Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 08-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Still here

Send a message via MSN to Pirate_copy
Mein Auto: M3
Thats why i love having a powerful car, if the dither for a second...i am gone!

Edirty6 for life
Old 08-14-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm here all week

Mein Auto: 1997 318i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate_copy View Post
I forgot to say that we have one of the biggest roundabouts in the world in the UK which doubles up as the largest carpark...we call it the M25
+1 on the car park.

My first experience of the M25 was last year when I got stuck (stationary) for 4.5 hours! A lorry had caught fire and the whole road was closed. Of course it happened to be on that fateful record breaking summer day where the temperature reached 37C/100F and the road temp was 48C/118F!

I didn't have my bimmer then, I had a Punto with no climate control.

And I was wearing a suit.

Happy days...
Old 08-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Monacoblau mit beige

Mein Auto: '07 E92 330i Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36 Phantom View Post
Yeah, I've never been to Europe but my grandpa has talked about the hilarity of us using roundabouts here. Apparently the one's you guys have work pretty well he says, and they're big enough to accommodate a good amount of drivers, and at least many of you know how to use them I'd assume.

Here, they stuck them in the middle of tiny residential streets, one lane only, you can really only fit about 3 to 4 cars in it, the people in the roundabout stop to let the people outside in (proper etiquette is to yield to the person IN the roundabout, no?), people both outside and in get confused, there are even the occasional people who go the wrong direction! It's a disaster here. Great idea, but US drivers just aren't used to the idea.
Haha, that's pretty funny. Give way to the right here, so yeah people in the roundabout are given right of way as they move clockwise.

The roundabouts are big here, you can do a lot of overtaking on the big ones, and people go around in the wrong lanes and there are enough entries to the roundabout that you can shoot on in without having to stop behind fools. The medium sized ones can be nightmarish though, because you rely on the people in front to get a move on. The mini-roundabouts are tiny, and I just drive straight over the central island of paint as if it weren't there. Stupid waste of time they are.

18" alloys - Sport seats - "Professional" Navigation - Bluetooth - DAB tuner - Extended interior light package - PDC
Heated front seats - Beige Dakota leather - Dark grey poplar trim - Anthracite headliner - Advanced loudspeaker system

Old 08-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Go you Good Thing

Mein Auto: e36 316I M
On the track I have got 217kph out of mine. Im thinking I could have got a little quicker but the braking points came up very very fast.........Remember, I have a 316 with the M44 1.9 motor and a 5 speed so I may get a little more response out of the car as its a 100 or so kilograms lighter than a standard 318.

The speed was measured by the track radar (it has a +or - 5 kph variance), which means the actual speed was somewhere between 212kph and 222kph. It was recorded on there lap computer for viewing later as anyone know who has driven at a bit of speed know that you have better things to do than look at a speed readout on the side of a track.

Cone
XXX
The best predictor for future behaviour, is past behaviour. ALSO, IT SHOULD BE NOTED:......AMATURES BUILT THE ARK..AND PROFESSIONALS BUILT THE TITANIC..................QUOTE FOR THE DAY.. Good drivers know how to get out of trouble, and better drivers know how to avoid it.....The Cone 2006 & 2007