about 5 more C notes there in psychic income at least, so now it's more like down to $500 more. I'm sure if I tried I could spin it even harder to the extent that going Individual will save me some coins. Such as, since I can only go either with Special exterior ($1.5k bump) or interior ($3.9k bump), I'm actually saving $2.4k in going with an Individual exterior color instead of interior. See how good at rationalizing I've become?

Go for it Indy. Save your self. Mine is already on the boat.

Btw if you get lemans, I will be REALLY jeoulous!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Elected by grace

Quote:
Btw if you get lemans, I will be REALLY jeoulous!!!
And if it turns out there is no '06 M, then I'll be SOL and really jealous of you. It's a crapshoot for me at this point. You've got a priority 1 car enroute, and all I'm doing right now is exercising some ///Mental masturbation, like 24,000 other members on this board.

To use an age old cliche, an IB/Cinnamon M in the hand is worth two LB M's in the bush.

Old 05-26-2005, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Mine is already on the boat.
That wasn't the ship that had the slight run-in with the pier at Southhampton, was it?
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 05-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Elected by grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC
That wasn't the ship that had the slight run-in with the pier at Southhampton, was it?
Come on now, LMC. Everybody knows that's an unfounded rumor. TD330ci's beautiful IB M didn't even make it through the English Channel!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2575009.stm

Old 05-27-2005, 08:48 AM
Lost

Quote:
Come on now, LMC. Everybody knows that's an unfounded rumor. TD330ci's beautiful IB M didn't even make it through the English Channel!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/2575009.stm

STOP IT!!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:38 PM
Elected by grace

We're waiting!

Okay, you've had the car over a week now, and IMO that's enough time to celebrate and be selfish and everything. In the meantime some of your fellow 'Festers (not me of course) have been slowly dying, patiently waiting for you to at least throw us a pic bone or two.

Consider this your first warning........PICS OR BAN!!!, or you will shortly be reported to the Mod Squad and possibly risk becoming the second TD to be banned this year.

Of course, please don't misconstrue this as a (idle) threat!

Old 07-09-2005, 10:16 PM

Mein Auto: 05M3 ZCP / 12 X5
Quote:
Consider this your first warning........PICS OR BAN!!!, or you will shortly be reported to the Mod Squad and possibly risk becoming the second TD to be banned this year.

Of course, please don't misconstrue this as a (idle) threat!

LoL. I tried already in another thread.. He resisted. Threw out the "I'm too busy" excuse.
Old 07-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3
LoL. I tried already in another thread.. He resisted. Threw out the "I'm too busy" excuse.
Give a guy a break!! haha

I just got back from a three day house boat weekend and the car and the house are a mess!! I promise by this weekend. Still doing breakin... Grrrr

Mike, is the deposit in for the 06 yet.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Mike, is the deposit in for the 06 yet.
Mike will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he's decided to go with a Dodge Ram pickup instead of the M3.
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport
Old 07-12-2005, 09:32 PM
Lost

I will say that these wheels are VERY easy to scratch.

Even with the 275's I put on the back I found two scratch's on the edge of the passenger side back rim. I polished most of it out, but jezz I am going to more careful then I already am!!

Only 955 more break in miles to go.

Oh and Mike, say it isnt so.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:01 AM

Mein Auto: 05M3 ZCP / 12 X5
Where are the Mods in here?

Ban from posting until you post pictures!
Old 07-13-2005, 08:06 AM

Mein Auto: '88 M3, '01 Z3, '06 330i
I must admit, that looks good (IB/Cin)!

Last edited by Sean; 07-13-2005 at 08:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Ya, I saw that post on the 'other' board last night and linked to it in the 'Cinnamon' thread. Thanks for thumbnailing it to the board for everyone else. No brainer now as far as I'm concerned. Interlagos blue and 'sweet potato' leather it is. Only thing is I may have to purchase the warden a 'Coach' purse to match the leather. Call it a bribe if you will.

Mike, are you thinking of parting with the 330? I very well might be interested in the car when the time comes for you to sell.

Last edited by Sean; 07-13-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:21 AM

Quote:

I love Le Mans Blue!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:11 AM

Quote:
I will say that these wheels are VERY easy to scratch.

Even with the 275's I put on the back I found two scratch's on the edge of the passenger side back rim. I polished most of it out, but jezz I am going to more careful then I already am!!
So you swapped out tires immediately? Are you saying whoever did the tire swap scratched 'em or are they lightly curbed?
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport