Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 04-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05 ED 5er
SW update from 15.x to 16.x

I brought my car ('05 525 w NAV) in to the dealer for a couple of gripes. I asked the service advison for a sw upgrade and he told me that he'll check to see if can be done by request. In other words he said that he didn't know if can be upgraded unless I mention an issue that can be resolved by an update. He initially told me that I have the latest 16.2 but I told him that I know I don't have that since I don't have the perspective view.

So, some help here from you guys. What are some issues that are resolved by going to 16.2 from 15.x

BTW, here's what I brought it in for:
1. During fill-up, gas nozzle keeps shutting off after only 1-2 gallons
2. AC stinks
3. Front passenger window- while trying to close window, window will go up halfway then go back down

Item 1 was fixed by changing the gas tank? SA told me this is a known issue (I should probably post this in a separate thread/subject so others can chime in). Something to do with the filler neck being too small and having a kink or wrong bend in it.
Item 2 was fixed by deodorizing
Item 3 - BMW is aware of the issue and is still investigating a fix.
Advertisement
Old 04-28-2005, 06:59 PM

Mein Auto: '05 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by directcj
BTW, here's what I brought it in for:
1. During fill-up, gas nozzle keeps shutting off after only 1-2 gallons
2. AC stinks
3. Front passenger window- while trying to close window, window will go up halfway then go back down

Item 1 was fixed by changing the gas tank? SA told me this is a known issue (I should probably post this in a separate thread/subject so others can chime in). Something to do with the filler neck being too small and having a kink or wrong bend in it.
Item 2 was fixed by deodorizing
Item 3 - BMW is aware of the issue and is still investigating a fix.
I have the a/c smell issue, and also the front passenger window issue. On the window, I assumed it was a faulty sensor for the anti-trap feature. I've had the car 3 months and it's happened maybe a dozen times. Did they try replacing the anti-trap sensor?
Old 04-28-2005, 11:34 PM

Mein Auto: 05 ED 5er
anti-trap not fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by stream
I have the a/c smell issue, and also the front passenger window issue. On the window, I assumed it was a faulty sensor for the anti-trap feature. I've had the car 3 months and it's happened maybe a dozen times. Did they try replacing the anti-trap sensor?
Nope.
SA told me that initially BMW advised the dealers to replace the motors which didn't work (problem apparently came back). Now BMW is advising them that the problem is still under investigation and that a resolution is coming.