Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest 2014 > Previous Events > 2005 Events > Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA

Bimmerfest 2005: Santa Barbara, CA
Information, stories, and photos of the biggest BMW show in the land...

Old 05-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Do the interns get Glocks

Send a message via AIM to LmtdSlip
Mein Auto: 325iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv
I agree with you, but I understand how important it is to support the vendors so they will participate, etc.

I ended up buying 4 shirts, but would have liked to buy a lady's t-shirt for myself instead of a man's shirt. JMHO
If a vendors name scrunched up next to their competitors is all it takes to get thier participation than more power to them.

But I would wager that the inclusion on the t-shirt is virtually worthless to these vendors. They are there because they see the value of the event and having 4000 raving BMW fans to see their products.

Vendors care about selling products....not little logos on the back of a shirt that will sit in a drawer 25 days a month.

Photobucket
Old 05-13-2005, 02:56 AM

Mein Auto: 97 M3
I liked this years shirts a lot. I bought my mother one too.
Old 05-13-2005, 05:46 PM
www.my330i.com

Send a message via AIM to marvelphx
Mein Auto: 2004 330i ESS ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LmtdSlip
If a vendors name scrunched up next to their competitors is all it takes to get thier participation than more power to them.

But I would wager that the inclusion on the t-shirt is virtually worthless to these vendors. They are there because they see the value of the event and having 4000 raving BMW fans to see their products.

Vendors care about selling products....not little logos on the back of a shirt that will sit in a drawer 25 days a month.

The vendors mostly participate because they love the event... and yes, to eventually make sales from their exposure. Business is business.

They were all VERY eager to be included on the shirt, more than you can imagine... some even fought over it.

Vendors, as any business, care about exposure and marketing to be succesful and continue to grow. Will they get millions from the shirt, no... But do you know how much companies pay to put their logo on the silliest shortest-lifespan products such as pens, lighters, matchbooks, plastic one-use cups, wrappers, etc... That is all trash with a one-time impression... Think about it. They do it for a reason. The shirts were an idea of mine to give them a bit of appreciation for coming each year and making Bimmerfest the best event it can be. Not a moneymaker.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:53 PM
Don't worry, be happy

Mein Auto: '05 645Cic
Were there any Bimmerfest shirts made for ladies that might still be available for sale?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Admin Owner Enthusiast
Bimmerfest Founder

Mein Auto: E92 M3 Cp
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAirbags
Were there any Bimmerfest shirts made for ladies that might still be available for sale?
BMW SB has lots of leftover shirts available....
Old 08-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Don't worry, be happy

Mein Auto: '05 645Cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
BMW SB has lots of leftover shirts available....
Cool! Do you know who I should contact there?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:26 AM
Do the interns get Glocks

Send a message via AIM to LmtdSlip
Mein Auto: 325iC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAirbags
Cool! Do you know who I should contact there?
First we will need to see a pic of the Lady who will be wearing the shirt so we can make a recommendation on sizing.

Photobucket