Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i xDrive, LexusRX
random acceleration when breaking

e90 2011 just 64K KM

today I had couple of sudden RPMs going up when breaking about stop or complete break.
sure the car kind of "jumps" at those moments.

I had this effect long time ago. Seems like disappeared...
How this description could be explained in tech term and why it may happen?

Last summer coils were changed under CPO. Plugs were not touched.
The story that my CPO will finish in 10 days.

May be somebody can help me to properly address the issue to my dealership.
Basically, I have a good relation with people there. Really don't want to have some "surprise" after CPO will end.

Thx.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i, 2004 X5 4.4L
Quote:
Originally Posted by pob579 View Post
e90 2011 just 64K KM

today I had couple of sudden RPMs going up when breaking about stop or complete break.

Basically, I have a good relation with people there. Really don't want to have some "surprise" after CPO will end.

Thx.
Could this be transmission changing (dropping) gear(s)?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pob579 View Post
e90 2011 just 64K KM

Thx.
Does this happen when braking at lower speeds? (maybe under 20km/h)? This behavior seems normal. I guess transmission gets confused by how much speed is decreasing vs how much braking force is applied...?

I've experienced this a number of times during my 7-year ownership.

2011 328i E93 - ZSP, NAV, STEPTRONIC. All stock. Original Owner.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 PM
Reregistered User

Mein Auto: 09 E93 335i somewhat mod

Well pob579, you got the lifetime transmission fluid.

Meaning no more than 100k miles, you gotta change it and transmission filter; clean the pan.

Meaning, actually, issues begin around 60K mi for many, probably you! What's a guy in the Great White North gonna do? [THIS] - you better believe it!
Old 03-21-2017, 03:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i xDrive, LexusRX
Drove today 50km half\half city\high

Just fine. Some 5km with multiple stop signs. Just nothing.
I am so "panicking" just because of CPO warranty will expire in 10 days. I will be extremely frustrated if my beloved bimmer will do something really wrong after that.

Practically, I can talk to BMW when there is something obvious, then they take care. Don't like to come and "cry"

I will probably will apply e93to suggestion: "Does this happen when braking at lower speeds? (maybe under 20km/h)? This behavior seems normal."

Just wish that will not be something serious. It is very rare but comes up. Made a general search, many people saying it is brake booster
https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=20553.0

Do we have this heck in the BMW... no one of you didn't mention that the problem could be caused by it (if there is one).

Cal, I mentioned 64K KILOMETERS - not miles but everything is possible... and for "Could this be transmission changing (dropping) gear(s)?"
I don't want but can consider it to...
Can BMW check/test it if it is not obvious?

Just last week was in garage with confusing brake pads info. I got a nice 330 for a day. They found a broken sensor. Pads are in very good conditions.
I told him very first time that FORUM saying it is a sensor. Somebody here told me the story that his dealer reprogrammed comp before getting to the sensor that did fixed a problem...
My guy told the software too from the beginning...

Confusing small things... Or I am just getting old and overreact to small things. My young boy "beating" his old Acura on daily basis, but me with 64K KM on BMW getting "scary" of little things.

BTW, quick opinion about 330 as a loaner... drove evening and morning during terrible snowfall, the afternoon when highway was clean. Loved it, then not. Comfort yes, nice ride, when took back e90 felt like many other told already - steering just electrical - nothing to do...

Last edited by pob579; 03-21-2017 at 04:09 PM.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series & 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search