Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E46 M3 (2001-2006)

E46 M3 (2001-2006)

Old 05-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 05M3 ZCP / 12 X5
What would be ?

I've been shopping around at dealers here in CT seeing what they would sell me a new M3 for. Forgive me for putting up a post like this, but I searched and didnt really find where people stated their opinions.

I'm just curious what some of you would consider to be a good deal. I mean, is $3k off MSRP a good deal? $3.5k off? I'm not looking for people to state what they got as far as a deal, unless you are comfortable doing so. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I can expect, as I have heard other people getting $2k - 3k off as a standard deal and I'm wondering if some dealers are feeling a little bit of a crunch, and would throw deals like this out right up front.
Ads by Google
Old 05-07-2005, 10:12 AM

Mein Auto: '07 328i, '08 135i
This thread may help:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96973
Old 05-07-2005, 10:51 AM

Mein Auto: 05M3 ZCP / 12 X5
Indeed it does. Thank you.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJS///M3
I'm just curious what some of you would consider to be a good deal. I mean, is $3k off MSRP a good deal? $3.5k off? I'm not looking for people to state what they got as far as a deal, unless you are comfortable doing so. I'm just trying to get a feel for what I can expect, as I have heard other people getting $2k - 3k off as a standard deal and I'm wondering if some dealers are feeling a little bit of a crunch, and would throw deals like this out right up front.
This type of thing varies so much from area to area. My deal in Oregon is wholesale + 3,220 -- or about 1,550 off list. I was slightly disappointed that I couldn't do better, but decided to stay with my local dealer.

I believe 3K off list would be a "good deal."
BMW CCA #115780
'14 X3 35i M sport

Last edited by LMC; 05-08-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:19 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Amount over invoice is only the beginning. They can and will get you on money factors, doc fees. They can really rip you on a trade in etc etc.

You have to look at the overall deal.

I would pay more a little more to develop a relationship with a dealership that was honest with me and had a great service department.

If you only care about saving, you can contact dealerships that are out of state and schedule a spartanburg delivery.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:06 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 325 XI
If you are talking about dealer inventory ?

If so then timing is every thing. If it is eom, or eoy and the sales rep needed to make a number you can score well.

A good starting number is 10% less than MSRP.

The dealer has all sorts of spiffs that you never see. So really that starting point is fair

Another way I go is to offer $500.00 over dealer cost - not invoice, dealer cost.

So a loaded 330 will go about $42 you should start at $38k.

Places like AutoByTel and Edmunds will give you good numbers.

Edmunds had a good article about a writer that went under cover to learn the car sales man game.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:34 PM
M Mad

Mein Auto: M Roadster/M3
Not all cars sell by the same rules. Also it dependson many factors, such as locality, model of car, time on the lot, etc, etc, etc.

'95 Alpine M3 LTW
'00 Dakar M Roadster
'02 Topaz M3
Red/White SRF #4 (Chassis 561)