Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > Classifieds

Classifieds
Post for sale items in one of the for sale categories. Click here to browse new posts.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:33 AM
TWC Alumni

Mein Auto: E46 Saloon
***M5 Rims with Bridgestone Potenza tires ~~ $1000***

Hey everyone,

Gathering interest in who may want to buy my M5 rep rims when i go for something new in about 3 weeks. They are 18x8.5 (all around) wrapped with 235 40 18 Bridgestone RE730 Potenza tires with about 85% tread left all around. The rims weighed in at 23 lbs each and are very strong with that shadow chrome finish to it. Its not just plain silver paint like on most rims. It looks almost polished when the light hits it from certain angles. Very cool. 3 of the rims are in mint mint condition and one with alittle curb rash. No bends nothing

I purchased the rims new back then for $275 a piece which comes out to $1200 shipped just for the rims. Now the prices have gone down to $212 a piece which brings the total to about $950 with shipping just for the rims. Bridgestone tires in that size are between $185-210 per tire which is between $750-840 for tires.

New rims (4) $950
New tires (4) $840

Total set up $1790

I'm not looking to make money off my wheels, just a new home for someone not looking to spend an arm and a leg to rock something NOT stock I spent about 2K for my entire setup because i didn't want to get some inferior tires for my car and risk getting into an accident with all the money invested in it.

I prefer somone in the NY/NJ/LI/PA area so we could just meet up but would ship if needed for an additional cost.

Ok, even if you get the cheapest tires in that size (kuhmos) it will still run about 500 for just tires alone. So that means about $1500 (mounted and shipped) is the lowest you could get this setup for but of course, with some cheap tires. Not the Potenza RE730's that are on my setup. I'm putting this into consideration and have decided to sell my rims and tires mounted for only $1000. I'm taking a big loss on these but I'm trying to satisfy the potential buyer in terms of the price and the whole point of buying used is to get an awesome deal right? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

let me know if anyone is interested. Will fit any E46 and E36 non M's

$1000 complete rims and tires mounted and balanced.

email me at AKL001@aol.com

Tires

Rims on my car at Bimmerfest East

Alan
Old 07-22-2002, 07:54 AM
TWC Alumni

Mein Auto: E46 Saloon
More pics on Mark's Top Ten E46 page

http://bmw.vfive.com/~mark/toptene46/sedan/alanl/

Alan