Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2005 Events > Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA
Information, stories, and photos of the biggest BMW show in the land...

Old 02-14-2005, 02:29 AM
totally

Mein Auto: ist schwarz
Caravan (from WA) and cost questions

First, those from the north, how does the caravan work? I remember from last year the Seattle 7s and 5s grouped up and met a few on the way down right? Is it a straight 17 hour cannonball down, or is it a leisurely thing with a night somewhere in the middle? Whihch forum members are expecting to go?

Also, besides the obvious (gas, hotel) costs, what other costs should one expect to take that have not yet been mentioned?
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 528i
First, those from the north, how does the caravan work? I remember from last year the Seattle 7s and 5s grouped up and met a few on the way down right? Is it a straight 17 hour cannonball down, or is it a leisurely thing with a night somewhere in the middle? Whihch forum members are expecting to go?

Also, besides the obvious (gas, hotel) costs, what other costs should one expect to take that have not yet been mentioned?

Well hopefully Dave or Steve (Seattle 7's) see's your post for more definitive answer's, but I can tell you this, they are coming to my hometown of Pleasanton (CA) Thursday the 21st and spending the night at local Hotels, then getting up bright and early and joining us, the Bay Bimmerz Caravan for our trek to Santa Barbara.
I hope you can join them/us.

Hmm, other costs, buying "toys" from the supporting vendors at the 'fest!
We go out on the town for our annual pre-'fest and post-'fest dinner, then a little fun down on State St., you know, gettin' the clubs to wake up.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 740iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 528i

Hi 528i,

We have five cars signed up so far. Some of us plan to take at least two days to get to the Bay Area (Pleasanton) while others will do a straight 12 hour cannonball run to Pleasanton to meet with Keith's group, Bay Bimmerz, for the trip down 101 on Friday morning. The event is on Saturday. Sunday, we expect to travel up the beautiful California coast from Morrow Bay to Watsonville on Hwy 1 with the Bay Bimmerz.

There are no costs that I expect other than food, gas, hotel & other personal expenses (hopefully not car breakdowns!). This is my third year of the event/trip.

If you are a member of the CCA, an article on Bimerfest will appear in the next Zundfolge newsletter. Let me know if you need more information.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:53 PM
Tamer of the Mighty V8

Mein Auto: Black 1995 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7upNorth
Hi 528i,

We have five cars signed up so far. Some of us plan to take at least two days to get to the Bay Area (Pleasanton) while others will do a straight 12 hour cannonball run to Pleasanton to meet with Keith's group, Bay Bimmerz, for the trip down 101 on Friday morning. The event is on Saturday. Sunday, we expect to travel up the beautiful California coast from Morrow Bay to Watsonville on Hwy 1 with the Bay Bimmerz.

There are no costs that I expect other than food, gas, hotel & other personal expenses (hopefully not car breakdowns!). This is my third year of the event/trip.

If you are a member of the CCA, an article on Bimerfest will appear in the next Zundfolge newsletter. Let me know if you need more information.

Nice!
Old 02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '01 740iL
This will be my first year attending; looking forward to it
Old 02-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '01 740iL
This will be my first year attending; looking forward to it. First time taking this BMW on a road trip. Took my previous one (525i) to Grand Canyon, Vegas, etc. Good times.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Mein Auto: Ti Silver 03 M3
Great! You will want to post in the forum for the 2008 forum. this is the 2005 forum. Here is a link -

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134

Tim